Colette Du Bois

Teal

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just looking at her stats and I can not figure out how disapearing act works. How can you place a model in base to base with a model if the model being placed next to is removed from play? Can someone explain this spell for me? Also, can someone explain how you get the triple tome trigger to go off? Do you have to get lucky with flipping a tome and then spend a soul stone to add a flip to it (on top of the soul stone that you spend to use the spell)?

Thanks everyone

I was just looking at her stats and I can not figure out how disapearing act works. How can you place a model in base to base with a model if the model being placed next to is removed from play? Can someone explain this spell for me? Also, can someone explain how you get the triple tome trigger to go off? Do you have to get lucky with flipping a tome and then spend a soul stone to add a flip to it (on top of the soul stone that you spend to use the spell)?

Thanks everyone

It goes like this.

KAPOW! In a cloud of smoke, Nino Ortega disappears. (Colette casts Disappearing Act and Nino fails his resist).

Annoyed, Perdita shoots Colette to death. (Perdita shoots Colette to death).

Before you remove Colette from play, you place Nino in base contact with her. You then remove Colette.

As for the triple tomes, that gets into some card theory. Needless to say, it requires spending a soulstone to trigger. Colette's Soulstone Augury will make getting that third tome much more likely.

Thanks for the colorful explanation, but what is the point in that? Is it just to bury the model so that it does not activate? Not quite worth a soulstone.

Removing a character from play for a turn is a huge advantage, especially with the six turn set up Malifaux uses.

Add to the fact that Colette basically prints soulstones, and you have a fantastic power that should be going off each turn. Hell, you can make it go off five times a turn, which should hand you the game fairly easily.

Funny.. I consider it one of the best spells in the game, when you count the two triggers at least.

Stealing an enemys activation aswell as moving them quite a distance is indeed a very (!) powerful ability.

There's more to it than that however, gambling a bit allows you to even sacrifice an enemy model instantly AND you summon a minion yourself. Crazy~!

If you don't wanna gamble and waste soulstones, just cheat in high masks, the spell is still a really good one and there's no loss to it then.

Thanks for the colorful explanation, but what is the point in that? Is it just to bury the model so that it does not activate? Not quite worth a soulstone.

Just like Jonas said Colette is the last Master that needs to worry about using soulstones:

The first one she uses each turn is free thanks to Artificial Soulstone. Use a high mask to kill an enemy with Discharge Soulstone near Colette and you will receive two free soulstones.

Plus in concern with the Mannequin Replacement consider this scenario. of Colette vs Peacekeeper/Mature Nephilim/Killjoy/etc.

Channel disappearing act, this gives you a plus two flip, then use a real soulstone to give you another flip, plus two flip again thanks to Soulstone Augury. You've flipped four cards so far and can still cheat fate should you need to. Even if this is a bust for a mannequin you should most likely still get another soulstone from the other trigger.

Good points and thanks for the feedback. However, if I remember corectly the buried model is placed within 6" of collette at the begining of the next round. That is quite a risk. ( I have to reread the spoiliers to make sure I am correct on that part; I don't want to waste everyone's time).

No, that's the best part. Then you put the returning model in base contact with Cassandra.

Just wondering, for those that have played with Colette. I am still waiting on my book but I've started putting my crew together in my head and am running into an issue.

How good is Cassandra? The games I typically play are 30-35ss, because of this I can have Cassandra, 2coryphees, and one performer/mannequin. Is that enough? One guy I play against runs Perdita and tends to focus fire... a lot.

Cassandra and Coryphee are the main hitting power of your Showgirls list. She's flexible in that she's tougher to kill than one of the Coryphees (stick a Mannequin to her and use that defensive buff!), and she does provide amazing blasts with breathe fire.

Against Perdita, you'd be best trying to get that bonus to your defense flips to force them to blow cards to beat you. The Coryphees should duet up to give them more HP against enemy fire, and be teleported into battle if possible.

It goes like this.

KAPOW! In a cloud of smoke, Nino Ortega disappears. (Colette casts Disappearing Act and Nino fails his resist).

Annoyed, Perdita shoots Colette to death. (Perdita shoots Colette to death).

Before you remove Colette from play, you place Nino in base contact with her. You then remove Colette.

This is of course, if she doesn't make use of her Slow to Die action and take the place of one of her Mannequins. :P

And yeah, Cassandra and the Coryphees are beastly when being teleported around the map and such. However, winning initiative seems to be big with those pieces. They have few enough wounds that an opponent using some Companion tactics can easily take one of them out on the first activation of the round (thinking companioned Ortegas or Viks for instance).

I know it doesn't make any real since and it was pure luck, but I just am not afraid of the Vics ever since I devoured both of them in one turn using my hoarcats... good times :nutkick:

Ortegas though are a completely different story... they scare me :AR15firin:afraid::rocketwho

Edited by Celenial

Okay, so I got in a bit of play with the group... and holy crap, are they deadly.

Colette vs Lilith ended really badly for Lilith.

I linked a Mannequin to Cassandra and a Coryphee, and generated two Soulstones with Collette (using Reactivate and Manipulate Soulstone) turn 1. The team advanced, one Corphyee to each side of the field. Cassandra rushed forward towing her mannequin, since the enemy didn't have shooting, and since she's immune to melee for two turns.

Turn two opened with a Mannequin generating the no-weak damage aura, and then Cassandra using her southern charm to go and gank a few terror tot Nephs and get into melee with Lilith. She hits Lilith (using a Soulstone to do so), doing some damage. The trigger went off, and she got a breathe fire off that tags Lilith for 3, who cancelled it with a soulstone to heal. The corphyees and rest of the gang advance, and Colette generates a soulstone and makes a mechanical dove, which flew up into position. Charm protects Cassandra against every single one of Lilith's attacks (even if Lilith drew a 13, I was ready to soulstone to dodge it).

Next turn, Cassandra hits Lilith again and burns another terror tot. A corphyee gets charged by Teddy and Baby Kade, but makes it out due to the plus flips and cheats. A Showgirl runs up to support Cassandra. The Mature charges the Showgirl, but fails to kill her. A Corphyee moves up and does some decent damage to the Mature. The Mechanical Dove goes and hits Lilith with a Magician's duel (eat that, CA5->3 Lilith). Teddy kills one Corphyee. Lilith misses Cassandra repeatedly due to Southern Charm.

Last turn, I have cassandra nail Lilith AGAIN once, then used most of the misc. stuff. Collette gains reactivate, beams to swap places with the 1 HP Showgirl in melee with the mature, nails the Mature once with a Magician's duel. Next, she reactivates, generates a swan, hits the mature again and beams to swap places with the other Corphyee. The swan hits the Mature, immediately killing it. The Corphyee and Cassandra then gang up and beat the snot out of Lilith.

She's absolutely deadly, and that kind of mobility (and defense power) of her crew incredible.