Bette Noir placement timing question

Levi's spell kills the model. Bette looks for a model that is killed.

As such, both the replacement occurs and Bette is placed.

The order of placement is active player them inactive player. So if the Levi player was active he/she would summon a Steampunk Abomination or Hollow Waif. Then you would place Bette Noir. Then the killed (or sacrificed) model would be removed.

Depends which spell too... entropic sacs the target model (unless it's been errattad, and you better believe that's a paddlin', necrotic triggers a summon if it kills.

Just note Bête Noire is drawn to BOTH killed and sacrificed models.

Not only can she appear after the Entropic Transformation, but she can actually pop out next to a Hollow Waif you sacrifice for the purpose of Eternally Shackled for example (not advisable in general, but I suppose there may be exceptional cases).

I take it you are talking about in a 3 player game as she is unique?

I would suggest it would be a card off as she replaces the deceased model.

Or when two Ressurectionist players, each with Bête Noire, face each other.

The acting player places his Bête first, then the other player puts his one down and the killed/sacrificed model is removed then.

She doesn't "replace" model anymore (see PDF errata page 9). She's "placed" in base contact with it before it gets removed, so there's nothing preventing both from appearing IMHO.

Not only can she appear after the Entropic Transformation' date= but she can actually pop out next to a Hollow Waif you sacrifice for the purpose of Eternally Shackled for example (not advisable in general, but I suppose there may be exceptional cases).

As a hollow waif is summoned back to Levi at the end of the closing phase, sacrificing one at the first turn (when IDEALLY your opponent is too far away to do anything devious to Levi) and bringing out Bete wouldn't be too bad a move.

As a hollow waif is summoned back to Levi at the end of the closing phase, sacrificing one at the first turn (when IDEALLY your opponent is too far away to do anything devious to Levi) and bringing out Bete wouldn't be too bad a move.

Do I understand you right that you suggest it would be a good way for Levi player to lure out Bête and deal with her while the opponent is still far away, or do you suggest it as a way to assault Levi while the Ressurectionist player is still too far to threaten him?

Because if it is the former, then the Drawn to Death wording makes it voluntary and it is the player who decides which kill/sacrifice summons Bête. You cannot lure her out reliably.

The reason why I believe the later may be bad idea is that Bête is very fragile (hard to kill, but easy to get rid from the table until her next placement) and it is generally best to place her when you're assured the next activation is going to be yours.