Hans, Obey me!

Blank

I came up with this list last night and I've ran in through my head a couple times to see if I could spot any kinks in it. So, as always, when I come up with a new crew idea, I go to the one place to get input on it, here:

25ss

Perdita

Student of Conflict - 4ss

Hans - 9ss

Hamelin - 10ss

or

30ss

Perdita

Student of Conflict

Judge

Hans

Hamelin

Now the reason I came up with this crew was that so far, Hamelin, is my favorite model. I like his sculpt and the way he plays is fun. I wanted to abuse his obey since the errata claims it can't kill anyone anymore. I decided obeying Hans might work since he has such a long range and some decent damage. Student of Conflict will give Hans Fast meaning he can take a 3rd shot provided he doesn't move. Perdita is more or less the only Master I found appealing with Obey (Z doesn't really fit.) Ideally, Hans takes 4-5 shots per turn.

All this does is abuse Hans' sniper shot, and with the Judge and Perdita thrown in for extra gunfire, this seemed like a decent crew. Expensive as heck, but decent.

And yes, I know there are only 3 significant characters in the 25 but I would hopefully use them on Slaughter or Assassinate. This is why I thought about the Judge in the 30.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

A one trick pony is a one trick pony. If Hans dies, you are pretty much done for if you have only Perdita and Hamelin left.

Looks like a great crew for Slaughter/Assassinate. Treasure Hunt should be manageable with Perdita's speed. However, will probably lose Claim Jump and Reconnoiter every time since you don't have enough models.

Will not fare well against some fast melee crews (Lilith will be an absolute horror to face) if they can get to you fast and dispatch a key unit. Zoraida can also turn this all against you (Obeying Hamelin to cast Irresistible Dance on Hans) and is crazy hard to kill. However, against a slower moving melee crew this crew should fare well.

-Ropetus

Few things:

1) If you're using Perdita, this is a Guild crew - this should therefore be posted in the Guild boards.

2) Too many Mercenaries to be a legal crew anyway.

3) So your trick is to Obey Hans for a few extra shots. Why not just ditch Hans and use Nino? With Trigger Happy and In My Sights, you can do much more damage if you use the SOC's Fast on Nino. Also, Nino is cheaper, both by default and because he is in-faction.

4) If you ditch Hamelin and the SOC, you can just use the Enslaved Nephilim for a second Obey. If you have a big SS pool, you can play a lowish card and burn a SS to up it (hopefully) to the required score with both the Neph and Perdita. Even with max SS pool, this crew still works out cheaper than yours, and probably doesn't lose too much efficiency in comparison.

5) If you drop the SOC and Hamelin, you can run Perdita, the Neph, Hans and Nino, which would also give you decent sniper-range fire, cost less, and still have the potential for Trigger Happy-ing.

Basically, what I'm saying is that in a crew with Perdita + Totem, you don't really need the extra Obeys from Hamelin to abuse a sniper model. Not least because both Nino and Hans have rules that encourage them to stand still and fire, and because your opponent would be a complete fool to deploy most/all his crew in range of one obvious sniper model, so that if you kill your target, you will be unlikely to reach another model to kill afterwards without moving again. And that goes double if you have such a small crew that your opponent can hide from you easily anyway. Even with two snipers, this is a risky list-build.

Edited by Major_Gilbear

1) If you're using Perdita, this is a Guild crew - this should therefore be posted in the Guild boards.

Yeah I figured since it had more to do with the mercs it was better suited here, but I see your point.

2) Too many Mercenaries to be a legal crew anyway.

Crap. Meh, minor details.... ;)

Basically, what I'm saying is that in a crew with Perdita + Totem, you don't really need the extra Obeys from Hamelin to abuse a sniper model. Not least because both Nino and Hans have rules that encourage them to stand still and fire, and because your opponent would be a complete fool to deploy most/all his crew in range of one obvious sniper model, so that if you kill your target, you will be unlikely to reach another model to kill afterwards without moving again. And that goes double if you have such a small crew that your opponent can hide from you easily anyway. Even with two snipers, this is a risky list-build.

I see what you mean. Well I guess that means back to the drawing board. It's interesting because I've read the Hans thread, and it seems that he is just broken. Maybe it's just the Outcast. It seems like if you find a good model there, you can find a better one in a different faction. Hm...

Personally, I like the Hans and Nino team idea.

I know a lot of people grumble about Hans not being worth his points, but part of that cost is that almost any crew can hire him.

If you go with those two with Perdita, you might want to look for a fairly quick melee character or something cheap that you could get two of. Reason being, you'll likely have 2 of your models (Hans and Nino) hanging back to take as many shots as possible, which fairly sharply limits how many models you have to go after objectives in scenarios other than assassinate ans slaughter.