Firey bases

Right now my Neverborn are on bases I sculpted (am still sculpting).

I have considered the MAS wasteland bases before, but decided against them because of no larger sizes. I do like that lava base though, it fits pretty well with the chaos bases.

Those witchlings turned out pretty good.

Thanks for all the replies, I've got some good inspiration now.

Edited by Extinction Angel

I have considered the MAS Chaos bases before, but decided against them because of no larger sizes. I do like that lava base though, it fits pretty well with the chaos bases.

Assuming you were talking about the Wasteland bases from MAS because the Chaos Wastes are available in all the base sizes from 30mm to 50mm on there website.

if you are just looking for the cracked earth effect, it isn't difficult at all (it is what I use on all my Protectorate of Menoth bases).

Brushthralls used to have a great Faction in 10 days article with lots of pictures showing exactly how to do it. Found the article but no pictures here the instructions are still pretty good.

I really like the flames mostly. The cracked earth aspect is almost secondary. Those wasteland bases do convey a sense of desolation that I'm after, but I think the flames add an element of destruction that Lilith wants to be known for.

I've been using green stuff and putty as gap filler for a very long time, but I've just recently started to attempt sculpting. I'll give that cracked earth strategy a try and see if the flame accessories fit well with it. That would be nice.

Thanks for the link.

Flames aren't that much more difficult. I sculpted a custom Wall of Fire for Feora seen Here quite easily.

All I did was mix the green stuff, let it sit a bit, then jab and twist into shape over and over unitl you get the look your going for.

Aside from that adding the flames from the Wyrd accessory pack to the MAS wasteland base (or the brushthralls custom cracked Earth ones) might give a similar look.