Stampede Question

thaehl

Ive heard that Stampede allows one to use eat your fill, Now the errata Im looking at says otherwise, so am I missing some thing? Or can someone direct me in the way where this rule can be located. I even checked the extended errata, Ive seen it a few times on the forums. What way is it please elaborate.

Ive heard that Stampede allows one to use eat your fill, Now the errata Im looking at says otherwise, so am I missing some thing? Or can someone direct me in the way where this rule can be located. I even checked the extended errata, Ive seen it a few times on the forums. What way is it please elaborate.

It's gone back and forth.

Straight out of the rulebook, you may not eat your fill off of stampede because stampede says, "this model may only pigcharge during its activations."

It was then errata-ed to say, "this model must use all of its AP to pigcharge." Which DID allow eat your fill, since it is a zero and by definition does not use AP.

THEN it was errata-ed again in the extra errata items thread to add that "this model may not take 0 actions" so now pigs can not eat your fill while stampeding.

So the official answer has gone back and forth, as such answers you get on here will go back and forth depending on how old the post is. But for right now you may not eat your fill while stampeding.

The funny thing is, I think the original wording (right out of the rulebook) was probably the simplest and most clear. At least the part that referred to what it may do during its activation, other additions like ignoring terrifying and only attacking the targeted model were absolutely necessary.

Edited by Justin

also may the pig become reckless to get a third pig charge off in a stampede?

As long as you use the extra AP for Pigcharge you're fine. Using it to anything else would be illegal as you can only Pigcharge during Stampede.

I agree with Lalo, the first wording was the most clear. The only Action they can take is Pigcharge, no Walking, Striking, Casting, Eating or Passing, just Pigcharge. I kinda wonder why they changed it.

-Ropetus

The ability to ignore the model you're currently base-to-base with helps too when trying to set up a sooey-charge with a mosquito. If the pig(let) can base-up with the skeeter then when it pigcharges it can elect to ignore the mosquito in favor of the enemy's models.

So then, once the model is near (or maybe even base to base) with the enemy model, can it elect NOT to ignore that model and continue pigcharging it until it dies? I vote yes on that one. any supporters?