The ol' Pandora Trick (30SS)

Dax

So I'm new to Pandora, and I've lost horribly each time I've played with her. But this was before I recognized the potential of Emotional Stress/Trauma and the Incite/Pacify trick to get her movement up. Now I know the combos, and the model synthesis, but I'm having a hard time with exact tactics I need to employ to get the maximum effect. What really bothers me is how to get sorrows to within 3 without getting killed horribly. I hear all about how Pandora is no fun to play because it's an "easy button" choice, and while I can see how that could be, I can't seem to understand the activation order and tactics.

My list:

Pandora

Teddy

Baby Kade

2 Sorrows

Doppelganger

29/30SS 6SS pool.

I'm not so sold on the Doppelganger and the whole mimicking emotional trauma/unhealthy relationship combo. It seems hard to implement, so a cheaper sorrow is a possible sub for her.

In sum, I'm looking for any help tactically to get Pandora and her sorrow buddies into close range intact, and how to get pandora out without getting charged so she can repeat the process.

Thanks!

There have been many, many, many threads on Pandora. Basically, she is a hit and run machine. For some really good posts on it, try the Tactica thread:

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7354&highlight=lose+pandora

For the record, I'm not sold on the Doppleganger in her list either. I think that Candy is a better fit. She has several abilities that will require an opponent to take a WP Duel.

I've only been able to use the Doppleganger once, but it worked really well. The Emotional Trauma/Unhealthy Relationship combo was amazing allowing me to do 6-7 Wd per failed Wp duel (with only 3 Sorrows total, and only 2 on pandora). The problem came after I did it the first time and my opponent decided to concentrate on killing the Dopp. Still managed to use it one more turn before she was killed, and it took the heat off the rest of my crew, so I think I'll include her again once I actually get the model.

• 2 weeks later...

Something important to remember is that the sorrows will NOT travel with Pandora when she is pushed due to Fading Memory. But if you just have her take a single move action at the end of zipping about the field, as long as they have LoS the 'Linked' Sorrows will fly across the field to her side. She just has to take an actual move action and no matter how far she got they will come to her side as long as there is a clear path for them to travel (ie, no blocking terrain, etc.)

Something important to remember is that the sorrows will NOT travel with Pandora when she is pushed due to Fading Memory. But if you just have her take a single move action at the end of zipping about the field, as long as they have LoS the 'Linked' Sorrows will fly across the field to her side. She just has to take an actual move action and no matter how far she got they will come to her side as long as there is a clear path for them to travel (ie, no blocking terrain, etc.)

Not any more.

Initially you were right - you needed to make a Wk action to bring the sorrows back into BTB.

Then the errata came out and pushes counted as moves, allowing the sorrows to follow Pandora wherever she was pushed.

Now with the most recent addition to the errata, Sorrows will not follow when Pandora is pushed, but they will when she makes a Wk action or she ends her activation.

There's a more detailed discussion on Pandora's most recent incarnation here.

Not any more.

Initially you were right - you needed to make a Wk action to bring the sorrows back into BTB.

Then the errata came out and pushes counted as moves, allowing the sorrows to follow Pandora wherever she was pushed.

Now with the most recent addition to the errata, Sorrows will not follow when Pandora is pushed, but they will when she makes a Wk action or she ends her activation.

There's a more detailed discussion on Pandora's most recent incarnation here.

What addition to the errata? As far as I know, the fix for push is still not out yet though it is coming soon I know that.

Can you link me to it as I've not been able to find it?