Phoenix Special Malifaux Event!

thaehl

Malifaux October 30 Event!

On Saturday October 30 at 11:00PM I will be hosting a series of Malifaux events .

- There will be food! Yes indeed Ill be bringing some sort of sweet, thinking Faction colored Cup Cakes, Ill do what I can to get more to the event itself but it would be great if players wanted to bring a little somthing as well, because you really cant go wrong with a Potluck.

- Discussion! With the new book and all Its about time we set aside some time as a community of players to look at what is now available to us, and what thoughts we have on the new book. Ophelia, Hamelin, Dreamer, Hoffman, Kirai, and many more what do you have on your mind.

- A tournament starting at 12AM (Yes it is a midnight tournament)(and yes on Halloween) Im hoping to make this the largest tournament us in the Arizona Malifaux area have had the chance to play in, I have seen a good number of players It just has been all about schedule problems thats why im posting this so early, and remember big player number is also better prize support and more importantly more fun!

Thats Right Im callin all of you!

Flagstaff show us what you got!

Phoenix bring your best!

Glendale we got game lets show em!

Peoria Give is a Pummeling!

Surprise, well Surprise us! (couldent help myself)

Everyone here in the Valley of the sun Represent your City and your Crew! Thats right im goin all out for this one and im praying all of you will. My hope overall is that we will have a huge turnout and a ton of fun, Twenty or so people and the tourney is optional im hoping for fifteen players or so.

PLACE : Imperial Outpost Games in Phoenix AZ

TIME : Saturday October 30 at 11PM and This is my Hallows Eve event and as such the tournament will technically October 31 (being midnight and all)

PRICE : Cup cakes and all are free, but the Tournament has an entree fee of Five Dollars.

Tournament Info: There will be a progressive Point cost on the event the first game will be 25SS and the second will rest at 30SS and the third match will be at 35SS. Good point Smiggs for those whom wish to know It will be a narrative Swiss format tournament, I have a story written up and plan to put it to good use! It is set faction (Neverborn, Outcasts, Guild, Ect.) so bring your best! Hour and fifteen minute round one and one hour and a half for second and third rounds, Victory based with VP as tie breaker.

I only ask that anyone willing to come will state so in this thread and tall me what you are wanting to be involved in, also if you plan to bring any food tell me what ya want to bring, and ill keep track of all this jazz. Thanks for reading and I cant wait to see you there.

-Thaehl (Terek)

Edited by thaehl
amount of SS for games I messed up thanks for pointing that out.

more details?

single elimination

swiss style

round robin

something else?

win/loss based, or victory point based?

schemes?

fixed scenarios or random scenarios?

timed rounds?

single master or build your list once you get there?

fixed factions?

Right-o- smiggs Fixed the tournament info section so if youll look that up I got all the info for ya thanks a ton for pointing that out and sorry to those who had questions earlier.

I've already started planning on how I can get Halloween off (Saturday at 11 is already clear). Looking forward to the Book 2 discussion (I promise to have it all the way read by then...and by "read" I don't mean "Oh look at all the new shinies!")

Yea I have had a hard time looking past "all the new shinies" though I can say Ive read most of it.

I'll see what I can do to show up, I've pretty much only played Malifaux against one guy time and time again at Imperial so it would be interesting and fun to actually play other people.

Was this just going to be for fun or are there prizes involved? Not really swaying my want to show up, just curious.

Also

Faction colored Cup Cakes

This is a good idea and you should feel good for having it

Thanks for the compliment! I really hope you do show up its great to have some people come by to play, please its good to expand and let the community grow!

And for your question, There will be a tournament as well as casual play for those whom A: cannot afford the tournament or B: just learning and dont feel they are up for competitive play. we plan to provide some thing for everyone.

Thanks for the compliment! I really hope you do show up its great to have some people come by to play, please its good to expand and let the community grow!

And for your question, There will be a tournament as well as casual play for those whom A: cannot afford the tournament or B: just learning and dont feel they are up for competitive play. we plan to provide some thing for everyone.

Sounds great to me, and at a good price point. Mostly asking because I know someone else I could probably drag with me if there's prizes up for grabs.

I'd really like to show up to Outpost for more Malifaux but I dont know if anyone runs like a weekly thing or anything like that. Dying to try out my LCB crew as often as I can, so this seems like almost a definite to me barring something horrible and unexpected.

Good to hear, there will be prizes, I run a tournament there monthly and we are always lookin for more players! so thanks alot for the support, If there is an odd number of players ill probably be playin my LCB crew myself, not for prizes or anything just agianst the odd man out. should be alot of fun.

This looks like a great event, but it is only by chance that I found out about it on here. I was hoping that you could perhaps take a moment to sign up for the new local Arizona wargaming forums here:

http://wargameraz.com/forums

Adeptus Arizona shut almost all the forums down, so we are moving over to this new location. I would love it if we could get local events like this posted on the forums (There is a Tournaments and Events section) so that everyone in the area knows about them.

Thanks!

Rob

This looks like a great event, but it is only by chance that I found out about it on here. I was hoping that you could perhaps take a moment to sign up for the new local Arizona wargaming forums here:

http://wargameraz.com/forums

Adeptus Arizona shut almost all the forums down, so we are moving over to this new location. I would love it if we could get local events like this posted on the forums (There is a Tournaments and Events section) so that everyone in the area knows about them.

Thanks!

Rob

I got it up there for you Rob lets hope we can get this thing done up right! also thanks for the invite to the forums over there. can we be expecting you at the event.