Lord Chompy Bits.

Natty

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I win a prize for starting the longest thread on the forums?

Is there a longer one?

Not that I see.

Prize please!

Let's be honest though, the awesome awesomeness that is the awesome Lord Chompy Bits deserves this long of a thread about him. Can't wait.

Hate doing double posts but I have a question.

On the Dreamer's Shadowy Form ability it says an action can not be performed on the Dreamer if a nightmare is in 3" of him. Does this include spells and attacks? I believe it is the case, but there is a Action section on the cards that does not include spells.

If so he can not be killed till all nightmares are killed, and even then Here Comes Lord Chompy Bits!

Hate doing double posts but I have a question.

On the Dreamer's Shadowy Form ability it says an action can not be performed on the Dreamer if a nightmare is in 3" of him. Does this include spells and attacks? I believe it is the case, but there is a Action section on the cards that does not include spells.

If so he can not be killed till all nightmares are killed, and even then Here Comes Lord Chompy Bits!

That's the idea. If he gets hit by anything that does damage though, he's pretty much dead, so Shadowy form is a necessity.

And LCB may be an absolute monster in combat, but have you seen his defensive stats? Wp5, Df4, Wd10 and none of the damage-reducing abilities that other low-Df monsters have (ie. regenerate, hard to wound, armour or hard to kill). The guy is a glass cannon.

Basically yup! The Dreamer is a Scalpel type master. He requires the same fineese that Pandora does but to a lesser degree. At the same time, he can turn into LCB and eat faces. But he is 100% a master who relies on his crew. He just manipulates the battlefield to best suite his crew. Hiding models that are in danger and poping ones up in the best place for you. He's really tricky, but a huge blast to play =D

And LCB may be an absolute monster in combat, but have you seen his defensive stats? Wp5, Df4, Wd10 and none of the damage-reducing abilities that other low-Df monsters have (ie. regenerate, hard to wound, armour or hard to kill). The guy is a glass cannon.

If I remember correctly he does heal when stuff gets wounded around him. He isn't a total glass cannon (just really close). I imagine you have to play him more like McMourning where you want him in melee and can heal up with attacks, but on the outskirts of the action where you can make sure you aren't able to be focus fired down.

Unless they are ranged fighters... Then get him right up there with 3" reach and damage on disengage. I can only imagine that this guy is a nightmare (literally and figuratively) for the Ortegas.

Oh man. I was rereading the Lord Chompy Bits' card and thinking about how sick having a terrify of 14 was. Then I realized this little extra nugget:

Models that fail the terrify have to fall back. Falling back models can be hit by disengaging strikes to stop them from falling back. Chompys disengaging strikes deal damage. Chompy has sick triggers that go off of damage or can summon the Dreamer back in.

Losing the terrify test against Lord Chompy is a whole new level of pain!

Doesn't GenCon start today? Does anyone have their official copy of Rising Powers yet and can tell us what a "daydream" does?!?!

Seriously, that Lord Chompy Bits teaser card really makes you wonder what the hard to summon 2 soulstone costing daydream is.

Doesn't GenCon start today? Does anyone have their official copy of Rising Powers yet and can tell us what a "daydream" does?!?!

Seriously, that Lord Chompy Bits teaser card really makes you wonder what the hard to summon 2 soulstone costing daydream is.

Like most totems, it basically just pulls off some of the things the Dreamer already does to free up some of his actions.

The Daydream is exactly what you'd expect a totem for Dreamer to be. It has the obligatory magical extension, plus a few abilities/spells that help it's Master/s.

Well, kinda neat that if your totem dies you can resummon it. There have been a couple times with Pandora I would have been willing to pay 2 soulstones to get my Poltergeist back.

Although, being able to summon it with a spell that requires exactly the same masks as the trigger to bring in all your nightmares seems to be the real nice part.

So on the multiple Teddys, how many are most opting for? I have one and will probably get another, but I don't expect to ever use more than two. In fact when the other stuff comes out I might not even use Teddy at all, but for now I might have to go the multiple Teddy route.