Razorspine Headaches

yuna

... is it just me, or does this guy just not fit into his base at all? Even before I assemble him, the back part of his tail collides with the base when I try to put his tab in the slot.

I've tried a couple of different things, but I'm somewhat new at this. The only idea I came up with was to ignore the base's slot entirely, build up the whole thing with green stuff, and anchor the model straight in. It'll mean using a LOT of green stuff, but it's the only thing I can think of.

This is for The Girlfriend's crew, not my own, so it's going to have to end up looking *nice*.

Any suggestions?

I leaned him a little to the side. Then anchor him with small rocks and other basing material. Or you can custom scratch build a base. Or you could buy one of those bases they make for that type application. Or an insert.

But I agree he is not made to fit on the base straight up and down.

prett much what you said .. build up the base a little..you can minimise the amount of putty you use by usin stones orsimilar to bulk out... It is one of those awkward little moments.. I usually remove tabs on most minis and pin them into mases and both snakes I've done have been heavily converted from their original pose so not sure how bad it is,,,,but a slight raise in the middle of the base should see you right

I'm a pretty big fan of pinning.

You can get a pin vice (like a hand driven drill) from a hobby store.

Just drill a hole, fit a paperclip or some wire in and superglue both ends.

Its pretty unusual to have a model that large that doesn't require pinning.

Just be careful as Wyrd miniatures are quite thin, don't drill through the other side.

cork rock, with a side that "conveniently" fits right along the angle of the tail. And, wouldn't you know it, there's even a perfectly shaped spot that the tab fits into on top. ;)

This is a model that repays for you for giving your bases as much attention as you give them models themselves.