You know it was a bad day modeling...

Justin

... is when you don't realize that you use your tounge to shape your bristles until you switch to non-water based paints.

...is when you are finally able to tell what brand of paint you're using by taste as well as scent.

...is when you find the last xacto blade you lost after it embeds itself in your foot.

...is when you find the last xacto blade you lost after it embeds itself in your foot.

I literally cringed when I read that. I found a blade the same way. it is a unique experience that I would be happy not to repeat.

In addition to that, another time I was clearing a super glue spout with a piece of steel wire and missed. A four inch piece of 1mm steel wire punches quite easily through your middle finger as it turns out.

My partner wondered what I was laughing at...till I pulled it out. Had to use pliers to do it. Fun day.

I don't clear glue spouts with wire anymore...

I did that to one of my terminators I was painting for Space Hulk. I got all the way done, grabbed a can of spray finish, started spraying and realized it was black primer. Ugh!

A friend of mine had finished a long haul of painting a full 10 man squad for competition and did a similar thing.

All 10 superbly finished, painted and based figures took a face full of white spray primer.

He didn't take them to the competition after that...

when xacto knife is dropped and you catch it with the blade stuck in the palm of your hand.

I did this and nearly lost my index finger about a month ago. I was working on terrain at 1 in the morning, exhausted and running mostly on caffeine. I wish i could blame anything but my own stupidity.

• 7 months later...

Your using a new tube of superglue, give it a little squeeze and nothing comes out. You realise you have to pierce the foil covering the the nozzel and spray high pressured super glue in you eye. Then you deal with A&E and cleaning eye baths and a bright red eye for two weeks.

True Story: Years ago when I worked for GW, I was assembling miniatures for a store project. I tiny tiny bead of super glue got onto my pinky finger and I didn't realize it. Knowing that I had been working with super glue, when my ear itched from deep inside, I stratched it with the smallest appendage I could, the same pinky finger. when I tried to pull it out luckily all that tore out was some ear hair but man my boss was flabbergasted at how he was to explain to his boss what happened to Mo the Redshirt whilst he was putting minis together on company time.

7 stitches scar from my thumb fighting a Xacto blade, it obviously lost.

You own a pair of jeans that are more paint than denim.

Ugh, worst for me was i had JUST finished my Hordes Blindwater congregation army, 3 units of gator men, 2 of fishmen, 2 turtles and 2 giant gators, not to mention the miriad of solos for the army.

I decided to make swamp bases for them, So i whipped out my clear resin for water, mix it up, slap it on every models base, wait 24 hours....

and it hadnt dried, was goopy and sticky.... 24 more hours, exact same consistansy.

... had to eventually strip EVERY model to get the goo off.

The army hasnt been played and has been silver ever since.