Possible 25pt Crew

oneearrabbit

So I am a new player. And upon looking over the rules and choosing my faction (Guild) I think I have a solid idea for a crew. Perdita is the leader. Nino Ortega -7 SS. Hanz - 9SS. This gives me 16 SS leaving 9 for a 25 SS game. I have a couple of options I have been pondering and think it might help to get some input from experienced players. One idea was to use the Convict Gunslinger - 6 SS and his Suppressing Fire to open my opponent up to having to discard cards before the Headshot, Headshot, Obey and Headshot combo. With Perdita and her Hero's Gamble it makes getting the suits for Headshot even easier. Or I was thinking of Using the Guild Austringer - 5 SS and make them toss cards for the Headshots, and if they're low numbers use the Austringer to then stack the deck against them. Thoughts?

Edited by goblyn13
Merged posts for the other thread to keep it all together

While it gives you a decent option with the headshots, it leaves you fairly vulnerable to melee and for when you don't have any decent :crows or :rams in your hand. The hard part is Hero's gamble is only useful if you haven't burned through your hand, as it doesn't give you a completely new hand as it only replaces everything you have already.

Chances are while having a shooty army is there are a lot of options that can truly ruin your day. plus with alternating activation it can ruin even the best laid plans.

Edited by goblyn13

I have some success with Perdita, Convict Gunslinger, Nino, and Hans. They work well together, but now that Hans has a Ram in his Cb stat instead of a crow, I am not sure anymore. My problem is now Nino and Hans are competing for the same suit to get headshot off. I am considering taking Samael instead of Hans.

I like shooty lists, but this list is going to have a hard time accomplishing objectives, and will be in really bad shape if your opponent has a fast moving melee unit (Razorspine Rattler, for example). If you want to play a list like this, you don't want a lot of LoS-obstructing terrain, but you do want elevated (climbable) terrain and movement-obstructing terrain (sinkholes, quicksand, and the like are your friends). This list will excel if you and your opponent end up with any combination of Slaughter and Assassinate, but Treasure Hunt, Reconnoiter, and Claim Jump are going to be very hard. Reconnoiter, if you lose one unit, you're already down to 2 VP. 2 units, and you can't get the mission.

So if you get slaughter or assassinate, and your opponent has to come fight you, this list will be pretty good, but it's running on thin ice for a lot of games.