Ran Pandora for the first time last night...

Melnibonean

So, last night I ran my Pandora crew for the first time.

Well... I was stunned at how powerful the combo of Pandora/Doppleganger and Sorrows are. They took out the Ortegas almost single handed with a bit of help from Baby Kade (he got some good licks in against Santiago - Backstab)

Pandora wasn't slow at all. She was into the action on turn two. I cast Dementia on the Sorrows who's only task was to Link, use Emotional Stress/Trauma and take hits. Self-Loathing (using soulsstones) and Mental Anguish did most of the rest.

I must admit - I drew a couple of decent cards with every hand but I'm still stunned.

Edited by Melnibonean

So, last night I ran my Pandora crew for the first time.

Well... I was stunned at how powerful the combo of Pandora/Doppleganger and Sorrows are. They took out the Ortegas almost single handed with a bit of help from Baby Kade (he got some good licks in against Santiago - Backstab)

Pandora wasn't slow at all. She was into the action on turn two. I cast Dementia on the Sorrows who's only task was to Link, use Emotional Stress/Trauma and take hits. Self-Loathing (using soulsstones) and Mental Anguish did most of the rest.

I must admit - I drew a couple of decent cards with every hand but I'm still stunned.

Yup, Pandora is a very powerful master. Congrats on your good game vs the Ortega's, they are usually a huge pain in the ass for her.

She isn't slow at all is she? =D To many people keep saying that and I just wonder what they are not seeing. Her Pacify/Incite chains still carry her around the field like a rocket.

Why did you cast Dementia on the sorrows? You gain nothing from that and actually stand to lose your sorrows that way.

Melancholy is also another great use for Sorrows. Have Pandora bring them up field and then have them layer on the negative flips. Or have them go up first and do it so that when she ends her activation, they come back to her. But either way, you now have Negative flips on the enemy and that means no more cheating =D

She isn't slow at all is she? =D To many people keep saying that and I just wonder what they are not seeing. Her Pacify/Incite chains still carry her around the field like a rocket.

I'm one of the people who thinks she's too slow. I can't generally get her involved in the fight until around round 3 because I end up having to use the first two turns double-moving her when she has no targets for a pacify/incite chain. What is it I'm not seeing that speeds her up in the first couple of rounds?

I can generally get her casting on things turn one, if my opponent moves aggressively. The trick to moving her in the early parts of the game isn't using her WP duels to move her, and instead use the rest of your crew's. I generally use Candy's wail as an easy way to snag some movement (Candy walks once and then wails) and then my Poltergeists Persistent Distraction (once or twice, depending on how far forwards my enemy has moved at that point). That's generally either 8 or 12 inches of movement, usually more than enough to get her casting at the end of turn one.

I'm one of the people who thinks she's too slow. I can't generally get her involved in the fight until around round 3 because I end up having to use the first two turns double-moving her when she has no targets for a pacify/incite chain. What is it I'm not seeing that speeds her up in the first couple of rounds?

You miss this trick. It's kinda lame tactic but works RAW.

On the other hand I can hardly imagine the picture when incite/pacify "carry her around the field like a rocket" vs Wp6, Stuborn Ortegas who has LoS to the Governorn's proxy, backed by a Wk6 Fast caster who can shoot Pandy at will even behind cover and walls. So the OP's game was either unnaturally lucky or the opponent didn't use the full potential of the Guild forces.

I played against Pandora with the Sorrows / Doppleganger combo last nite for the first time. I was using a Marcus / Silurid list and had Assassinate. I figured I'd be safe moving up to the middle of the board to get ready to get her. By turn two all three silurids and my waldgeist were gone, my moleman was about to die, Marcus and my Cerberus were at half wounds.

Let me just say that I didn't think she was slow after all that.

I can generally get her casting on things turn one, if my opponent moves aggressively. The trick to moving her in the early parts of the game isn't using her WP duels to move her, and instead use the rest of your crew's. I generally use Candy's wail as an easy way to snag some movement (Candy walks once and then wails) and then my Poltergeists Persistent Distraction (once or twice, depending on how far forwards my enemy has moved at that point). That's generally either 8 or 12 inches of movement, usually more than enough to get her casting at the end of turn one.

You miss this trick. It's kinda lame tactic but works RAW.

Thanks for the tips. I tend to play Zoraida and Lilith more than Pandora, so I'm not as up-to-date with how she works. Appreciate the suggestions.