25ss Sonnia List

MadArcanist

So far this has been working out quite well.

Sonnia Criid

Francisco Ortega

Samael Hopkins

2x Witchling Stalkers

4 extra SS + Sonnia's Pool = 8 SS total

The overall strategy is to use Francisco's speed to intercept anyone who can get to certain objectives. Using Samael as back-up from long range. The Stalkers generally are my objective grabbers (toward the end of the game) and Sonnia just does her thing when she gets in range.

For some odd reason she really enjoys blowing things up. Which I don't mind cause I haven't lost yet with her *knocks on wood*

So any critique? comments? I'm also thinking of ways to bring this to 30ss...all i've been able to think of is adding a Student of Conflict and staying with 8ss (darn SS cap at 8)

General schemes: Hold out, Body Guard, and Raid

hmmm, now i wouldn't add a student of conflict, tbh 4 points for giving something within like 3 inch fast is very pricy, and its an all action so if u want to move up with the rest of the force ur not giving anything fast.

And tbh its debatable weather to take it with vic's, cos if its 1 use only thing to it (by that i mean that because u cant move everything will be out of range) and its a soulstone cheaper.

The purifying flame might be a nice addon, its hard to shoot an magic with a massive def 8, and 2 points cheaper,

The thing I've learned with the student of conflict is that its a very finesse based totem to use. Yes its not gonna sit there and cast like Purifying Flame, but when you do use it, it can be fun to see Sonnia cast 4 times, or move into range and cast, etc. It keeps up with her until it goes off, I understand its a slow thing but from what I've used it for it clicks so well with her having casting expert, and then giving her fast for that extra action she might need at the given time. If it just wasn't for her obsessive need for SS it wouldn't have a problem getting her people. Its not like Lady J or Perdita where you can live with having your Cache + whatever awkward points left over in SS. You actually need to plan your list around having lots of them on hand for whatever trouble you get into >.< (from what I've seen and played personally)

I actually play tested the Student today and I would have to say in the situation my crew was put in it worked out great. Sonnia was able to move twice and fire off 2 Flame Bursts, then when we all met in the middle (I was playing a hilarious McMourning List by my favorite Rival in our group) and it caught up again it really made the difference to be able to Swing 3 times to clear/heal and then cast Violation against McMourning (which worked remarkably well at the end cause I actually killed him with it)