Gremlin Tactics for the New and the Frustrated

Justin

Edit: All gremlin the most recent gremlin tactics (starting 5/2/11) will be found here: http://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/home

Useful posts in this thread:

Post Rising Powers:

Cornelious1424's Lacroix Family Tactics

Pre-Rising Powers:

Amidian's General Gremlin Advice

Tyrant's advice on playing against Ramos

n0signal's general gremlin advice

Nick's general gremlin advice

Lalo's General Gremlin Advice

Gremlin swarm's ya'll watch this antics

Edited by Justin

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gremlins are a tough crew to get the hang of so, if you're getting frustrated and your friends are trouncing you, don't worry: we've all been there. They find high defense masters particularly difficult (Lilith and Perdita) and even more so in the event that you draw the assassinate mission. So, if that's been your experience, know that that's as hard a fight as you'll get. I also find gremlins to be at a noticable (but playable) disadvantage at lower soul stone games. I find they work best around 40 soul stones.

Ok, so, tactics.

I always start the game with two mosquitoes. What I do first depends on my hand. If I have the cards to cast git yer bro, it's best to do that with sommer so you can activate a mosquito later and use larvae to sacrifice the wounded gremlin. If you don't have the cards for git yer bro, I sacrifice a gremlin with larvae in the hopes of drawing them. I also like to heal my mosquitoes with sommer as much as I can. Then, depending on my hand, the summoned mosquito can larvae another gremlin, netting me another mosquito and two more cards. Never start the game with all four mosquitoes. Using larvae and killing off your gremlins costs you nothing (since skeeters and gremlins are the same price) and nets you two cards.

So, why do I start with two mosquitoes instead of one? I use the second mosquito to move up the field and cast sooey to net my pigs 10" of extra movement. This is nice because the pigs get to move even if the spell fails.

Hopefully now sommer has the cards to cast git yer bro successfully. This spell is difficult enough to pull off that you shouldn't bother without the right card in your hand. Don't waste a soul stone summoning a two soul stone model, save those to keep sommer alive. I usually summon two gremlins and heal one mosquito. Healing the skeeters is nice because you can potentially have a 6 wound model with defense 7. Also it allows you to use gremlins luck with the skeeters which greatly increases the range of the spell (10" walk and flight) and keeps wounds off of sommer. Gremlins luck is absolutely key with this crew, try to pull it off at least once per turn after the first turn (as early in the turn as possible) and, if sommer does it, use a soul stone to prevent some wounds, he'll hurt himself enough.

I like to use the hog whisperer to reactivate and heal the warpig first turn (hell, any turn) and send it charging at the enemy. He's also good up field to help you take advantage of card draw for gremlins dying too far from sommer.

Gremlins are good, incredibly diverse in their abilities. Moving and then focusing a shot will help to keep you from hitting your own models with whoops. Also, with that move it is sometimes possible to move out of line of sight or range of your own models to avoid hitting them. Terrifying (from deliverance) can also help burn through your opponent's hand and avoid harmless; and, if your opponent doesn't have a hand (they shouldn't) a bad flip might result in their model losing two turns falling back. They're not horrible in melee either with reckless abandon and dumb luck.

Pigs, obviously, charge up field early on and stampede all over your opponent's face. This is good to tie up your opponent while you produce more gremlins (or pigs by killing gremlins with sommer*). Careful use of sooey in between activating your pigs can help to target where you want them, since you can't really control them while they stampede.

The gremlin's biggest weakness is high defense targets. The highest combat in the entire crew (with the exception of sommer alone) is 4. Df 7 or 8 are near untouchable, especially while in defensive stance. My advice: avoid them, don't even bother hitting them. But, if you absolutely have to, a boomer strike with sommer triggering dumb luck can potentially do 10 damage and take out a master in one shot. Not very likely though and I have found that if sommer is close enough to shoot, he's too close for comfort. He prefers to sit in the back making models, but this is a last resort tactic. You may also walk a gremlin up next to a model with a high defense and then shoot it with your other models. (remember, you can attack your own models) This allows you to shoot at a model with a lower defense and, since you control it, you can cheat the defense down. Once you hit your own model, cheat the damage to severe so you generate a blast and make sure the blast is over your opponent's high defense model. This does automatic damage. Just be sure your gremlin that you're shooting at isn't in the enemy model's melee range, or this becomes incredibly difficult. You can also use "ya'll watch this" within 2" of an enemy model to automatically do 2 damage to them.

There is one more tactic against high defense targets: the stank cloud. Activate four mosquitoes at once (as they are all companioned to sommer) and fly them all within 3" of what you want dead, then activate "pull my finger" with each of them. This is a potential 8 damage from 13" away (because mosquitoes can fly 10" and pull my finger has a 3" range). This can help put down a lot of things gremlins just can't. However, a lot of people will point to this as your ultimate answer to all problems with gremlins, but I'm afraid it has some major draw backs...

Here are the problems with the stank cloud: it can easily be negated by soul stones (damage prevention will prevent all the wounds from pull my finger 8/13 of the time, and half of them 5/13 of the time) and it leaves your mosquitoes in a relatively vulnerable position if it doesn't work. (clumped together around a model you really wanted dead so, probably a model that is very good at making you dead) Pull my finger also requires a 10 to work with a mosquito so it often drains your hand and stones to pull off, further depleting your resources. Also, your mosquitoes can hit each other with it, so careful placement is key, and potentially limiting. Personally, I prefer the stank cloud in moderation and against non-masters, but sometimes you draw assassinate and it's all you got. But, if you're not going after the master, hit multiple models if you can.

Personally, I also like running three mosquitoes up the field to cause havoc while leaving one hanging back near sommer to larvae more gremlins (produced by sommer) into a new mosquito each time one dies. The key with gremlins is to never run out of bayou gremlins or mosquitoes; one is fine, from one you can make many more. But all of the abilities to produce these models key off of having one in play.

So, that's all I can think of right now. I still couldn't tell you how to beat Lilith or Perdita in assasinate (the gremlin's toughest match ups, since they are both defense 8 and your whole objective is to put them down), but hopefully my tactics work a bit for you.

Here are a few battles I fought with my gremlins. I didn't exactly win them all, but keep in mind most were against their toughest opponent (in my opinion) Lilith:

http://www.wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9706

*Producing pigs with sommer by killing your own gremlins is good, but only do it if you have a raven in your hand to cheat. Also note that, due to the way the timing works, survival of the fittest and come and get it trigger at the same time. (when the gremlin dies) This means that the acting player (you) gets to decide which order to do them in. So, activate survival first and draw two cards. Then activate come and get it and discard two cards to summon your pig. This not only guarantees you have the cards to discard, but also allows more options as to what should be discarded.

Edited by Justin

2) it wounds the mosquitoes (since they don't start the game that way) so sommer can heal them on his activation.

Hungry This model suffers 3 Wd on the first Start Activation Phase.

So Hungry would take effect before the Initiative flip on turn one, not on the mosquitoes first activation.

Activating Som'er and a mosquito with companion seems it would be better, as you could Get Y'er Bro, assuming you have a high enough card to get it off, and then have a wounded gremlin to Larva. Then you have an option of healing either a gremlin or mosquito, whichever looks like it may benefit the most.

So Hungry would take effect before the Initiative flip on turn one, not on the mosquitoes first activation.

Activating Som'er and a mosquito with companion seems it would be better, as you could Get Y'er Bro, assuming you have a high enough card to get it off, and then have a wounded gremlin to Larva. Then you have an option of healing either a gremlin or mosquito, whichever looks like it may benefit the most.

Oh wow! I've been reading that totally wrong. For some reason my brain registered: "this model takes two wounds on the start of its first activation."

Oh well.

Some of my point still stands: if you don't have a high enough card to use git yer bro, larvae and see if you draw one. If you do, then yeah, git yer bro first and then sacrifice the summoned gremlin. I never find companion that useful on first turn. The whole point is to act before your opponent and get the jump on him, but I rarely find that I need to with my opponent still across the board, and allowing him to move as many of his models before I do allows me to see how he is positioning on the board and react to it.

Edited by Justin

I'm a newbie Malifaux player and have a Redchappel starter already under fire. Now I'm planning to expand my crews and Gremlins sound great and different enough for my second box. After reading the great posts about Gremlin tactics I'm quite convinced that I need more miniatures than just the starter, but the question is what to order? I prefer painting the whole gang on one go to save time and to have similar looking miniatures.

The games I'll be playing will be with 25-30SS.

Is this valid crew so I won't run out of miniatures after all the summoning and sacrificing:

- Starter (Teeth, 4 gremlins and a warpig)

- 2 Giant Mosquitoes

- 1 extra pack of piglets

- Hog whisperer and one more piglet

This way I'd have:

Teeth

4 gremlins

4 piglets

1 warpig

2 Mosquitoes

Is this a good selection to get started or or do I need something more / less?

Edited by Mördjinn

Four mosquitoes are always good if you can get them out. They are really one of the most fantastic models in the gremlin crew, so I would advise having the max at hand. I also prefer to bring at least 8 gremlins to the table, thanks to git yer bro. But I play at higher soul stone levels and usually a little less pig heavy than other people I talk to on here, so they may tell you otherwise about the gremlins.

So, if I were you I would get:

-2 more mosquitoes

-1 more pack of gremlins

But that's me, and not everyone would agree about the gremlins.

Edit: I started with gremlins and branched out to Seamus. Good choices, sir.

Edited by Justin

Wow, thanks for the quick answer Lalo. As you seem to be the official Gremlin mastermind of these forums I trust your judgement on the matter and go for the gremlin heavy crew with four mosquitoes. And yes, I enjoy Seamus and the zombiewhores immensely, something quite different from your average miniature wargame warhosts.

BTW Is there any websites or forums for good and tested army lists for each faction? My local hobby store doesn't carry Malifaux stuff and I have to order them from a land far far away so it would be handy to have a place to check out good lists with models that work well together.

Wow, thanks for the quick answer Lalo. As you seem to be the official Gremlin mastermind of these forums I trust your judgement on the matter and go for the gremlin heavy crew with four mosquitoes. And yes, I enjoy Seamus and the zombiewhores immensely, something quite different from your average miniature wargame warhosts.

BTW Is there any websites or forums for good and tested army lists for each faction? My local hobby store doesn't carry Malifaux stuff and I have to order them from a land far far away so it would be handy to have a place to check out good lists with models that work well together.

Actually, other people seem to be having more success with the gremlins than I do.

And as far as I know, this forum is the best we've got.

After 3 weeks of league play, a total of 7 games, I've determined the winning tactic for gremlins is to not play gremlins. Of a possible 54 VPs, I've earned 6, while each game my opponent has scored max.

On paper they look like they should be effective and fun, but all that actually happens is you get curb stomped. Terrible Cb, no defensive talents, one potentially heavy hitter that goes down like a bitch.

Hmmm...this sounds sad and bad. I don't mind playing an underdog, but uncompetetive team doesn't sound good at all.

What about balancing the weaknesses of the Gremlins with some Mercenaries?

You can't play with mercenaries together with So'mer due to his rule.. You can only take pigs,gremlins and vermin..

My tactics with So'mer (haven't played him that much, but it worked out pretty well) is that the schemes "hold out" and "Bodyguard (So'mer) work pretty well for the gremlins. Leave So'mer and probably one or two gremlins in your deployment zone. Try 'git yer bro' as much as possible, but only if you're sure if it will work (or if you have nothing better to do, just give it a shot!)

After that, you can choose to do two things, this just depends on what kind of things you want to accomplish.

1) heal the gremlin and send him out for battle/objectives

2) if you have the correct suit in your hands, try to kill the gremlin, and trigger the effect of getting a free pig.

If you do this, you can back up your army everytime by pigs or gremlins, in a way the opponent cannot come closer to your deployment zone (it helps if you keep so'mer out of LOS)

And, may it happen that the oponnent closes in, just go into defensive stance with so'mer :)

Also, what worked for me,, is running with the warpig directly at opponents models. As they're busy fighting him (which should take at least 1, and if you're lucky even more turns) you can go for the objectives with gremlins.

The pigs are in my opinion essential in a gremlin army. Their high defense ensures that they can stay alive, and with stampeding and pigcharging ensuring you that you can at least do a bit of damage! :)

I can't say much about hog whisperer / mosquitos, as i haven't play with them, but there are a lot of tactics about them already on this thread :)

I have to say that I'm not an experienced player, but this things have worked out for me. I've played two games, and both games I scored 6 VP,, :)

I hope you find this a bit usefull!

Som'er Teeth Jones can't hire mercenaries; only Gremlins, Pigs and Vermin. To be honest, even if you could hire mercenaries, a lot of the time you probably wouldn't want to. I play a lot of 25-30SS games and I always find it an absolute nightmare to pick a Gremlin force because I've never got enough for everything I want to bring... mercenaries would just eat further into that with no gain. The key to Gremlins, IMO, is building a regenerating list.

I don't know where people get the idea that Gremlins are auto-lose or rubbish or whatever; they're a really good crew, and quite powerful in several situations. For one, they're my go-to crew for Reconnoiter as few crews will do it as well as the Gremlins. Typically, I'll take a swarm of Piglets, and keep making them all game with Git Yer Bro and Come and Get It combos; this usually keeps the enemy busy trying to swat Df6 stampeding pigs all over the place, dribbling 2 or 3 points of damage with every hit... they don't have to hit hard, and they don't have to hit every time, they just have to take a lot of swings (and each stampede gives you a potential 3 pigcharges, I usually run 4 piglets, that's 12 pigcharges... that's a lot of opportunity to hit even with Cb4!!). Also, send a couple of Mosquitoes up the board and the enemy have Df7 models with flight to deal with that can either Sooey or Pull My Finger all over the place, depending on your cards.

It doesn't matter if by late game all these pigs and 'skeeters are wiped out, by this point in the game the enemy crew should be looking pretty depleted. It's then quite easy to generate some more gremlins and use Reckless to run them into the quadrants of the board you need them in in order to secure Reconnoiter and likely your opponent won't have the model count left to stop you, let alone catch up with you running 15".

They're also a really good crew for Treasure Hunt, as you can stick a piglet/warpig in the ass, heal it, then give it flight. Fly over terrain, and use reckless if needed to grab the treasure counter; then when you reactivate use reckless to leg it back to your deployment with three Wk's... on a Piglet that's 18"!! Give the treasure counter to Jones whenever possible and keep him in your deployment, with Bodyguard and Hold Out and just fill your side of the board with Gremlins and Piglets.

I've even pulled Slaughter off pretty well recently with a combo of Piglet stampedes and farting Mosquitoes; admittedly you need good cards for this so some luck may have been shining on me... but if you're using Come and Get it or Larvae to bring on more piglets/'skeeters then those dying Gremlins should be pulling lots of extra cards for you anyway.

All-in-all, I think it's a really fun Crew, that is probably one of the hardest to pick up and play with. Not only do you not have a "default" crew (the starter box is way too small at 16SS) but also they can seem underpowered until you get the hang of their zany playstyle. They certainly struggle against any master with a high Df - mostly Perdita and Lilith - and are especially a bad match-up against Pandora (because of their hideously low Wp) but there are lots of bad match-ups in the game... that's just how it is, and is one reason why a lot of people have at least a couple of Crews. :P

My tactics with So'mer (haven't played him that much, but it worked out pretty well) is that the schemes "hold out" and "Bodyguard (So'mer) work pretty well for the gremlins. Leave So'mer and probably one or two gremlins in your deployment zone. Try 'git yer bro' as much as possible, but only if you're sure if it will work (or if you have nothing better to do, just give it a shot!)

After that, you can choose to do two things, this just depends on what kind of things you want to accomplish.

1) heal the gremlin and send him out for battle/objectives

2) if you have the correct suit in your hands, try to kill the gremlin, and trigger the effect of getting a free pig.

+1 YES. This is spot on!! Great post Nick. :D

Haha, thanks!

And indeed, what you say, reconnoiter and treasure hunt are pretty easy for gremlins. (heck, reconnoiter is the easiest of all with gremlins!)

They're also a really good crew for Treasure Hunt, as you can stick a piglet/warpig in the ass, heal it, then give it flight. Fly over terrain, and use reckless if needed to grab the treasure counter; then when you reactivate use reckless to leg it back to your deployment with three Wk's... on a Piglet that's 18"!! Give the treasure counter to Jones whenever possible and keep him in your deployment, with Bodyguard and Hold Out and just fill your side of the board with Gremlins and Piglets.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was impossible for pigs to carry the treasure, since they're insignificant? But, you can still do the same, as you have a ability that pigs become significant during the end of the turn (I believe..) So the tactic is pretty much the same, only with 2 action points less.. (that's still 6" + 18" (if you reactivate him) of movement :) )

Overall, gremlins are a pretty strong crew, but you have to everything into account, as one mistake could take you from wining to losing in just one turn :)

Edited by Nick

You can also pull off eye for an eye with the gremlins. This is definitely one of the harder schemes, but gremlins are the only crew I would attempt it with. They are very much able to boost or lower their numbers as necessary near the end of the game. But, since game length is random, I would never entirely recommend this scheme to anyone but, if anyone can do it, it's the gremlins.

I prefer not to choose a bodyguard on sommer, since my opponents always gun straight for him, but it does depend on my match up.

Advice edited into first post.

Edited by Justin

Thanks a lot for this post. I just got my Gremlins in at the LGS and am eagerly looking forward to getting some games in.

I did a lot of reading here before I chose my army and understood they'd be a tough group to master, but I'm a firm believer that you should always go with the army that you find the most interesting, not the one that you think has the strongest rules. For me the Gremlins' looks and character as well as their fascinatingly weird recycling dynamic were what sold me.

So at any rate its nice to have all this compiled info to help me out. Little things like "don't buy too many skeeters... you can have one sack a Gremlin and then get another skeeter and two cards" are helpful pointers. And thats just one of the many subtleties you mentioned that had so far escaped me given how I currently have 0 games under my belt. Maybe some day soon I'll be back in here with some experiences of my own to add.

Thanks a lot for this post. I just got my Gremlins in at the LGS and am eagerly looking forward to getting some games in.

I did a lot of reading here before I chose my army and understood they'd be a tough group to master, but I'm a firm believer that you should always go with the army that you find the most interesting, not the one that you think has the strongest rules. For me the Gremlins' looks and character as well as their fascinatingly weird recycling dynamic were what sold me.

So at any rate its nice to have all this compiled info to help me out. Little things like "don't buy too many skeeters... you can have one sack a Gremlin and then get another skeeter and two cards" are helpful pointers. And thats just one of the many subtleties you mentioned that had so far escaped me given how I currently have 0 games under my belt. Maybe some day soon I'll be back in here with some experiences of my own to add.

I'm glad it helped!

You put a lot more thought into your gremlins than I did. They were literally the first box I picked up, I rather liked the models, so I bought them.

I also just edited in a little note at the bottom of my entry thanks to a recent rules question.

I just don't see how this is working for any of you. Maybe my opponents are just better players than yours. I've tried stampeding pigs everywhere, I've tried mass producing Gremlins, I've tried a mix of both.

You need an 11 or better to cast Get Y'er Bro successfully, that's 16 cards in the deck, 17 if you count the red joker. For a Mosquito to cast Pull My Finger you need a 10+. Parasitic Infection needs a 13 :crows or red joker, and is an all action with 2" range so unless you activate last and first and happen to have the card in your hand you will never use it. Larva is an all action so if you are churning out slow Mosquitoes you still aren't accomplishing anything.

Assuming the average flip is 7, you need an 8+ with your Cb 4 to get a -2 Dg flip vs their Df 5. You have to cheat in a 13 and hope they don't cheat just for a straight damage flip.

Unless you want to set Som'er up to be at low Wds, you can only realistically summon 1 Gremlin a turn anyways, as casting Get Y'er Bro on the same Gremlins just filters them, not actually gaining any board advantage. You have to Get Y'er Bro and the use Take A Swig to heal one of the Gremlins so that you can actually gain models. Even doing this leaves you with a new, slow, and wounded Gremlin. If you send him off to do something, he'll be dead in no time and most likely out of range of Survival of the Fittest.

I just don't see how this is working for any of you. Maybe my opponents are just better players than yours. I've tried stampeding pigs everywhere, I've tried mass producing Gremlins, I've tried a mix of both.

You need an 11 or better to cast Get Y'er Bro successfully, that's 16 cards in the deck, 17 if you count the red joker. For a Mosquito to cast Pull My Finger you need a 10+. Parasitic Infection needs a 13 :crows or red joker, and is an all action with 2" range so unless you activate last and first and happen to have the card in your hand you will never use it. Larva is an all action so if you are churning out slow Mosquitoes you still aren't accomplishing anything.

Assuming the average flip is 7, you need an 8+ with your Cb 4 to get a -2 Dg flip vs their Df 5. You have to cheat in a 13 and hope they don't cheat just for a straight damage flip.

Unless you want to set Som'er up to be at low Wds, you can only realistically summon 1 Gremlin a turn anyways, as casting Get Y'er Bro on the same Gremlins just filters them, not actually gaining any board advantage. You have to Get Y'er Bro and the use Take A Swig to heal one of the Gremlins so that you can actually gain models. Even doing this leaves you with a new, slow, and wounded Gremlin. If you send him off to do something, he'll be dead in no time and most likely out of range of Survival of the Fittest.

Parasitic infection I have never used, and probably will never use.

As for git yer bro: there are actually only 13 cards in the deck (including the joker) which can cast it. But, out of 54 cards, that's actually 1 in every ~4.5 cards. Not bad odds, so you should draw one in your opening hand. And another if you sac two gremlins to your mosquitoes with larvae.

And you're right, first turn I usually do nothing. At least, my gremlins basically do nothing first turn. My pigs do all the work early game. A souyed war pig (or piglet) can reactivate, grab the treasure counter first turn, and be back in your deployment zone before second turn. And basically none of the other objectives need to be done right away. It's better to spread out late game for reconnoiter, and pile into the objective late game for claim jump.

Slaughter and assassinate are entirely different stories, and depend entirely on who you are playing. Slaughter, I think, is just imbalanced in general and if you have slaughter and your opponent doesn't, they have an edge on you no matter what. As for assassinate, yeah, it can be really hard with gremlins. Really, really hard if you are up against Lilith or Perdita (never won that particular one myself)

The gremlins combat is their biggest weakness. The highest in the army is 4. And, honestly, I don't feel this is fair. But fair or unfair, it is. Flip for it can basically give you a +2 to combat if you have an odd card (which you should hold in your hand from turn to turn as often as possible, stocking up on odd cards for those later turns when your gremlin horde actually sees combat) and the highest card in the deck is odd, which is to your advantage. Still doesn't make up for it, but use what you've got.

Also, as I said, gremlins are much better at higher points than lower ones. I prefer at least 35, often 40 soul stones. Playing at higher points allows for more gremlins, and removes the problem with recycling and healing gremlins.

Also remember a gremlins luck. When you can cheat, and your opponent can't, that's a big advantage. But I always do a ton of wounds to sommer.

And, finally, it depends on your match up. Do you play Lilith often? Best I ever get against her is a tie.

For what she does to them, see here:

http://www.wyrd-games.net/forum/showpost.php?p=112530&postcount=8

Edited by Justin

I've played against Ramos, Sonnia, and Viktoria. Both the Viktoria games were Assassinate. He had Claim Jump game 1 and Assassinate game 2. I did manage to kill one of the Viks in game 1, along with most of the rest of his crew except one Ronin, but that was because he didn't know about Pull My Finger and had 3 Ronin and one of the Viks piled onto his objective. If we had played a turn 7, I might have been able to finish off Viktoria with a couple lucky shots, but he still had 1 SS left and I think 4 wounds.

Saying "well they are great for this strategy and that strategy" is fine if you get them, or can choose, when you are playing in a league with random encounters being usable in only certain strategy's isn't viable.

I've played against Ramos, Sonnia, and Viktoria. Both the Viktoria games were Assassinate. He had Claim Jump game 1 and Assassinate game 2. I did manage to kill one of the Viks in game 1, along with most of the rest of his crew except one Ronin, but that was because he didn't know about Pull My Finger and had 3 Ronin and one of the Viks piled onto his objective. If we had played a turn 7, I might have been able to finish off Viktoria with a couple lucky shots, but he still had 1 SS left and I think 4 wounds.

Saying "well they are great for this strategy and that strategy" is fine if you get them, or can choose, when you are playing in a league with random encounters being usable in only certain strategy's isn't viable.

Well, as I said, nobody is good at slaughter. It's not a balanced strategy. If your opponent flipped it you could hide a gremlin at each corner of the board. So, this is an issue, but has nothing to do with gremlins.

Gremlins are weak in assassinate. But my point wasn't "oh, they suck at this mission, switch out for a new crew." My point was, "that's their weak point, every crew has one, don't judge them on this strategy alone because, yeah, you're probably going to lose."

And the other three, as I said, are fine.

But, all that said, and taking into account everything I have said and everything you can pull, gremlins really are the weakest crew in this game. That's why I made this thread. Not to show off how well I'm doing (I lose a lot of games) but to try to show people how to work with what they have rather than just throw the crew away as garbage. And, also, to look at what others have to say. My gremlins could use some help, too.

You need an 11 or better to cast Get Y'er Bro successfully, that's 16 cards in the deck, 17 if you count the red joker.

I found myself that it's really hard to have an 11 or better in your hand.. But, gremlins have this spell (forgot the name), that odd cards are +2 and even cards are -2.. In this way, a 9+ is high enough to cast Git yer bro, so it becomes a lot easier! worked for me a couple of times at least!

I found myself that it's really hard to have an 11 or better in your hand.. But, gremlins have this spell (forgot the name), that odd cards are +2 and even cards are -2.. In this way, a 9+ is high enough to cast Git yer bro, so it becomes a lot easier! worked for me a couple of times at least!

That spell is flip for it.

Unfortunately, it specifies "friendly bayou gremlins," not, "friendly gremlins," and Sommer is just a gremlin. So, this doesn't work.