Tactica: Lucius

gunpowder saint

Thanks Talos, yeah i figured as much with the first rules question, that's how we played it out.

Good point, since casting expert would give him that extra walk/strike. I was using it to ferry Lucius up with the drill sarge making him walk into the best position to cover my models. So when Lucius activated he could go on a casting spree.

Just remember that he gets a :-fate to cast the spell targeting himself.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When running two guard captains I found the lawyer kinda superfluous, Censure was good, but I think the lawyer will really start to shine when the hounds release. He can make three of them hard to wound 2 before they run half way down the field to engage whatever. I was wondering about red tape, since it's worded a little funny. Does he get fate ++ when focusing or channeling or is it the the model targetting him?

The red tape ability means the other person gets the ++ when targeting him.

You can do that alpha strike just using the companion master on the guard captains to get all that you mentioned in one activation and then call in another two guardsmen. If either is an Austringer you can deliver orders to someone else, or if its a guild guard they can do there all action to activate the other guild guards.

Maybe I've using Lucius quite differently to you guys,(or my opponents are more focused on removing him) but when I've played him I normally need at least two slow to die healing flips. Sometimes more.

Phil

Does he get fate ++ when focusing or channeling or is it the the model targetting him?

From the context I think it's fairly obvious that it's models targetting the Lawyer who receive the additional :+fate.

You would still receive the :-fate however, so in the end you'll just have the normal :+fate when you Focus or Channel against a Lawyer.

I missed that Zee, but in the game where it happened i was far ahead in winning so i dont feel bad lol. Next time though I will remember, I do have a question when something "whirlwinds" or has a like ability that hits all models within X inches. Does the attacker still get a negative flip?

Also I always get companion muddled up, if something has companion "master", all models with companion master within 6" can activate the same ability. So the end result would be a master and whoever has companion "master" activating same time?

Also I always get companion muddled up, if something has companion "master", all models with companion master within 6" can activate the same ability. So the end result would be a master and whoever has companion "master" activating same time?

In effect people can activate at the same time as someone they have Companion with.

So if your master activates, the 2 guard captains can also activate on companion as well as the totem.

But if the Guard captain activates he can't companion with the drill sergent or the other captain, as he isn't companioned with them (assuming you aren't also activating the master).

Once you have all the models that are companioning, you can chose the order they activate in.

Hope that helps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...