Seller/Buyer Warning

EricJ

• 2 months later...
What about a list for "good trades"?

I'm part of a trade that isn't 100% complete yet, but if it finishes out as trustworthy as its gone so far, I feel it should be worthy of noting.

I would agree that good traders should be rewarded with good refs, I use Bartertown and have list of feedback from traders, I know setting that up will most likey not happen here, so I would simply save the Screen names of everyone you traded with in a list and if some one asks for refs gove them the list of ppl you traded with, then it will be up to that trader to send a PM asking about the trades you made, and the other players will respond with a + or - reveiw, if all the traders on this site repond and keep this system up it will help trades become more safe.

Just a thought.

-Andrew

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
I would agree that good traders should be rewarded with good refs, I use Bartertown and have list of feedback from traders, I know setting that up will most likey not happen here, so I would simply save the Screen names of everyone you traded with in a list and if some one asks for refs gove them the list of ppl you traded with, then it will be up to that trader to send a PM asking about the trades you made, and the other players will respond with a + or - reveiw, if all the traders on this site repond and keep this system up it will help trades become more safe.

Just a thought.

-Andrew

Alternatively, you could use a thread with a macro.

it worked quite well on WAU.

Of course, I would then need a thread to ask people whom I traded with to contact me and put up a +1 lol...

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

User: Hourglass

Reason: http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?28573-H-Malifaux-40k-WFB-W-PP

Similar behaviour on the Warhammer Forum and WarSeer. All involved parties are now being advised to raise disputes through PayPal.

Edit: Just to let you know that he's resurfaced on TWF under the username BlackToothGrin and is selling largely the same stuff in this thread: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=98616. Del banned him straight away but he may try to get away with it here as well.

Edit 2: Just noticed Tooooon's post above - yep, it's the same guy. Here's the gory details courtesy of Eric over on BarterTown: http://www.bartertown.com/trading/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=158855.

Edited by Freylis

• 2 weeks later...

Well, ..... just as a warning,

Made a trade here on the forums, my box set plus blister for another's box set and blister. I guess you should always inquire if the box set is complete, and includes the stat cards.

I was kinda of bummed to have indeed received the miniatures, but no stat cards. no response to PM's (maybe it was an oversight and forgot to include?,,..or not?..IDK).

But.... my stance is, ... when trading, you should state whether or not if the cards are incuded or not, and it is NOT ok to intentially omit info,

If i get no response after several more PM's, ...i'll post the traders name.

Cheers~!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

MBowsher76

I paid $250 at the beginning of July for a cryx army that was never sent. On 22 July, rather reasonably I thought, I accepted the promise of a refund on the basis that he had over-estimated the shipping costs.

The refund has never been received. I did receive a message from him at the beginning of this week saying he was ill but in the time it took him to draft it, the refund could have been issued and other than that he has always required a few messages to ever get back to me.

Can't warn strongly enough against trading with this individual.

Edited by Chucklemonkey

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I had a great experience with the user Deadpool on these boards but he seems to have dropped out of sight. Anyone know what's going on? He's got some of my painted models and I just want to know the status of them. He claims to have shipped them in the last contact I had with him but I've heard nothing since nor any models arrived.

Anyone know what happened? I'm putting this in the Trade forum since technically I've had a bad trade with him but would like to know what's actually the status. Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Wish I weren't posting this immediately after some nice words...

The short version:

Cannon Fodder and I agreed on a trade.

He didn't specify condition other than primed.

He also demanded that I ship before he did.

I received his minis, noted that several pieces were missing (arms, weapons, detail bits) and that there were some ugly pins sticking out of his models, asked him if he had the pieces, tried to confirm he got his package.

He eventually responded that he didn't have them, never commented on the weird pinning or receiving his package.

I repeatedly and increasingly clearly asked him for some sort of compensation.

He never responded.

EDIT: resolved through paypal dispute, got some cash back.

Link to Bartertown bad trader report: http://www.bartertown.com/trading/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=224241

Edited by SpiralngCadavr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Glad to see comments showcasing great/ positive trade interactions but isn't this thread specifically

...to throw up warnings about sellers/buyers who you had very negative experiences with from the web.

I wonder if there is a thread to report positive trade interactions like the last couple posts so this one doesn't have the intent muddied.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just started my first trade on the forum and so far it has gone really well.  I was wondering if it would be possible to start a thread for positive references.  I think a simple solution would be for each member to post a message in that thread and whenever a trade is completed, the other member would "like" that message.  You would only have to post one message and with each trade the other party could like that post.

It's not perfect, but maybe it could work.