Seamus in mini Escalation League

osoi

Well in just over a weeks time I am taking part in a min 3 week escalation league 3 games, same master throughout build on crew from week prior. There is an even spread of factions and no one has chosen duplicate masters.

Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on tweaks or things to do differently.

Week 1 15ss

Seamus

2 Belles

Sybelle

Week2 25ss

Seamus

2 Belles

Sybelle

Copycat Killer

Convict Gunslinger

Week 3 35ss

Seamus

2 Belles

Sybelle

Copycat Killer

Convict Gunslinger

Bete Noir

• 2 weeks later...

Well the first round was a loss but it proved a valuable lesson none the less.

I was up against Nicodem and he just hid in his corner behind a lot of terrain, I shouldnt have played into his hands by rushing to him but boy did Seamus prove he is tough to take down, it took 3 turns of Nico's entire Crew trying to take him apart. If I wasnt quite as agressive it would have worked out better I think.

Round 2 is now up against Lilith, of which I think the 25ss list I put up earlier should work out ok, plan is to pick on just a couple of models a turn with Belles luring, Sybelle tanking and the other 3 finishing off whatever they can get their mits on.

Ooh, that's the same escalation league as the one I'm in. :D

Having never played with/vs Saemus I can't really comment on the list, but I did play against the Lilith player last night. You can expect him to advance under cover of forests and attempt to grow his terror tots.

If you can get the belles on the flanks then lure would be great for getting LOS to his models and then luring them for a shot with Seamus. It was only a few weeks ago when I realised how huge the Lure range was! :D

Remember that the strategy is likely to be a treasure hunt, so you need to make sure you cover those counters as well as you can, and then shoot the hell out of whoever tries to take them.

One more thing to remember - Wp values for Lilith and her Nephilim are merely average. This'll definitely help with Lure, but possibly also Seamus's Terrifying buffs. You could take advantage of that, especially if you have some hanged?

the most important thing to remember with seamus is to not test hot tough he is. sure he can take all that punishment but he doesn't have to. He's at his best about 12" from enemies (so he can move shoot move or use undead psycosis) wich is out of the danger zone of most models

another neat trick I've picked up to keep seamus alive is to keep him base to base with a belle and use undead psycosis on the big/scary models (mature neph. steamborg) so they have to try and stay 3' away from the belle and get in melee range of seamus

I havn't played against lilith at all but from what I have heard I think her biggest weakness against seamus is speed. being able to walk 6 is fun until they get lured across the table in one activation. activate sybelle and the copycat first try and get lilith or and M. neph to activate then when they do lure lure (maybe and undress to drop her def) then shoot them full of holes

Well in just over a weeks time I am taking part in a min 3 week escalation league 3 games, same master throughout build on crew from week prior. There is an even spread of factions and no one has chosen duplicate masters.

Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on tweaks or things to do differently.

Week 1 15ss

Seamus

2 Belles

Sybelle

Week2 25ss

Seamus

2 Belles

Sybelle

Copycat Killer

Convict Gunslinger

Week 3 35ss

Seamus

2 Belles

Sybelle

Copycat Killer

Convict Gunslinger

Bete Noir

You would be well off to swap one of the Belles out for 2 Canine Remains. They're fast and can run interference. If you get lucky and trigger Rabies they help with casting Lure, Undead Psychosis and Semus's Terrifying ability.

Bete Noir is cool but you'll probably only get to use her for about a 1/3 of the game. Punk Zombies work really well with Seamus. They have a good damage output.

With Seamus you can only make Belles, so it's helpful to bring more offensive models when you hire, and make more Belles in game.

I was up against Nicodem and he just hid in his corner behind a lot of terrain, I shouldnt have played into his hands by rushing to him but boy did Seamus prove he is tough to take down, it took 3 turns of Nico's entire Crew trying to take him apart. If I wasnt quite as agressive it would have worked out better I think.

I love how tough Seamus is. I've played him a few times against my friends and they can't stand how tough he is. We played a 4 player free-for-all and it took all three of them with probably 2 models each to take him down. The combination of Live for Pain and Hard to Kill is devastating.

So I agree with keeping him at least 12" away from something simply to keep him safe. I make the belles do all the work.

Well had the game against Lilith last night and we both ended up playing a claim jump and each went for eye for an eye and bodyguard.

We had a nice temple structure in the centre and I decided to play the crew a lot tighter than last game with a lot of mutual support. Seamus got Undead Psychosis off on Lilith straight away and had Sybelle follow him up then slingshot a Belle onto the edge of the objective.

The next round Sybelle received a diving charge from a Mature Nephalim and survived only to beat it to death in reatliation, most of the game was a bit of a blur as my crew took apart all of Lilith's minions, in the end only Lilith was left on the board and all I had lost was the Copycat killer (didnt help that he linked a Sorrow to him)

Keeping the crew tight gave me a lot of options as to the use of companion and I really saw how incredibly powerful all the willpower effects that Seamus brings to the table are. The Hanged are definitely going to be a good addition, I am also learning a bit about crew composition too, Sybelle and Seamus are tanks and maybe just one more Belle to start with would be necessary, looking forward to the next round and I think at this stage I will just stick with adding Bete as she will give some good combat potential to the crew

Ok round 3 has been drawn and its up against none other than Rathnard on these boards and Zoraida who I never played before ... any tips?

Pray...

Mwahahahaha! :D

Seriously though, Zoiraida is all about card manipulation - she's very good at ensuring her and her minions succeed with their own duels while enemy models fail at theirs. She's also very hard to actually catch - with the voodoo doll she can cast spells from across the table, proper manners makes it hard to successfully attack her with anything (can't cheat a :-fate flip) and raven lets her cover half the board in a single activation.

Her playstyle is probably the most flexible in the game. Lilith is almost always a melee beater, Seamus is almost always a ranged (and unkillable) shooter, but Zoraida is almost a blank slate - she'll function well no matter what kind of crew she takes.

Her main weakness is that with all her trickyness, she's got very little offensive ability. She can poision things with her voodoo doll, but her ability to actually kill models on her own is quite limited.

Other than that, yeah, you're gonna lose. ;)

Edited by Rathnard