Tactica: Seamus

Sandwich

Hey Sandwich, tonight is game night so I'm going to try to use some of your ideas!

Can you do a post that says what changes you make and the date so that I can try to keep track of what I need to read over again? I don't want to miss any little pieces of wisdom you add in!

Again, thanks for all of your time you put into this. It's been a great help.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this article.

Wasn't sure about Bett but now i think I will proxy her. I still don't see Sybelle as a wise 6 stone addition and I usually swap in the Convict Gunslinger.

Hopefuly this will be stickyed.

Would like to here a sample of what you think about Molly. I know you said you ownt use her till her mini comes out...

Man, Perdita is tough. :[

Got through though.

VP total was

Seamus - 6

Perdita - 4

Perdita had Slaughter, and took bodyguard on herself(Not announced), and Grudge on Sybelle, which was announced.

Assassinate was announced.

Seamus had Treasure Hunt, Bodyguard on Seamus, and Assassinate on Perdita(Announced.).

She killed Sybelle turn 2. :[

I killed Perdita turn five. >;D

The Neverborn - The Neverborn are the one foe you need to be legitimately worried about. They almost unanimously have high WP, which makes your army far less efficient right off the bat. Their masters are also generally more compatable with other Neverborn units, making them far less predictable. All of their units have black blood, meaning a swarm tactic is far more dangerous to yourself than against other crews. They can be defeated and do not dishearten yourself because of my words, but know that before doing anything, think three steps ahead!

I haven't even finished reading the tactica or this thread (wall of text!!!), so I have no idea if this has been mentioned, but in the description for the Neverborn in the original post you say "All of their units have black blood" which isn't true. It should say "All of THE NEPHILIM have black blood".

• 4 weeks later...

wow!

you must really like undead hookers! lol

i was really looking into buying nicadem but this really makes me want to try seamus after reading this i cant really think of any reason not to! maybe the other three people who do the other masters should let you do it for them lol

i think its funny because i read the other ones before this one because i thought "hm seamus is just stupid and looks boring" so then i read karis and then nicadem and then i read mcmornings and it was really good but he said he got his idea from you and i thought you know how? seamus is dumb and why would anyone play him

but i must say 10/10 this is the best tactic on the forums i dont like how a lot of mercenarys arent done but then again i hate them so maybe seamus is my dream come true! so i wanted to ask if seamus needs them does he? because you make it sound like rotting belles are super best of the best but nothing he has does eny damage so i dont know yet please respond and im glad wyrd has gms like you guys to make tactics for all of there masters okay done writing now lol

p.s. i was going to come on here and critisize seamus but you really won my over lol if i have any questions i hope you will answer me because i know i wont have many because of this but maybe you can help me if you have time?

wow!

i was really looking into buying nicadem but this really makes me want to try seamus after reading this i cant really think of any reason not to! maybe the other three people who do the other masters should let you do it for them lol

i think its funny because i read the other ones before this one because i thought "hm seamus is just stupid and looks boring" so then i read karis and then nicadem and then i read mcmornings and it was really good but he said he got his idea from you and i thought you know how? seamus is dumb and why would anyone play him

but i must say 10/10 this is the best tactic on the forums i dont like how a lot of mercenarys arent done but then again i hate them so maybe seamus is my dream come true! so i wanted to ask if seamus needs them does he? because you make it sound like rotting belles are super best of the best but nothing he has does eny damage so i dont know yet please respond and im glad wyrd has gms like you guys to make tactics for all of there masters okay done writing now lol

p.s. i was going to come on here and critisize seamus but you really won my over lol if i have any questions i hope you will answer me because i know i wont have many because of this but maybe you can help me if you have time?

Neither Seamus, nor McMourning require mercenaries. In fact, nobody does. McMourning is probably the easier master to play but Seamus is by no means, stupid. If you want a master that is extremely lethal, go with McMourning, if you're more inclined to play a master that can do a bit of everything and will change his strategy game to game, go Seamus.

Rotten Belles are really good. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them. If your trying to kill models, Rotten Belles aren't the greatest but then again, wiping out the opponent is not what Seamus does. Seamus is excellent at obtaining superior board position because he and his crew are so manoeuvrable. They can even pull your opponent out of position to that end it really is as Sandwhich states at the start of this thread:

Seamus and his crew are not excessively lethal, but very, very practical.

As I said before, if you are looking for lethality and by that I mean, you want a crew capable of killing just about anything, you want McMourning. If you're looking for a good all rounder (and lets face it, there is no one who quite fits the bill for that as good as the Mad Hatter) take Seamus.

Edited by VonWyll

wow!

From the posts of yours I've read, I can tell already that you will face a great amount of difficulty no matter what master you take, due to your mindset.

I want you to fully understand before you buy a crew that the crew you take is not nearly as important as the attitude you employ.

I, personally, consider myself a relatively good Seamus player, but that is not to say that I haven't ever been absolutely schooled, more than once.

No master has a definitive edge over another, it is solely based on skill. When you play you need to take into account a lot of things outside of the game.

If you're hungry, tired, angry, sad, need to be somewhere, bored, in pain, arrogant, cocky, et cetera, it will affect your performance because your mind won't be entirely on the game, but on the effects of the mood you're in.

Before you play, take time to learn your units, the battlefield, your strategy, your schemes, et cetera.

I've yet to play with Seamus, I've only just picked him up, but I have played against Pandora an awful lot. A few things stick out when I read your tactica that might be helpful to note

Pandora can be a nightmare when she gets going especially as you have to make a Wp->Wp duel to target her.

She will normally team up with a Sorrow so she can move faster and drop damage on it. You can use this to your advantage. Hit it with Distract and let it splash onto Pandora, having one less Spell in a turn will help you a lot. Also lure the sorrow away from her, as she can only have one link at a time it will break the link at the end of the turn, so it will have to re-establish it again or she will have to pull a sorrow from elsewhere.

With Kirai I have had a lot of success teaming Jack Daw and the Hanged. If Pandora can't cheat and you can stop her chaining Incite/Pacify much easier, which will severely curtail her manoeuvrability. If you can get a strike on Pandora with the Hanged she is at :-fate for all Wp tests which makes all the difference. I use Swirl Spirits to get them into position which you can't do with Seamus, but you can do one thing I can't which is shield them with Belles. I find once they are in the middle of things they don't particularly need Kirai to keep them in the fight. especially if you activate Smell Fear.

Edited by Ratty

From the posts of yours I've read, I can tell already that you will face a great amount of difficulty no matter what master you take, due to your mindset.

I want you to fully understand before you buy a crew that the crew you take is not nearly as important as the attitude you employ.

I, personally, consider myself a relatively good Seamus player, but that is not to say that I haven't ever been absolutely schooled, more than once.

No master has a definitive edge over another, it is solely based on skill. When you play you need to take into account a lot of things outside of the game.

If you're hungry, tired, angry, sad, need to be somewhere, bored, in pain, arrogant, cocky, et cetera, it will affect your performance because your mind won't be entirely on the game, but on the effects of the mood you're in.

Before you play, take time to learn your units, the battlefield, your strategy, your schemes, et cetera.

You're like the Sun Tzu of Malifaux...

. . .

. . .

You're like the Sun Tzu of Malifaux...

Add to the end of Sandwich's last paragraph: "If you play Malifaux only knowing your models but not your opponent's models then you will play tournaments only half-expecting victory." :)

lol are you a teacher or something? i want to see you play a game with someone i would pay to see it did you ever go study in china maybe? lol i bought seamus and played a game and won really good it was 6 to 5 victory points it was amazing maybe you should write a strategy book and have malifaux people print it for you id buy it lol

• 2 weeks later...

so ive been playing seamus and i really dont lose because of this guide but i dont understand bete noir a lot she dies really easy and you say she is good but she is not. she has 7 defense but it seems that it doesnt really help because they want her dead so bad and also does she get to be fast from the model that plays her because it say you can place her before you remove the model so we couldnt decide please sandwich answer me good night