Mcmourning Tactica (Work in Progress)

VonWyll

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Zombie Chihuahua leave a Corpse Counter?

When you sacrifice something....as Backup Materials states, you do not leave counters.

Also you may want to check the wording on Dissection....it says that you get 3 counters if you kill your target......not possible if you have painkillered the Chihuahua

Edited by CubertFarnsworth

Another way to get more points for your canine/totem.

This will set McM back a bit and he won't be in the fray but this can be worth it...

At the beginning of a turn start with McM and canine in base contact.

Smack the dog with a melee attack and cheat it down, hope for weak...

(this gets you +1 BPC)

Hit the dog with a dissection, again hope for a weak or a moderate, seeing as his minimum damage with his surgical implements is 2, the dog is almost dead from that alone. Killing the dog is a guarantee unless the cards turned quite mean. (+3 BPC, 4 total)

Dog is killed by dissection, not sacrificed therefore leaves a corpse counter. (+2 BPC, total 6)

Now you have enough to summon a frankie and become fast.

Another variant of this is also to sacrifice 1 SS at the beginning to start with 2 BPC, now you have 8 which is enough for the Rogue Necromancy.

I don't always see that as a bad thing because as far as I know McM has the largest cache of any master in the game. Please correct me on this if I am mistaken.

Yeah, Sandy...that was it, I just made this too late =P

Edited by hippieshopper
D'oh!

Hippie, what did we do to get the Rogue Necromancy out turn one?

It was,

Drop a SS for 2 Body Parts;

Attack the dog, cheat low dmg.

Dissect to kill it, and then (0) summon the RN, right?

Sandwich I am only counting 6 BPs there....need 8 BPs for RN

Not tough to pull off getting RN in turn one.

I think everyone forgets that when you kill a canine, he does create a corpse counter. Which McMourning should be in base to base with and auto collects according to rules.

get stick x 2

Wracked with pain

Dissection to dog

Two options here. Spend soul stone or spend 1 body part for fast and cast Dissection with Moderate Damage to another dog (if you have the card to cheat to Mod damage)

option 1: 8 Body parts (requires spending SS)

option2: 9 Body Parts (requires having the correct cards)

Cast Monstrous Creation.

8 requires no cards, An additional 1 per mask in hand

With Scalpel Magic right? At least I think that is where you are going.

Well now you are counting on your spells to go off but also with a mask....tougher sell.

The other stuff you have some control over....barring you can get off the spells.....you need a 4 on Wracked and an 8 on Dissection.....not hard but also looking for the mask.....again if you have it in hand. Mod cheating to get Mod Damage on Dissection stands a better chance since it is such a wide range....easier feat when 37% of the cards cover that range, and only 22% (if you include the Red Joker) for the mask cheat

Sandwich I am only counting 6 BPs there....need 8 BPs for RN

Not tough to pull off getting RN in turn one.

I think everyone forgets that when you kill a canine, he does create a corpse counter. Which McMourning should be in base to base with and auto collects according to rules.

get stick x 2

Wracked with pain

Dissection to dog

Two options here. Spend soul stone or spend 1 body part for fast and cast Dissection with Moderate Damage to another dog (if you have the card to cheat to Mod damage)

option 1: 8 Body parts (requires spending SS)

option2: 9 Body Parts (requires having the correct cards)

Cast Monstrous Creation.

Read what Hippieshopper wrote, that was the process I was intending to describe.

He's the McM player, not I.

And as for the lack of a Corpse Counter, that's okay, you're still getting the 8 you need for a RN. :]

Mine doesn't say anything about that.

It is the only one I have therefore... I follow that.

[1] Dissection

(CC: 15:crows/Rst: Df /Rg: :melee 2) Dg 1/5/10. This model gains 3 Body Part Counters if target is killed by Dissection. End this model's activation if Dissection inflicts Severe damage.

Also, there is nothing in either errata that says that it doesn't. Again, I am sticking to my card

Even if that is the case, spend another soulstone...you have SIX!!!

That's more than anyone else.

(Colette can suck a bag of dicks)

Read what Hippieshopper wrote, that was the process I was intending to describe.

He's the McM player, not I.

And as for the lack of a Corpse Counter, that's okay, you're still getting the 8 you need for a RN. :]

:hahaha: You SEE what I did there Sandwich.....I forgot about the corpse counter.....just as I had mentioned seconds before about people forgetting about the corpse counter!!! :der:

[1] Dissection

(CC: 15:crows/Rst: Df /Rg: :melee 2) Dg 1/5/10. This model gains 3 Body Part Counters if target is killed by Dissection. End this model's activation if Dissection inflicts Severe damage.

Also, there is nothing in either errata that says that it doesn't. Again, I am sticking to my card

Second Hippie on this one.....I am not seeing it either in any of the cards or erratas.

[1] Dissection

I'm not saying it to be difficult, as a McMourning player, i would absolutely love to be getting a corpse counter in addition to my 3 Body Parts from Dissection, but the Dissection on my Card reads:

[1] Dissection

(CC: 15:crows/Rst: Df /Rg: :melee 2) Dg 1/5/10. This model gains 3 Body Part Counters if target is killed by Dissection. End this model's activation if Dissection inflicts Severe damage. A Model killed by Dissection does not leave a Corpse Counter.

If our cards differ I'm not sure I can really get behind a 'well my older version of the card doesn't have that line so my McMourning model works differently because it's convenient' line of thinking. But I guess it could work for you until you play another McMourning player with the updated card?:hmmmm:

I'm not saying it to be difficult, as a McMourning player, i would absolutely love to be getting a corpse counter in addition to my 3 Body Parts from Dissection, but the Dissection on my Card reads:

[1] Dissection

(CC: 15:crows/Rst: Df /Rg: :melee 2) Dg 1/5/10. This model gains 3 Body Part Counters if target is killed by Dissection. End this model's activation if Dissection inflicts Severe damage. A Model killed by Dissection does not leave a Corpse Counter.

If our cards differ I'm not sure I can really get behind a 'well my older version of the card doesn't have that line so my McMourning model works differently because it's convenient' line of thinking. But I guess it could work for you until you play another McMourning player with the updated card?:hmmmm:

Hey Von, so your card says V2 on it?

How long ago did you get your Mcmourning and did you get him as a single blister or box set?

PS: Sorry about the thread jack, and thanks for ALL of your hard work and time on this Tactica. I would like to also add that this tactica served as an inspiration to start a McMourning Crew. :worship:

Edited by CubertFarnsworth

Hey Von, so your card says V2 on it?

How long ago did you get your Mcmourning and did you get him as a single blister or box set?

PS: Sorry about the thread jack, and thanks for ALL of your hard work and time on this Tactica. I would like to also add that this tactica served as an inspiration to start a McMourning Crew. :worship:

Nah it's okay, sorry for the slow updates, it's my exam period but I promise i will get this one done. Thanks for the praise, I appreciate it, I absolutely love the way McMourning plays.

I picked up McMourning maybe a month ago? Possibly a bit longer then that. Yeah, the cards do say that.

So I have a question in relation to the part about the Zombie Chiuahua. It's Get the Stick, the way I read it, makes it seem that it has to be within 3" of a body parts counter, not McMourning, and it zaps that counter to him. The wording in the write up at the start of this thread makes it sound like he makes body part counters out of thin air. You can compare the wording to the Vulture and it's almost word for word only the Vulture picks up Corpse counters instead of Body Parts. So am I right in that the dog does not create body parts (outside the sacrifice) but zaps them to McMourning when it comes across them within 3"?

So I have a question in relation to the part about the Zombie Chiuahua. It's Get the Stick, the way I read it, makes it seem that it has to be within 3" of a body parts counter, not McMourning, and it zaps that counter to him. The wording in the write up at the start of this thread makes it sound like he makes body part counters out of thin air. You can compare the wording to the Vulture and it's almost word for word only the Vulture picks up Corpse counters instead of Body Parts. So am I right in that the dog does not create body parts (outside the sacrifice) but zaps them to McMourning when it comes across them within 3"?

No, the Chihuahua does actually zap them out of thin air, and yes, I can understand your confusion about this topic because it does indeed seem to say that.

I will refer you here for clarification: http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?p=108305

Also, Crooked Men on the way, almost done.

I just picked up my Zombie Chihuahua from my LGS the other day and cracked it open last night. It has a new V2 card in it and they totally re-did "Get the stick!". It now reads as:

(1) "Get the stick!": Discard 1 Corpse Counter within 3" of this model. This models connected Master gains 1 Corpse Counter.

Talk about a total overhaul. Everything else on the card remains unchanged. Are they going to release some sort of unified updated document on stuf flike this? Heck, I don't even know what figures have V2 versions and which dont!

It sounds like McMourning will be getting a debuff shortly. While the part of me that thrills at the thought of summoning a Rogue Necromancy in turn one is sad, it's likely for the best. My local crew (myself included) were starting to wonder about the counter to McMourning's powerful summoning abilities. Viva la balance!

Talk about a total overhaul. Everything else on the card remains unchanged. Are they going to release some sort of unified updated document on stuf flike this? Heck, I don't even know what figures have V2 versions and which dont!

A fully inclusive errata document is apparently in the works and due shortly - this is according to WS in another thread so can be taken as law.

I do hope it arrives soon as with some V2 cards being out there it is certainly causing some confusion.

I just picked up my Zombie Chihuahua from my LGS the other day and cracked it open last night. It has a new V2 card in it and they totally re-did "Get the stick!". It now reads as:

(1) "Get the stick!": Discard 1 Corpse Counter within 3" of this model. This models connected Master gains 1 Corpse Counter.

If this is indeed true, I will need to retract my statement of the Chihuahua being the best totem for Mcmourning. While McMourning will still benefit from the Spare Parts rule, the Grave Spirit may now be marginally more useful.