Dreamer/Pandora Tactica Documents

karn987

Would you send to your previous "subscribers"? Or should I send another PM?

Thanks!

My current thoughts are Im going to finish up this last round of big edits and send it out to the people who currently have request pending. The previous "subscribers" list is well over 400 addresses long and rather intimidating to look at heh. I really should have done a better job at version control when I started but that was my fault. I didn't expect it to be this popular and didn't plan for it accordingly.

So my plan is to put them up on Svenn's download page and redirect everyone to that. This way you don't have to wait on me to send them out and people can find them so much easier. Ill be making updates out of that and Svenn has been so awesome as to agree to update the uploads as I update things. With luck Ill have the updates done in the next few days and then Ill be sure to post with the final location for the files and how things will work from now on.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you have a pretty solid fanclub here on the boards :D

Guess its well deserved.

Thanks a lot man!

No problem, thank you to everyone for making it possible. I've had lots of help with edits, ideas, and encouragement to get these done.

But still, I'm out of ideas for the next tactica! What should I do? Who should I cover while Leveticus is on hold?

I'd love to see a collette one. Especially as she is someone alot of new players struggle to grasp but someone who can be so incredibly devastating.

Is there a updated version of the neverborn ones since october 8th? There was talk of a lillith tactica also!

There is already a pretty indepth thread on the Arcanist forum for her, but Ill take a look at it and see if it's worth it.

As for Collidi, I can do her with what she has available right now which is still enough to make some rather nasty lists. I'll think about her, my main hesitation is she will need a big update once her force comes out.

As for the updates, yup their are constant updates heh. But mostly just edits. I'm finishing up the latest round of edits and then they will be living on a new home for everyone to get at easier. So keep your eyes peeled for it.

These are good ideas, keep it up. Ill probably pick whatever is most popular that looks like it could benefit from one.

Collodi is Neverborn and therefore naturally a good choice, although.. Not many models currently available for it (neither he nor she I think)..

Other than Hoffman, Lucius, Molly, Kaeris, Hamelin, Von Schill, Ophelia(?) could probably all need a proper in depth tactica I think.

Molly suffer the same problem as Collodi though and to a lesser extent so does Kaeris.

Von Schill and Ophelia are relatively straightforward.

I'd suggest you start on Hoffman, Lucius or Hamelin if you really want to do something that badly. :P

Wanted to say thanks karn for sending me the documents I found them extremly informative on the crews you covered. I also liked how you kept your overviews on what specifically to take very neutral due to my believe that dreamer/dora can be very effectively run a multitude of ways.

Thanks much mate /sound off

Sorry guys, been a really busy time lately with Holidays, work, and side projects. But things are clearing up and I'm back in full force!

[ame]

[/ame]

I'll be sending out all the Tactica's requests asap (over 50 messages ><) and getting to everything as soon as I can. Again sorry for the delay and enjoy!

Edited by karn987

• 5 weeks later...

Still haven't had time to update these since the V2 cards release but I've certainly got a lot of feedback about that. I'm aware of it but thank you very much for the feedback! Keep it coming and keep me honest, I don't want any holes left in these once I'm done.

Hoping to get updates done maybe next week.

Thanks for the Karn, just reading the Pandora tacticia now and have to compliment you on a job well done. One thing though, you say

"When an enemy model fails ANY Wp duel within 12” of her, they suffer 1 Wd. This means if they fail a Wp resist spell, a morale duel, a Wp vs Wp duel, a Harmless duel, etc. they suffer 1 Wd. To put it simply, any duel that an enemy model is using their Wp stat for, will cause them 1 Wd if they fail it within 12” of you."

I'm sure this has been clarified elsewhere to be only Wp->Wp or Wp->X duels? For example, pandy casting a spell on you wouldn't cause a wound as it's not a WP duel - it's a WP resist (as her stat is Ca). I'll find the thread but wanted to mention it

Thanks for the Karn, just reading the Pandora tacticia now and have to compliment you on a job well done. One thing though, you say

"When an enemy model fails ANY Wp duel within 12” of her, they suffer 1 Wd. This means if they fail a Wp resist spell, a morale duel, a Wp vs Wp duel, a Harmless duel, etc. they suffer 1 Wd. To put it simply, any duel that an enemy model is using their Wp stat for, will cause them 1 Wd if they fail it within 12” of you."

I'm sure this has been clarified elsewhere to be only Wp->Wp or Wp->X duels? For example, pandy casting a spell on you wouldn't cause a wound as it's not a WP duel - it's a WP resist (as her stat is Ca). I'll find the thread but wanted to mention it

Im not 100% sure what you mean but Ill give it my best guess. Emotional Trauma happens any time you fail a Wp duel which means any time you are using your Wp in a duel and fail it, you suffer 1 Wd.

A duel that uses a stat, is a duel of that stat type in addition to whatever else it is. A duel can be multiple types at once.

• This means a resist duel with Wp is a Wp duel AND a Resist duel AND a simple duel.
  • An attack duel using Cb is a Cb duel AND an attack duel AND an opposed duel.
  • A Morale duel is a Wp duel AND a Morale duel AND a simple duelat the same time.

So to be clear, whenever a model fails to resist a spell with it's WP stat it takes a wound from emotional trauma? It's not just Wp->Wp duels as I've read elsewhere (wasn't a RM posting)?

Im not sure what else you have been reading, but this is something Sketch has ruled on multiple times. Can you link the post you've read this in if you can find it?

For Emotional Trauma you will take a Wd any time you fail ANY Wp duel which is any duel where you are using your Wp stat.

The principle behind it is a core mechanic of the game in that any duel involving a stat is a duel of that stat type in addition to whatever else it is.

But to directly address your question... yes. You will take the Wd when you fail to resist a Wp resist spell and when you fail ANY Wp duel while in range.

The Wp -> Wp part you are talking about most likely refers to Fading Memory as that requires Pandora to win a Wp duel which almost only involves her Expose Fears which forces a Wp -> Wp duel against her to target her. So if she wins that duel, she can use Fading Memory to push away.

I just read your tactica and it gave me some really deep insight as well as clearing a lot of my questions concerning Pandora and her interactions with different models.

Though there is one thing I still wonder about: The Poltergeists Persistent Distraction. These days I red through the rulebook and my understanding of this ability is exactly the same as I did found in a topic, which I quoted here (have a look on the bold sentence):

My tournament Pandora list (which is to say it is NO fun and almost unfair to play against) is:

Pandora

Poltergeist

Doppelganger

Rest of the points in Silurids

The main thing being to use the totem to activate the Silurids last, have them leap across the field getting insane amounts of attacks, then the doppelganger gives you initiative the next turn and you companion them all again. It is almost impossible to stop because of the ridiculous range on the Silurids (They can charge a model 18 inches away and get a free attack if they hit, then the second turn they get 2 attacks on the model each with a free attack if they hit).

Now your tactica reads the following (once more, have a look on the bold sentence):

@font-face { font-family: "Times New Roman"; }@font-face { font-family: "Arial"; }@font-face { font-family: "Courier New"; }@font-face { font-family: "Wingdings"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }ol { margin-bottom: 0cm; }ul { margin-bottom: 0cm; }(1) Persistent Distraction: This is a very powerful ability and one people generally take this totem for over Primordial Magic. This gives you amazing activation control over a section of the board. But to get the most benefit out of this, you need to do it early in the turn. So you want to plan a turn ahead for use of this ability.

• Remember, this does not state enemy models, so it will affect your models. Be careful not to get anyone you care about in this aura, even though there is a Wp resist having to make the duel is a potential pitfall.
    • If a model is effected by Incite/Pacify and within this aura, they must obey Incite and Pacify in relation to models in the aura. So if you Pacify a model in this aura, they must activate last of all models that player controls inside the aura.
    • This only refers to models controlled by each player. So if I catch all your models in this, you do not have to suffer through all my activations before you can do yours. You can activate models in it once all of your models outside of it have activated.

Now I like to know what is the right understanding of this ability?

I know that it would be very powerful if Persistent Distraction would allow to activate all models after the opponent, but your understanding (each player counts only his own models) – if I did understand it right – seems to be some kind of senseless. If only my models are effected when it comes down to the activation order of my models, why ever should I use this ability? I can already decide which models have to be activated last to get the best out of MY activation order.

Please give me a deeper insight here.

Thanks

ZK

I just read your tactica and it gave me some really deep insight as well as clearing a lot of my questions concerning Pandora and her interactions with different models.

Though there is one thing I still wonder about: The Poltergeists Persistent Distraction. These days I red through the rulebook and my understanding of this ability is exactly the same as I did found in a topic, which I quoted here (have a look on the bold sentence):

Now your tactica reads the following (once more, have a look on the bold sentence):

Now I like to know what is the right understanding of this ability?

I know that it would be very powerful if Persistent Distraction would allow to activate all models after the opponent, but your understanding (each player counts only his own models) – if I did understand it right – seems to be some kind of senseless. If only my models are effected when it comes down to the activation order of my models, why ever should I use this ability? I can already decide which models have to be activated last to get the best out of MY activation order.

Please give me a deeper insight here.

Thanks

ZK

This should solve it for you: http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17810

Freshly ruled by a Marshal today. Just keep your eye on it encase Sketch over-rules it.

But Natty is speaking of an old read of it which made it a horridly broken spell. It used to be a long fight back and forth about how it was supposed to work as I believe we had conflicting Marshal rulings on it. But I took what I put in the Tactica from a ruling/consensus on it. But as of now, its ruled the way I put it in there.

As for specific uses of it now, it is a lot less potent for sure. But you use it to say, catch Nino and Papa Loco in it. So even Perdita starts a Companion chain, they will not be able to activate till all of your models not effected by it have acted. So if he had any non-companionable models, it would disrupt this chain etc. It basically has a few specialized uses.