Metro Detroit Malifaux League 8.29 start

jmp_mydog

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. I was really, really hoping to. The one night I could have was after the party and by 11:30pm, I assumed you were locked to your room with your girl and I was a bit too frazzled to focus anyway.

Besides, much of my crews were used for the pay-demos and I'd have had to scrounge. I could have used Sonnia or Viktorias or some of my unpainted crews, I guess.

Tuesday, Josh has me on a dance card, but I have a ton of goodies to distribute and show off so everyone can gather around me!

I think we were eating about 11:30. We were in the mini hall or finding food friday and saturday nights. I think we got in about 1-1:30 each night.

I grabbed one game with Mark (dozerdozen). Threw my Perdita box down for the 1st time and totally smoked his Nicodem list (the terrain was pretty harsh for him, lots of firing lanes between buildings).

It started off with Nino going trigger happy bananas on his convict gunslinger (can you just keep triggering trigger happy each shot? I had two solid masks in my hand + I flopped a few more on successive shots). Dropped him with 1 action (plus gobs of trigger happiness), shot up a dead hooker with the 2nd.

The only damage I took was when Papa Loco dropped the "Take ya wit me!" to drop 2 punk zombies and threaten Nicodem.

After that Santiago, Franciso and Perdita wiped Nicodem from the board.

The Ortegas are pretty sick.

Also, I need some pointers on how Companion: Family works. Perdita doesn't have it, so she has to be last in the chain?

It started off with Nino going trigger happy bananas on his convict gunslinger (can you just keep triggering trigger happy each shot? I had two solid masks in my hand + I flopped a few more on successive shots).

Also, I need some pointers on how Companion: Family works. Perdita doesn't have it, so she has to be last in the chain?

1. Yeah, because it initiates a new Strike (target the same model with a ranged strike). Other abilities, even melee, are worded the same way, like on the Viktorias where they become the whirling blender of death.

2. You got it, actually. Since she does not have the family attribute you just tack her on last or it stops (as she cannot grant it further). It's not just a goofy omission - here's the balance: because she is last and you have to be within a specific distance to chain the Ortega's, if you try to alpha strike a broad line and forget her, the shout from a brother or cousin could come from too far away - she has to be more or less in the middle of her Ortega fam. With the family companioning, you simply say "this one and this one and this one and Perdita. They all kill you dead. Your turn."

OOOH Pins!!

I am calling Shafted right now sir!

Or a different one if that isn't the last place badge....

How about a badge for most obscure Movie reference that other people still get.

:blowup:

Shafted is either for lowest VP total, or for giving up the most VPs, I'm still undecided on that one.

Celebrity is for submitting the most/best write-ups.

• 2 weeks later...
Chuck just called me and said he couldn't find this thread.

So.....

.....good job, Josh! Way to make it totally stealthy! Keep out the riff-raff and all that....

Rolling Neverborn tomorrow unless it's clear something else is too under-represented.

LOL

I ignored his call.

He's semi-smart, I knew he'd find it eventually.

Well, maybe not.

:stupido3:

Loving it so far, had a lot of fun tonight with the unique strategies (even if I didn't get mine off). Kinda sad there's no other Rezzies, but oh well, should be interesting to see how the rest of the league goes. Definitely looking forward to next weeks strats to see what fun you have cooked up for us.

Loving it so far, had a lot of fun tonight with the unique strategies (even if I didn't get mine off). Kinda sad there's no other Rezzies, but oh well, should be interesting to see how the rest of the league goes. Definitely looking forward to next weeks strats to see what fun you have cooked up for us.

Don't forget your schemes!

Thanks to everyone that came out, it an effort to give everyone enough time to schedule their games, Week One Results are not due until September 12 (also when week 2 are due).

For those of you one the fence about joining up we have about 20 players signed up to play.

Remember this is a choose your opponent league, so you don't have to play your games on league nights.

It's a holiday weekend and union rules say I can't work the holiday, so the pretty sheets will be posted later this week, remember you get 2 schemes per game.

On to this week's story driven line-up:

Things have gotten so bad at the mines that Union leaders are demanding a holiday to honor their hard work and give them a day of rest. Guild leaders are furious with the work stoppage and have put a bounty on the union members responsible.

Strike Breaker:

This week anyone who kills a MS&U member or model with M&SU Assets in melee scores an additional Encounter VP, for each model killed.

Union Pride:

Arcanist players score one additional Encounter VP for each MS&U member or model with M&SU Assets that survives the encounter.

Guild Week 2 Strategies.

Game 1

Things are quickly spiraling out of control. Its time to bring in the bad guys: Contain Power per M:RP page 58.

Game 2

The rioting crowds are making a run on the governor's mansion, you have to stop them at any cost: A line in the sand per M:RP page 58

Game 3

The delivery must get to the train for shipment earthside. The strike has limited the delivery to just a single wagon: Supply wagon per M:RP page 60

Arcanist Week 2 Strategies.

Game 1

The secret texts and other relics are ready to be delivered to the train station: Supply wagon per M:RP page 60. Location is the SEWERS page 51 M:RP

Game 2

Fist full of dollars, its time to play your enemies against each other: Deliver a Message per M:RP page 58

Game 3

Blackmail is the best strategy: Plant Evidence per M:RP page 59. Required Scheme: Frame for Murder page 67

Neverborn Week 2 Strategies.

Game 1

Thing aren't going well in the badlands, it's time to count your loses and move to greener pastures: Escape and Survive per M:RP page 59

Game 2

Now that you've found a place to regroup, you need to make sure it's secure: A line in the Sand per M:RP page 58

Game 3

You need an ally time to schedule a meeting: Deliver a message per pg 58 M:RP

Resurectionist Week 2 Strategies

Game 1

After taking a beating you've holed up in the quaratine zone and are rebuilding your forces: A line in the Sand per M:RP page 58

Game 2

Somebody has caught wind of your plans: Destroy the Evidence M:RP page 59

Game 3

Enough waiting its time to take back whats yours: Turf War per M:RP page 61

Outcasts

Game 1

The life of a mercenary sucks, time to find some work: Deliver a message per pg 58 M:RP

Game 2

Well it looks like your client needs someone blackmailed: Plant Evidence per M:RP page 59. Required Scheme: Frame for Murder page 67

Game 3:

Sloppy, there can be no shit-stains, time to clean up the mess you made: Destroy the Evidence per M:RP page 59.

Edited by jmp_mydog

Jason called me out for a game so I can show him why Lilith is actually fun.

Since he doesn't show up until ~7:30 I can get a game in against any other regular if we get rolling right at 6:00. Glenn....you've been sitting out a bunch. I'll take you down...er...I mean, I'll take you on if you want. Or if you just want to win you can play Josh. Whatever.

I just need to get playing him by 8:00 'cause I'm back to school this week and will need to leave as close to 10:00 as possible because the alarm kicks my butt. So dinner and gaming quick if anyone wants me.

Holy Anti-Arcanist Hate Batman!:bitchslap

Next week: Ressurectionists and the tournament organizer receive 10vp just cause. :crazy:

LOL J/k.

BTW, there are no M&SU Resources, silly playtester. Did you mean M&SU Assets?

Isn't that what it says? :P

This is in honor of labor day, don't worry everybody else will get some type of bounty.