Zoraida; Put 'em away!

greenstuff_gav

so, inspired by another comment somewhere (someone didn't want to use Zoraida due to her saggy knockers), and the fact i don't like 'em hanging out, i decided to sculpt an apron out there.

so, me being me, here's a quick how to :)

i'll leave off the sculpting tips, but will remind you that do each step individually; otherwise you risk squishing your hard work!

so, start by cleaning all your mould lines / do any pinning you need.

i pin all my minis to the bases so was able to pop her onto an empty paint pot to make working easier :)

zoraida01.jpg

From here, add a small sausage of greenstuff; this will form the base of the apron.

zoraida02.jpg

smooth this sausage out and cut off any excess; luckily her cloak has plenty of room to tuck the GS into.

zoraida03.jpg

Next you need to add some details. press into the GS with your tool sideways; this will add folds.

pressing into it with a sharp point helps create holes too.

zoraida04.jpg

next add a triangle of GS to each boob. these will form the straps to the apron

zoraida05.jpg

using your tool, flatten these out. try to cut the outside edge to keep it sharp.

zoraida06.jpgzoraida07.jpg

finally, add another sausage of GS inbetween the two straps. its difficult, but but carefully add a curve on the underside and blend the edges into the straps.

zoraida08.jpg

and you're done!

much better'n my first idea!

zoraida09.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sorry Baron M... your sculpting is awesomesauce, the sole reason for grabbing Malifaux in the first place, but the thought of having to paint 'em upset me :lol:

So, are you going to give an apron to the Executioner too? And pants for the Terror Tots?!

Sexist! :club:

Each to his/her own between consenting adults :o

Nah, it's not about tastes or preferences. :D

It's that there's light fantastic and there is realism. To say you like the like fantastic and then to publicly disparage the real thing is at the very least not delicate towards the owners of the actual real thing.

I bet quite a few gamers wouldn't feel exactly right if there was a thread showing how to slim down the executioner, because his beer muscle looks disgusting. :D

;)

Nah, it's not about tastes or preferences. :D

back to the point.. yes, it rather is... my tastes don't swing like that (or as low as 'em :D ) so i covered 'em up. and thought i'd put some effort in and show how i did it.

obviously no-one else has thought it a good idea :P

I bet quite a few gamers wouldn't feel exactly right if there was a thread showing how to slim down the executioner, because his beer muscle looks disgusting. :D

and should you manage to put an Executioner thru a diet, please show us how :bigthumb:

LOL gav ... I like your 2nd attempt much better than your first!

Zoraida makes me think of all the old witches/hags in fantasy movies etc that live out in the swamps and are just old and nasty.

So the mini to me is awesome - plus, she's got some pretty evil tabletop abilities too.

However, unlike you, when I get my Zoraida, I plan on painting her up as is - my hope is that my opponent will be so disturbed by her toplessness, that they will make many mistakes for me to exploit. =)

I like the addition of the apron... plus, you did a good job on it.

I'm a relatively conservative father. My daughter's 12.

I don't see a need for topless women in my gaming, and -as she's a potential gamer, herself- I don't see a need to expose her to unnecessary nudity.

Re: Executioner

Topless men are not sexualized in the way that topless women are. It's an apples to oranges comparison. That said, I wouldn't be bothered if someone resculpted his bulk because they were bothered/offended by it, nor would I be bothered if the GSed a shirt on the guy.

Eric

I like the addition of the apron... plus, you did a good job on it.

I'm a relatively conservative father. My daughter's 12.

I don't see a need for topless women in my gaming, and -as she's a potential gamer, herself- I don't see a need to expose her to unnecessary nudity.

Re: Executioner

Topless men are not sexualized in the way that topless women are. It's an apples to oranges comparison. That said, I wouldn't be bothered if someone resculpted his bulk because they were bothered/offended by it, nor would I be bothered if the GSed a shirt on the guy.

Eric

I'm sorry, but this thread starts going places. I'm quite a conservative person myself, thank you very much, and I think what you suggest is wrong on so many levels I can't leave it with no comment.

First of all, topless women are not sexualized, especially not in the Zoraida's respectful age. That a bunch of unruly young men in some countries cannot stop drooling over perfectly decent nudity is the testament of the lamentable state of modern standards of raising men in these places. No respectable gentleman would as much as notice it as improper or explicit, because as much as judging another persons partial nudity as improper would be to show bad manners.

Secondly, it is exactly by teaching children that any nudity is improper, that we create prejudice and lack of social abilities needed to appreciate the beauty of human body in different form. No wonder people cannot tell art from junk apart, if they think everything is improper.

Thirdly, Zoraida is very clearly wearing a shaman apron - a dress not only very proper and respectable both among native Americans as well as shamanistic tribes in Central and Eastern Asia, but also a ritual attire with religious connotations. Again, to suggest to children there's as much as a slightest lack of property to her partial nudity is to teach them prejudice towards other cultures and religions. For us adults games may be just games, for children to play is to learn inter-human relations and it is very improper for a responsible adult to show such notions in this context.

Finally, If you think your son or daughter may be shocked by people from different cultural and religious backgrounds displaying nudity in this way, may I suggest taking a peak at a relevant Wikipedia article, taking some notes and actually explaining it to your child? Generally children deal much better with such material than most adults do, and they can only benefit from broader horizons and some additional education. At least we have all the materials needed at the tip of our fingers these days, so there is really no excuse for laziness.

Now, if you add to this entire argument the OP notion that there's something aesthetically unpleasant about old people, then we're nose deep in a big barrel of prejudice no one would want to get their children in contact with.

It was that notion OP displayed, that there's something unpleasant in Zoraida's breasts that I originally found objectionable. The comparison with the Executioner was meant to show, how one can be touchy when confronted with intolerance towards obesity (quite common among us gamers) and yet find it perfectly OK to show similar lack of respect towards the effect of old age (in itself far more natural state hopefully none of us is going to avoid). It didn't even occur to me to bring sexuality into this problem at all, but I guess to each his own.

Wow that went a bit off topic...

I appreciate the tutorial, if not just for the work with the greenstuff.

As an afterthought, should we really be having a philosophical debate on nudity in culture here though?

There's always time, place and in fact a duty to defend a woman's honour! Especially if the offended herself is a Neverborn witch (in which case it is HIGHLY UNWISE not to do so!).

Edited by Q'iq'el

even if that involves going way off topic? you can justify derailing an attempt to contribute toward the community when there is a perfectly good General Discussion forum?

as far as i see it, the point of converting is to alter miniatures to suit your personal tastes; while nudity is a natural thing and different cultures have different levels of what is acceptable, it's my mini and i prefer the apron so you can stick your personal attacks on my opinions whereever your people traditionally stick things :P

even if that involves going way off topic? you can justify derailing an attempt to contribute toward the community when there is a perfectly good General Discussion forum?

as far as i see it, the point of converting is to alter miniatures to suit your personal tastes; while nudity is a natural thing and different cultures have different levels of what is acceptable, it's my mini and i prefer the apron so you can stick your personal attacks on my opinions whereever your people traditionally stick things :P

In case you missed the point, the attack is not on the conversion (which is great), but on how you chose to verbalize your internal life on the forums. :P

As well as against some misguiged arguments brought in your defence... :D (seriously, when was Malifaux appropriate for 12 y/o children to begin with? And why would the conservative parents be more disturbed by Granma Zoraida, clearly a deeply religious personality, than serial-killer Perdita, corrupted Lady Justice, inquisition-would-truly-appreciate-her Sonia Criid or other young women who chose to flash their undergarments to every Soulstone miner on the other side of the Breach?!?) :D

Gav, I don't care for the conversion, I REALLY appreciate your tutorials on putty work. Your work on youtube was quite impressive and informative as well, thank you! Any chance of some more how to's? I hope the combative tone of most of this thread hasn't turned you off to sharing.

Memories, I have a friend that won't pick up the Red Chapel Gang for the same reason. He'd love to be able to play them, he just doesn't feel the material is appropriate to be around his children. I chuckle a bit about it while respecting the rights of he and his bride to make parenting decisions for his own children.

Memories: By the way... One of the guys that has started playing locally has his (13 year old?) son playing as well. He said once his kid picked up the book it was over, he just fell in love with the setting and the rules (as sooo many people do!). For his first in store game he played someone over three times his own age who had been playing for a few months... and worked him... HARD.

I say game on!