Sonia Criid Help!!!!!

Iamwyrd

Alrighty

I asked about Lilith against Raspy. And the help I received was really good advice. NOW my friend being the dou*$# he is went out and bought Sonia Criids boxset. So we played and I got my butt handed to me because every time I tried to cast he just dispelled it. Is there any thing I can do to get around this. I tried staying away, and bouncing spells off or my guys and trying to hit Sonia with the blasts but she is always to close so he dispells it. Please help!!!! But I want to use Raspy just to show him that she isn't a poser. Lol

The December Acolyte can pull units away from Sonnia's Advanced Counterspell leaving them open to Rasputina's spell blast. An alternative is using the Steamborg Executioner's knock back to push Sonnia 4" away. You could potentiality do it all with Taelor's Hammerstrike.

Another way to go would to eat away at your opponents hand by using the Wendigo/Essence of Power to cast Rasputina's spells before hand to prevent Sonnia's Advanced Counterspell when Rasputina puts down the hurt.

With Magic Resistant: 2, Sonnia and her witchlings really aren't good targets for your offensive spells anyway. Of course Hopkins is still a great target and there's certainly nothing wrong with chipping away at their life totals.

If Sonnia's throwing her cards into dispelling things, she's not going to have any cards to help with her own spells/minions, which gives you a great advantage with your own considerable hand-size.

There's also the close-combat route. Sonnia's exploding Witchlings aren't as good when your minions have armour and so long as he's not hitting Rasputina, Samuel Hopkins is much more agreeable when he's in combat with one of your own goons.

Perhaps the solution, then, is to advance into melee range against Sonnia & co, using Rasputina's spells to pretty much lock down your opponents hand and keep your own minions safe. Once there, you can use Biting Chill and Decembers Touch to support your minions.

Randomly, Hanns with his Headshot trigger tends to be pretty useful for either draining cards or simply killing models when your opponent has an empty hand. Jack Daw can do the same. ;)

Your best bets would be to be to use the Ice Golem & Gamin move into range & shoot with their ranged attacks, then target your gamin/golem with december's curse (when criid & little buggers are close enough). Then soulstone to up rapsy's total & cheat their totals down ensuring you trigger blast damage or least so that you cheat to severe, or moderate at a push, & use the templates to hit them.

December's touch will also be your friend in this matchup & don't forget your bearskin armour if your opponent starts slapping down blasts & the like.

Also make sure you take the essence of Power if you're going to use this tactic

Edited by Couchmonster

To expand on what Couchmonster said, don't forget your Ice Golem can shoot for bursts. Add in Bite of Winter and the damage racks up pretty quick. The shooting your own guys is good in a pinch, but you really shouldn't have to (unless your guys will die anyway, in which case why not?)

Basically, you can force a choice. Sonnia's crew can A) stick close to Sonnia so she can counter for them, or B) spread out so they don't get burst bombed.

Also, counterspell requires a decent amount of cards. Another way around it is to have Tina activate late in the round so Sonnia has already used many cards, or your Acolytes have forced a couple of discards. With Casting Expert, it's rare that Sonnia will counter every single spell.

To expand on what Couchmonster said, don't forget your Ice Golem can shoot for bursts. Add in Bite of Winter and the damage racks up pretty quick. The shooting your own guys is good in a pinch, but you really shouldn't have to (unless your guys will die anyway, in which case why not?)

Basically, you can force a choice. Sonnia's crew can A) stick close to Sonnia so she can counter for them, or B) spread out so they don't get burst bombed.

Also, counterspell requires a decent amount of cards. Another way around it is to have Tina activate late in the round so Sonnia has already used many cards, or your Acolytes have forced a couple of discards. With Casting Expert, it's rare that Sonnia will counter every single spell.

Cheshire - hit a good point on this one, timing is key, if you wait to activate tina till the end of the turn one of two things will happen, Sonia will have to save cards to counter your spells and in that case then you will have less cheating fate to deal with from sonias crew. The second is you can get them when there hand is empty and start casting away.

an interesting thought would be to add Hamelin to cast his spells, like obey and may sonia have to chose what to cancel in the turn. pricey but an interesting thought.

Edited by TimeLapse

Cheshire - hit a good point on this one, timing is key, if you wait to activate tina till the end of the turn one of two things will happen, Sonia will have to save cards to counter your spells and in that case then you will have less cheating fate to deal with from sonias crew. The second is you can get them when there hand is empty and start casting away.

an interesting thought would be to add Hamelin to cast his spells, like obey and may sonia have to chose what to cancel in the turn. pricey but an interesting thought.

I agree Entirely Tina' has a few problems with defence and it should be second nature to keep her at a distance, but i find that freezing terrain and putting up a few ice walls is helpful agianst Sonia, plus the Bear skin armor will save you some grief as she is immune to the Plume damage caused by Sonia's fire balls, honestly I have seen this match up end either way and as time lapse says it all comes down to timing.

Just don't try to put to much blocking terrain on the board, with her high cast Sonnia doesn't need LOS to hit you, but you need it to hit her.

Also depending on who your playing you gotta watch out for Samael. I was playing Rasp and I found out Sam did all the heavy lifting while Sonnia kept Raspy scared the entire time.