04-10-2010 Chicago Tournament

nilus

How is the scoring done if time is up and we are not on turn 6? Also, I assume, after time is called, we still finish the turn? Or does play halt?

Okay

When time is called I allow players to finish up the current turn. VPs are determined after that round as if it were the last turn of the game.

For total Crew wipe outs, the non-wiped out player gets to play one turn to determine if he could complete his schemes(IE if you wipe out your oppenent on turn 3, you get to play turn 4 to see if you could succeed at the strategy, You will not play turn 5 and 6)

And reminders and info

Tourney starts at 12:30 PM CST.

$5 fee for prizes

Painting contest for the best painted model

Strategies(we are keeping it simple)

First Round - Reconnoiter

Second Round - Claim Jump

Third Round - Treasure Hunt(with only one counter for both sides)

Schemes(trying something different here) - Two per round(hidden or revealed at your choice) as normal except you can not take the same generic scheme(non-faction specific) twice in the tourney.

Edit: changed schemes after some thinking

Edited by nilus

Pipeline, and itsnotallison, it was a blast to play both of you. Victor, I don't know your forum name, so it was also a great time learning how you play McMourning. Nilus, great job running it! Awesome prize support too!

Weird Sketch, next time we get our rematch...

Everyone at the tourney made the trip down to Chicago worth it, and I plan on coming back sometime soon!

Me an' the boys had a grate ol' time. Ol' Sabbath et his fill, an' Solomon and Gideon ruted aroun' an' found sum trufels, but we hadda cook up por Laz'rus. Jofiel an' Raziel buzzd roun' makin' pests uv themselves, but then Uriel had to be a Killjoy.

Doc Doug was tough on Cleophas an' Gomer, but didn't mind us 'splorin' his forest. Nate an' Jubal didn' like Seamus an' them Belles cuttin' on them one bit, but we liked da freebees. Zeke an' I wood like ta picnic with Perdita 'gin rite soon. She even hepd me wit' my trezur.

Y'all cum back.

--S. T. Jones, Esq.

Edited by Subötai

Thanks for everyone for coming out. Was a good showing and it was great to really cool to see how evolved the play styles have come in 7 months. This was a pretty hardcore tourney with everyone really giving there all.

For those keeping score

1st place was Travis Viktoria crew with 24 VP

2nd place was Greg's Gremlins at 23 VP - I challenge anyone who claims Gremlins are easy to face Greg in a game.

3rd went to another Viktoria crew(names a blur, don't have the cards in front of me). VP was less then 23 and more then the next guy :)

Also best Painted model went to Paul's Purifying flame. I will get pictures up of it and the others when I get a chance

Again thanks for coming out. Don't forget Fools WI tourney on May 1st and keep an eye on the board for word of the next Chi-town Tourney sometime in June.

Dan