Colette Du Bois

Teal

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can any of the beta peeps give some vague allusions as to whether Colette will work well with any Book 1 stuff, or will it be better to keep her working with book 2 minions?

Without getting specific, I would say Colette would work with other Arcanist minions, but also has some unique synergy with her own themed minions.

Is that vague enough for you? :D

Without getting specific, I would say Colette would work with other Arcanist minions, but also has some unique synergy with her own themed minions.

Is that vague enough for you? :D

Hahaha. So what you're saying is... she is like basically everything else that's been released? "There are many things you could do, but she has some unique abilities with certain models."

Beautifully vague in that I would expect that, but also quite tantalizing. I give you credit, sir.

Hahaha. So what you're saying is... she is like basically everything else that's been released? "There are many things you could do, but she has some unique abilities with certain models."

Beautifully vague in that I would expect that, but also quite tantalizing. I give you credit, sir.

*bows*

:D

A practical question - from the actual line up, does it make more sense to go for Steampunk Arachnid swarms for her, or is she more into wild animals?

I can't help the image of all those mannequins charging, murdering the audience with the little spiders swarming at their feet and Colette's manic laughter ringing in the hall as she kicks Lady J's head, one of the spiders has been "recycling".

In other words Arachnids seem to fit my theme... do they fit the rules though? :D

A practical question - from the actual line up, does it make more sense to go for Steampunk Arachnid swarms for her, or is she more into wild animals?

I can't help the image of all those mannequins charging, murdering the audience with the little spiders swarming at their feet and Colette's manic laughter ringing in the hall as she kicks Lady J's head, one of the spiders has been "recycling".

In other words Arachnids seem to fit my theme... do they fit the rules though? :D

Although I have no inside info if I had to take a guess I would assume she is more like Tina in that she really does not care about the Creature Type, she probably will just go with her little cliche, and then what ever floats your boat.

Well, Colette isn't Ramos, so the synergy with the spiders (per Ramos) isn't there... however they are Arcanist models, so she can certainly use them. That said, after seeing the models, why would you ever want anything other than her themed crew? :D

Well, Colette isn't Ramos, so the synergy with the spiders (per Ramos) isn't there... however they are Arcanist models, so she can certainly use them. That said, after seeing the models, why would you ever want anything other than her themed crew? :D

Oh I do want her themed crew... That's the reason behind the question.

The starter box and the extra blister is what I want to order for sure. There's not much besides it in the first wave of releases and I have no other Arcanist models though.

So there's the issue of ordering models that would allow me to construct one solid crew, reasonably in-theme, for the time being.

I've already resolved to scratch-build her totem. If other crews are any indicator, her box is probably around 20~25 points and the Coryphée make it 30ish... One more blister and I'm sitting at 35 safely, but what to take?

A cerberus may fit the performance and frankly, who doesn't want to see the re-enactment of the clandestine performances from "La maison de rendez-vous"... :inlove:

But at the same time a swarm of mechanical toys may be more fitting for an illusionist master specializing in animating Manequins etc. :hypnotize

In other words, the former goes with the Burlesque theme, the later is a more of a trickster-illusionist play.

Which one fits her better? I'm leaning to the later, but I wonder about the former.

And I perfectly understand it can be more or less informed speculation at best, at this time. ;)

Hmmm.. interesting question...

According to the tidbits of fluff I've heard (which is next to nothing) I would take a guess and say that the spiders are more themed to Colette, since her primer talks about her being involved with the M&SU. However, I'm seriously thinking about getting a Cerberus now and painting it like a tiger for a more burlesque style crew... ;)

Shouldn't have to wait more then 7 days.

Some of us live so far away though, we'll either have to order blind, or steal a donut from a child and sacrifice it at the hour of first post from the Gencon, in hope of entering a clairvoyant trance guiding our pointers to the right clicks. :evil:

And if that didn't convince you, think about Dumbledore! Would've he died if he had seen the spoilers?! No!

Spoilers save lives!

I play Ramos exclusively and I gotta be honest, I really wasn't all that excited or interested in Colette and girls at all when Nathan released the GC teaser pics.

Why get showgirls when I can get undead hookers?

And when I was comparing Colette to the other releases, especially Kirai, I had even less enthusiasm for her. However now that her card has been "released" I have to admit that my mind has completely changed.

Now I'm really excited to expand my Ramos crew with some sexy showgirls with big swords and other trickery!

Does anyone know anything about the Coryphee? I have a friend going to gen con but he doesn't know the game. I won't have the rules in time to know if I NEED them or even how many of them I can use.

Unless something has changed they are Rare 2. And I don't think I ever ran Colette without one... not saying you couldn't, but you know.

At least two, as they come in a pack of two. Wyrd hasn't released a pack of models where you can't feasibly use all of them in your crew at once, so I'd stick to a single pack if you wanted to be safe.

Also, couldn't you just have your friend give you a call when he's at the Malifaux booth, and then walk him through the process of figuring out if the Coryphee are rare units?

EDIT: Oop, beaten to the punch

Yeah, I was wondering if they were like Ronin where you REALLY want them in your appropriate Master crew or if they were just nice but not nesc.

And while I COULD try to have him call me from the floor of Gen Con he'd have to get a rule book (I'm ordering mine from the website to get the Miss Pack) from somewhere, have him read it to me then if it's not rare 2 figure out if I need more than just 1 blister, etc. It's def worth the shot that someone could tell me if it's rare and useful.

Edited by deadboy

Yeah, I was wondering if they were like Ronin where you REALLY want them in your appropriate Master crew or if they were just nice but not nesc.

I wouldn't quite compare them to Ronin in level of need. It depends on how you want to play her. I was specifically testing certain aspects of her crew when I played her. If you are fielding her, there are definitely certain strategies where you'll want at least 1.