What Figs would you like to see?

gerzel

Wrong mythology though. :D

Since Pandora released woes and sorrows and hope from the box, what we clearly lack is the Hope.

This may very well be intended, as there's no hope for humanity in Malifaux. ;)

Or seeing how scary the woes and sorrows are, maybe even the designers and sculptors themselves feel dread at what the Hope of the Neverborn might be!

Edited by Q'iq'el

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still like the idea of the seven dealy sins as models, Lust as something with lure, gloutony can eat other models, envoy, obay?, wrath could have damaging spell (possibly with explotions), Pride somthing involing the other sins, sloth could slow things and i can't remeber what the last one is

GREED!!

And yes I like the theme aswell, however as Q'iq'el said it's not really related to Pandora as such.

Since Pandora released woes and sorrows and hope from the box, what we clearly lack is the Hope.

Or seeing how scary the woes and sorrows are, maybe even the designers and sculptors themselves feel dread at what the Hope of the Neverborn might be!

I know it's the wrong mythology, pandora is in Greek, and possibly Roman and the dealy sins are in the bible i think, i was just agreeing that like the idea of inculdeding them

I would like Hope to be a contrast to most of neverborn model and even more different to the other woes and be more anglic than demonic

Edited by Sliver Chocobo

Rasputin, The "Mad Monk"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigori_Rasputin

give this guy Hard to Kill and /or Slow to Die, some sort of healing ability/spell for himself and others, and maybe some sort of control other model spell from his use of Hypnosis. Based on his description I can see him with a bottle of booze and a few Rotten Belles. Make him a Ressurrectionist or an Outcast.

I like the idea of color coded alternative woes. I agree it's the wrong source material but for using the deadly sins sorrow>wallowing in self pity>sloth (the doldrums ability supports this). Perhaps just a triad of negative emotions sorrow(blue) anger (red) fear (white or black).

I think the best way to introduce fairies would be as nephalim conversions.

Terror tots-give them insect or butterfly wings and get creative with the paint job and you've got a pixie or give them halberds and hats and you have a redcap.

young nephalim- take off wings, add instrument (optional) paint appropriatly and it's a satyr.

mature nephalim- a bit harder my first thought was really heavy conversion. He's pretty much a big freakin' demon.

Then I remembered that many classic images of satan are taken from the horned god meaning we can reverse engineer from a daemonic model. So shave off the goat horns and replace them with stag horns or tree bits, paint in browns and greys shave down the cloth on the torso and add some flock moss.

Voila Malifae©!

Oh, as for African figures I think the best way to go would be expanding Order of Chim adding a non unique human (who will count as a beast for buffing purposes) and maybe another master. It already has a black master and it's fluff fits with many African traditions. Also this just got me thinking about how most railworkers were black, chinease or irish so I think I'm going to make my Jonah black with white tatoos like the big guy in the first pirates movie "You will speak when spoken to!".

Indians would be a great way to introduce non unique mounted figures. That and a good stealth model would make a very solid sub-faction it would be very strong in reconoiter and treasure hunt and at avoiding slaughter and assassinate.

Oh, I have one new model idea of my own big guy with a hammer that's head is a big chunk of soulstone. Whenever he gets a kill he adds one to his crews ss cache. I'd probably give him use soulstone too.

Edited by Hand_of_Vecna

Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm a man of wealth and taste. :vb_devil:

Seriously though, I would like to see some Ten Thunders action.

I'd like to see some cheap Guild models. I don't know how many times I've thought to myself, while crew-building, 'if I only had a two or three ss model'. Militia maybe, or wanna-be-helpful citizens, or how about guard / attack dogs.

I see one problem it would be a bad decision tactically, further exposing one of it's biggest weaknesses. All but one of it's figures (the most expensive) generate corpse and blood counters and guild has no use for corpse counters.

Lady J and Executioner have last rites which helps if they activate in the right area before a token gets picked up and it may still not be the best use of their AP.

A cheap militia or dog would also have low WP making it easy fodder for Pandora.

Rasputin, The "Mad Monk"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigori_Rasputin

give this guy Hard to Kill and /or Slow to Die, some sort of healing ability/spell for himself and others, and maybe some sort of control other model spell from his use of Hypnosis. Based on his description I can see him with a bottle of booze and a few Rotten Belles. Make him a Ressurrectionist or an Outcast.

Rasputin -> Rasputina

I belive he did lose his manhood so to speak :D

Wasn't hope left in the bottom of the box?

I really like the Malifaux line. That said there is something I would like to see and that would be more male leaders. Particularly for Guild. Don't get me wrong these leaders Guild has are very hot models. What I'd like to see one day is a strong male leader similar to Kreoss.

Give me Native Americans. I thought they'd be cool as natives who were brought into Malifaux and then were warped by Soulstone, their medicine men claiming powerful magic from dark resources. They'd make good Outcasts, or maybe even a faction of their own.

I would like to see a Japanese themed resser girl with hedge clippers...........................huh....oh my God..........there is one.......you guys must be mind readers. LOL. But seriously the new stuff is good enough for me.

WYRD POWERS ACTIVATE!!!!!!!!!!!! (Nerd!!!!!!!!!)

Awwwh man taking to myself again.:lame:

After hearing all the of the stuff about how the deadly sins do not go with Pandora, I find that I agree also. For me it was more about starting with the green versus blue color.

That being said now, I still look at the Neverborn forms as realization of human fears. Seeing that, having a religious bend like the seven deadly sins would be interesting. The other name for the seven deadly sins are the Cardinal Sins, which leads to the perfect name for the master. Then it is just one model per sin.

Master - Cardinal Sin

Wrath, Greed, Sloth, Pride, Lust, Envy, Greed

There are so many posibilities for powers realted to those sins, it is hard to think up a good list. It would be an interesting crew no matter what.

Wasn't hope left in the bottom of the box?

Suppose there may be different versions of the myth. I remember Hope being last to get out. Then it should also be a jar (a sexual symbol for ancient Greeks), not a box, so nothing really is as it seems. :D

And let me borrow this stage to wear my "smug mask"™ and say: Ha! In Malifaux we get no childish circuses or silly fairies! A Burlesque show of madame Colette is where it's at! :inlove:

Edited by Q'iq'el

• 3 weeks later...

Some dogs. Alive ones. Maybe the same dogs as undead ones but alive (there must be some alive dogs in Malifaux if there are undead dogs). Maybe German shepherd for guild or something like that, with beast characteristic so Marcus can steal it and use it. :) Maybe some nasty looking dogs for gremlins, like bloodhound or whatever rednecks do keep? Google "redneck dog" for some ideas. :)

Also, maybe some wolfs, gipsy girl with a bear, rats?

Harlequin themed assassin would be nice and would blend in nicely.

Some "Ankh-Morpork City Watch" themed models for Guild. Or some models that look like Cadwallon militia for Confrontation. Anyway some funny themed militia models for Guild, because now the Guild look too serious.

But dogs are a must. :)

I would like to see an Outcast master with a soulstone cache based around the Concept of a Gilgamesh. A great idea would be to make him a construct master who uses scrap counter to put bases of different blades (obviously different abilities per blade) in base contact that can only activate by companion and at the end of their activation return to base contact with Gilgamesh.

As far as a crew I would have to think further about that.

Some dogs. Alive ones. Maybe the same dogs as undead ones but alive (there must be some alive dogs in Malifaux if there are undead dogs)...Maybe some nasty looking dogs for gremlins, like bloodhound or whatever rednecks do keep?
What do you think of this "House rules" Gremlin Hound Dog

Hound Dog

Soulstone Cost 3

Vermin, Insignificant 30mm Base

Wk/ Cg 6/9 Ht 1 Wp 5 Ca 4 Df 5 Wd 3

Weapons

Teeth and Claws Rg 1 Melee Cb 4 Masks Dg 1/ 3/ 4

Abilities

-Hunting Dogs: Enemy models receive -2 Df while in melee range of 2 or more of your crews Hunting Dogs.

-Pack Mentality: Ignore the insignificant trait while a friendly Hunting Dog is within 3".

-Man's Best Friend: When this model receives Companion, another friendly Hound Dog within 6" may receive Companion as well.

-Protective (Gremlin): This model gains +2 to Cg, Cb, and Dg and does not suffer a Wound from using Reckless when a friendly Gremlin is in melee range of an enemy model.

-Natural Enemy (Pig): This model must Charge the nearest Pig within LOS. If within LOS of a Stampeding Pig, this model becomes the target of all Swine Dash actions even if they are not the closest non-pig model.

-Hunter

-Scout

Actions

-(+1) Reckless: This model may suffer 1 wound to receive Fast.

-(1) Blood Hound: Charge the closest living model that has suffered 1 or more wounds.

Triggers

-Cb (Masks, Masks) Flay: When damaging defender with a melee Strike, defender suffers +2 Dg.

-Df (Masks) Squeel!: After this model suffers damage from an enemy melee attack, Push it 4” directly away from the attacker.

Spells

- (0) Bay (CC 12 Crows /Rst: Df /Rg: 6) Friendly models consider the target model to be within LOS when declaring Charge actions. Target model does not benefit from Cover until the end closing phase.

- (1) Menace (CC 10 /Rst:Wp /Rg: 6) Move this model up to 4" toward target model. Target may not take move actions until the end closing phase.

Also have a Gremlin Hunter that he palls around with if anyone is interested?