Neverborn Kidnap scheme VS Kirrai

tadaka

Wooo for necromancy!! It seems to be the trend this week.

@megnc86: There's really no lack of clarity about how it works. If you want to post up a "Please confirm this rule for me because I won't believe it's right until someone official says so" thread, the rules forum is thatt'a'way ---->

As for schemes in general - yeah, Kidnap can be pretty auto against McMourning or Kirai. On the other hand, Bodyguard is almost equally automatic with Kirai, and the ease she has sacrificing/summonging gives her a solid advantage in Eye for an Eye. The Master- and Faction-specific schemes don't exist in some alternate pool that must be balanced against itself, and nothing's broken because Kidnap works better than Army of the Dead (which I still think many people dramatically underestimate).

And in tournaments, the once-per-scheme limitation puts the damper on the ability to overuse, or the TO can just exclude faction and master schemes.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess you told me! :)

I do not in fact care enough to ask in the rules forum because I only play casually with my friends. Thanks for taking the time to educate a late comer to the thread :) Cheers.

Wooo for necromancy!! It seems to be the trend this week.

@megnc86: There's really no lack of clarity about how it works. If you want to post up a "Please confirm this rule for me because I won't believe it's right until someone official says so" thread, the rules forum is thatt'a'way ---->

As for schemes in general - yeah, Kidnap can be pretty auto against McMourning or Kirai. On the other hand, Bodyguard is almost equally automatic with Kirai, and the ease she has sacrificing/summonging gives her a solid advantage in Eye for an Eye. The Master- and Faction-specific schemes don't exist in some alternate pool that must be balanced against itself, and nothing's broken because Kidnap works better than Army of the Dead (which I still think many people dramatically underestimate).

And in tournaments, the once-per-scheme limitation puts the damper on the ability to overuse, or the TO can just exclude faction and master schemes.