My gremlin painting diary

Tiny

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh the piglets are just base coated, was just a teaser of whats to come, as i had the camera out for the gremlins anyway.

Played mcmourning last night lost! 2vps to 4. I was more or less winning the first half of the game then the gremlins imploded as they like to to.

I also got ophelia last night and played a 20ss game vs seamus, amazing how much damage those new gremlins can put out! Although he lured ophelia into combat and finished her off, then everything else crumbled soon after. :(

well i havent doubled up the same sculpt on the same insert anywhere. There are 5 different 30mm base inserts, the mulitples of the same gremlin or piglet havent been used on the same insert.

Putting scratchbuilt bases or alternate inserts now after i have 10+ based the same way will just make it look odd and wont make them look like a coherent crew anymore.

Small update finished off my piglets. They were a bit of a punish to finish thats why it took me so long, the :P sculpts on 2/3 of them aren't the greatest and alot of detail was lost. Here they are:

DSC_0154.jpg

and in their natural habitat! (ie being herded)

DSC_0158-1.jpg

Cheers for looking guys.

Hey guys after a huge bender ive found time to paint. Heres the WIP warpig i'm doing at the moment. I hope to get it all done by tonight. Doing a model on a 50mm base has been a real treat after doing small gremlins.

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

thats it for now hopefully ill be able to post it completed tonight, then on to the mozzies.

thanks for the kind words guys definite inspiration! Loving these inserts more fun to paint than the models to be honest!

Another WiP shot, I've finished the base completely and just now finished base coating the pig, this is how we're looking before washes and highlights.

pig-1.jpg

Thanks for looking

No I didn't see your new piggy photos with the wash and highlights...where are they?

As for the above Warpig, now that is "Some Pig" to quote a certain spider. The washes and highlights definately give it the right look. Only thing to me is the noose looks out of place but that is more my preference then anything else.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, im about half way through the mozzies, i cant figure out how i want to paint them. I dont like the scheme they did for the online store.

@omenbringer, here's the post with the piglets http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showpost.php?p=167587&postcount=33 not the best photo but you get the idea.

I think the hanging post suits it but looking at those photos it doesnt look right, maybe in teh whole army shot it'll look better, only 5 models away from that!

You know how sales make you lose your mind? Yeh....................

box.jpg

(disclaimer the nico stuff is for a friend)

Question to everyone though, which master would you like to see next? Im leaning towards pandora or saggy bags myself. Should be done with the rest of the gremlins and ophelia by next weekend so whatever has the most votes wins!

Hey guys more of less finished the mozzies, not really happy with them but i think thats mostly the sculpt. I painted them to look like bees because i think they look way more like bees or wasps than mozzies. Still not 100% done have to do things like paint the wanted sign on and other random details.

bee.jpg

bee1.jpg

As always comments and criticism welcome and thanks for looking!