Metro Detroit Malifaux League 8.29 start

jmp_mydog

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week I'll be at RIW on Tuesday.

Next week I'll be at both stores for the final week of the league.

Don't forget if you're trying to get the painting Vps, you need to have either a starter box or 30 stones worth of models for the faction you're playing painted by next week.

I'll be checking them at Pandy, on Monday of next week and RIW on Tuesday of next week.

Wish you were never born:

This week gain +1 Encounter VP for every model a member of your crew kills with the Nephilim, Woe or Nightmare Characteristic.

This week gain +1 Encounter VP for every model a member of your crew with the Nephilim, Woe or Nightmare Characteristic that survives the encounter.

Game One

Mad Ninja Skills.

There’s only one way to put an end to your rival, capture and torture them.

Strategy: This is a shared strategy.

Gain +4 Encounter VP if you kill your opponent’s master with a melee attack.

Gain +2 Encounter VP if you kill your opponent’s master is killed by something other than a melee attack by a member of your crew.

Gain -1 Encounter VP if your opponent’s master survives the encounter

Game Two

Bloodbath.

Your rivals still didin’t get the message. Perhaps killing them will get your point across

Strategy: Shared Slaughter, per Malifaux: Rising Powers

Game Three

Run & Hide

Your numbers are low, survive to regroup.

Strategy: Shared Escape and Survive per Malifaux: Rising Powers

?

Really? Seems like you just want me to bring a much more hardcore list. High horse nothing. I'm reading, "If you want to win you might as well win HUGE!"

;)

True, but that hardcore list has some glaring weaknesses, small model count, vulnerable to blasts and auras. I think I smart player should be able to sit down and think of a way to eliminate key pieces.

Not to mention, I'd love it if you and Brian could squeeze in a slugfest. And it should help out other Neverborn player get a bit more aggressive with his list.

Also, its the last week of the league so it makes sense that things build up to a massive slaughter at the end. I think anything else would be anticlimactic.

Edited by jmp_mydog

Sorry to invade the thread, but out of curiosity are any of you Mi people located in or near the Downriver area?

I'm relatively new to Malifaux and was looking for people nearish to the Trenton/Riverview/Wyandotte region for the occasional gentlemanly throw down (and schedule-wise, i'm usually good for short notice games).

I'm just looking for something a bit closer to home than Pandemonium or RIW. I guess feel free to drop me a PM if anyone's interested.

Sorry to invade the thread, but out of curiosity are any of you Mi people located in or near the Downriver area?

I'm relatively new to Malifaux and was looking for people nearish to the Trenton/Riverview/Wyandotte region for the occasional gentlemanly throw down (and schedule-wise, i'm usually good for short notice games).

I'm just looking for something a bit closer to home than Pandemonium or RIW. I guess feel free to drop me a PM if anyone's interested.

The group in the league is pretty varied on where they live, we have a group from the sterling heights area, and a large chunk of our players base is from the westside.