GenCon updates!

theHman

Hey guys, theHman and Extinction Angel reporting in from Indianapolis, Indiana - Home of GenCon.

We braved the trails laid down by our forefathers to arrive at this most hallowed of gaming meccas.

Tomorrow we will risk our bodies and souls to stake our claim on a cornacopia of wyrd swag.

Subscribe to this thread and be prepared for us to wreck Wyrd's bandwidth with updates and photos galore!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news/bad news everyone...

Bad news first:

1. Both of our camera batteries have died. I've misplaced the charger for my camera and EA's camera is malfunctioning -- ARGH!!!!

I literally pulled my camera out of my bag and turned it on to take pics and the low batt sign started flashing. hopefully I will be able to take a few quick pics before it dies completely but won't be able to post them until i get back.

So as you can imagine, it's looking grim. =(

2. The awesome terrain that was going to be released is now pushed back due to a manufacturing defect. =(

But you probably knew that already.

Oh, and the terrain is awesome and looks incredible. EA is gonna try and get some pics using his Neverborn majicks...

3. Lord chompy is almost sold out. Get yours online now.

Oh, and for any doubters out there - the mini is just amazing in person. The pics online do not do him justice. I doubt you'd be disappointed if you got one.

4. Only 3 days of Gencon are left! =(

Now on to the good news:

1. Book 2 is freakin' fantastic. Eric and Nathan weren't lying when they said it would add an all new element of strategy and play to Malifaux.

Everyone gets all kinds of insanely awesome goodies. So take heart regardless of your faction because you'll be getting some pretty rad stuff.

2. If you're planning on getting Colette, you should consider getting 2 packs of Coryphee's as they act similar to Spider swarms (combining/splitting).

3. Rules FYI - they've gotten rid of the WP test if you want to shoot into combat now. All that is required is a simple flip to see who the target is.

4. The encounters section is totally revamped and really cool. there's more strategies and even more master specific schemes.

On first glance, it appears that Wyrd and team have created a really neat story based narrative to our games -- yes, even more so than before.

So those of you who wanted more story based games will not be disappointed.

For example, one of the new schemes is called "Frame for murder" where you goal is to get one of your minions killed by your opponent's master.

4a. There's also new special terrain features that will mess with you. As well as new special events to contend with.

Your games of Malifaux are about to really get interesting.

5. The art in the new book is even better than before.

In fact, there's for a lack of a better term "preview art" for each new minion which is really cool.

6. I got to meet Nathan, Eric, Kelthos & Bugking, all of whom were really cool guys to talk to. In fact, kelthos and I had a half hour long discussion about certain rules in the game, the new minis, etc...

Overall, today was a busy day for both of us and we haven't had a chance to get any in-depth reading of book 2 in - which we're about to correct here shortly.

So expect more book 2 updates shorlty once we've actually had more than 2 minutes of drooling time while walking the halls here.

theHman & EA out.

I'm a december cult kinda guy, so I don't need any fine details, but would like to know if Rasputina got any good new icy stuff to play with in the book. Easy yes or no will suffice for my curiosity as I know you'll be inundated over the weekend with questions. Good reporting so far...

3. Lord chompy is almost sold out. Get yours online now.

Oh, and for any doubters out there - the mini is just amazing in person. The pics online do not do him justice. I doubt you'd be disappointed if you got one.

1. Book 2 is freakin' fantastic. Eric and Nathan weren't lying when they said it would add an all new element of strategy and play to Malifaux.

Everyone gets all kinds of insanely awesome goodies. So take heart regardless of your faction because you'll be getting some pretty rad stuff.

4. The encounters section is totally revamped and really cool. there's more strategies and even more master specific schemes.

On first glance, it appears that Wyrd and team have created a really neat story based narrative to our games -- yes, even more so than before.

For example, one of the new schemes is called "Frame for murder" where you goal is to get one of your minions killed by your opponent's master.

Your games of Malifaux are about to really get interesting.

5. The art in the new book is even better than before.

In fact, there's for a lack of a better term "preview art" for each new minion which is really cool.

Overall, today was a busy day for both of us and we haven't had a chance to get any in-depth reading of book 2 in - which we're about to correct here shortly.

theHman & EA out.

Just when I was ok with not being able to go to Gen Con. I read this... LOL

Dam I have to get some cash together quick to order the new book and Mini...

This is what I get for playing Neverborn...

Thanks for the updates.