perdita problems...

Thoughttrauma

I'm a bit confused here. Are you saying that you're making the switch from a Leveticus crew to a Perdita crew and you're having trouble adapting to her different playstyle? If that's the case, I don't think it's a case of buying different models or building a new crew, but maybe some Perdita players could give you some advice for the most efficient way to use her and her family.

I had the opposite experience, Guild gives my Pandora trouble as they can stay at range.

Fast crews like Marcus, Silurids, Cerberus...anything that can get them in melee before the shooting starts are great.

Somer is not bad at all, with a Skeeter Sooey'ing the pigs 10" before they move and a Reactivate on the big pig you can be all over them before they are in shooting range.

Against Perdita and her family, you're going to need to control what they can see, and how far away they are when they do get to see stuff. If you can close the gap between you without exposing yourself to too many shots, you'll find that the Ortegas are a bit weaker in melee than some fo the other Guild options.

Also, any way you can make Perdita take a Wd or two without having to duel against her Df will be vital to your success. She's got a Df of 8. That's a huge advantage to have, especially with access to soulstones to back her up. Any way you can get around that will make your job easier.

Also, Perdita may be awesome, but she can't be everywhere at once. Take out Nino as quickly as you can. With his range and his Repeating Rifle, he's a serious threat. Also, do not let Papa Loco engage you. Kill him early, preferably near another family member.

Santiago isn't as dangerous in melee, especially if you don't reduce him to 4 Wd or less until you've already got him engaged. His power comes from taking bullets and continuing to come towards you more pissed off than he was before. He gets the Cb boost on the Paired Peacbringers, not the Blades, and the (+1) Walk action isn't going to help him very much in melee if you can win the duel to keep him from disengaging.

Be prepared for the Ortegas' "alpha strike" companion activation. If you're not presenting very many targets when it happens, you will essentially get to do the same thing yourself afterward (this is assuming pure Familia Ortega). If it happens, capitalize on it.