tactica: C. Hoffman

izikial

Its tough since he is a high cost model to get in there , but can make Ryle a crazy gun platform ! . Hoffmans crew already comes in at a low model count so a non construct for 10 points might not be the best choice .

In higher points games I'd take him because he is awesome, but I agree with you, at lower and average (30-35) points I wouldn't take him.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Brawls his net cost is zero if you don't use a second master ;)

He still costs you the ability to take a second 'proper' Master, but I think there's lots of Synergy there:

- Hoffman loves Constructs, but after a certain point he doesn't really gain from having any more.

- Lucius can provide a different type of unit - and a solid back up of Guardsmen and Austringers can give the ranged punch that a traditional Hoffman list is missing (besides Ryle).

- With Maintain Machines, Lucius is able to give orders to Ryle, meaning between them Hoffman and Lucius can turn Ryle into a focal point of pain with 9 shots...

- Lucius can use Reinforcements to capture objectives that Hoffman might otherwise struggle with (as he likes to bunch up).

What about the Drill Seargent as a way to offshoot Tap Power? He can in a way keep up to Hoffman via linking.

He could be given to Lucius if you use him too. Being a Guardsman has synergies with him.

Not entirely sure what you mean by off shooting Tap Power? He is useful with Lucius, if you're taking other stuff Lucius likes (Guardsmen) - he does little for Lucius himself...

He'd really be a sub par totem choice for Hoffman, unless you were bringing lots of Guardsmen for support (The strength is maximising firing squad, so you want plenty of shooty Guardsmen)...

Not entirely sure what you mean by off shooting Tap Power? He is useful with Lucius, if you're taking other stuff Lucius likes (Guardsmen) - he does little for Lucius himself...

He'd really be a sub par totem choice for Hoffman, unless you were bringing lots of Guardsmen for support (The strength is maximising firing squad, so you want plenty of shooty Guardsmen)...

He can remove the Slow that Tap Power gives.

He can remove the Slow that Tap Power gives.

Yeah, I remembered that spell after I went to bed - I forgot it in the first place because I never use it with Lucius - I think he's a little expensive to use just for that - especially when there are 2 decent Totems for Hoffman already - the tool kit has some excellent abilities for Hoffman, who can really benefit from healing flips and the like. The Mechanical attendant is a cheap, significant minion with a decent ranged attack.

I would only bother with the Drill Sergeant if I had lots of Guardsmen for Firing Squad...