Pandora Turn 1 Kill

Captain.Danger

Later in the thread someone specifically asks sketch if, when a model with a ranged attack is in melee, it can target a model it is not in melee with. And this was his answer:

http://www.wyrd-games.net/forum/showpost.php?p=99416&postcount=11

Keep in mind this was before the errata and Sonnia's flame burst did not have a ranged icon.

Uh, doesn't he say exactly the opposite?

Ranged spells without the :maliranged icon can be cast out of melee, in melee etc. If they do have that icon and the model is in melee it cannot cast those spells.

The spell can be cast while the model is in melee against a model not in melee with it. The text in the rulebook is just a reminder that such spells can be cast in melee as well.

-Ropetus

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That implies nothing of the sort.

You're also forgetting from the errata:

Re-written that last sentence you're quoting is:

"Models may cast spells against enemy models that they are in melee with."

Which means that models may cast spells. Period. Including models they are in melee with. As long as those spells being cast follow the rules for such spells. (No :ranged spells in melee, etc.)

I see.

Uh, doesn't he say exactly the opposite?

The spell can be cast while the model is in melee against a model not in melee with it. The text in the rulebook is just a reminder that such spells can be cast in melee as well.

-Ropetus

Question: " In other words, if Sonnia is in melee, could she cast Flame Burst at a target 10" away?"

Answer: "No."

Keeping in mind that Sonnia didn't have the ranged icon at the time, you have to admit...that's a little misleading.:confused:

Alright, swarming her with dogs won't work.

Re-written that last sentence you're quoting is:

"Models may cast spells against enemy models that they are in melee with."

Which means that models may cast spells. Period. Including models they are in melee with. As long as those spells being cast follow the rules for such spells. (No :ranged spells in melee, etc.)

Okay the parenthetical confused me, so just to make sure I understand the rule, is this correct?

• A model in melee may cast any spell against a model it is in melee with, including :ranged spells.
  • A model in melee may cast spells without :ranged against models NOT in melee with it.

Does that sum up these rules?

Okay the parenthetical confused me, so just to make sure I understand the rule, is this correct?

A model in melee may cast any spell against a model it is in melee with, including :ranged spells.

No.

Not including :ranged spells. A model cannot perform any :ranged type of attacks whlie engaged in melee. Spells or otherwise.

A model in melee may cast spells without :ranged against models NOT in melee with it.

This is correct.