Post your sucessful Guild lists

Raintar

Depends on who I am fighting and the strategies. So in General

I favor Perdita for most battles, except when going against Nicodem(and sometimes Seamus or McMourning). Then its LJ. I can't comment much on Sonnia, she is fun but I don't have a ton of experience with her.

I don't tend to take a totem most times with Guild(they have there uses but I am not a huge fan of any of them)

For units I almost always take Nino and/or Santiago. They tend to pay for themselves almost every game and are fun models. Same can be said about Sameal or the Judge. I usually don't take all 4 of those guys, but at least 2 of the four will show in any guild list I play.

I also like at least one or two Death Marshals. Since they are great low cost shooty units with some melee if needed.

Other then that it really depends on what I feel like.

A mix of Witchling Stalkers and Death Marshals for grunt troops works quite well.

I've only played a few games with my Witch Hunters crew so far, but I want to expand them and try this list when I have the time to play again:

30 SS

LadyJ w 6 SS

Student of Conflict (when Wyrd finally release it) 4 SS

Samael 8 SS

2 Witchling Stalkers 2x4 SS

2 Death Marshals 2x4 SS

Any opinions?

Wow, I'm kind of shocked nobody has said anything about the Guild Guard, they are pretty good too. Especially because of the Halt!/Menace combo that makes you able to move/charge which is pretty brutal and their gun which has an additional flip to damage.

I just really like the Executioner and can't find a decent list to play him with. I've tried doing LJ combat Prowess but it just didn't seem to work very well, but I'd be willing to give it another try.

A succesful list I ran last night at 30 SS in a 3-way battle

Perdita

Nino

Fransisco

Samael

Convict Gunslinger

I would consider removing Fransisco for more head shot action (Hans), but highlights of the game for me included killing:

Lady Taelor

Lady Justice

Rasputina

Ice Golem

2 Ice Gamins

1 Death Marshall

It should be noted that the Lady Justice player did no damage to anyone on the board, as once Lady Justice and Lady Taelor went down in Turn 2, he high tailed it for the corners of the board with his remaining three pieces and did not get into the other combat at all for the rest of the game.

Btw, Samael might be broken.

I've had a lot of success with Austringers. The almost excessive range on an attack that does reasonable damage with two very good triggers is excellent, and Deliver Orders can get you a really good one-two punch on your first activation in the mid-late game.

25SS list I was using:

Sonia Criid

Samael Hopkins

The Judge

2 Austringer

I don't really like Samael that much, although he has his uses. Sonia certainly earned her pay, but the other game I played with Perdita was equally impressive, so I'm going to try LJ as well. I also think I would go down to 1 Austringer, and add in some Death Marshals to fill the gaps. I'll have to give Witchling Stalkers a try; they didn't impress me much on reading them, but maybe they play better (goodness knows Sonia played better than I thought).

I've also played with the entire Ortega family, and Nino was the all star. Papa Loco and Santiago were also very good. I had the reconnoiter mission, and I split the family up for some crossfire action, and my opponent drifted towards Santiago and Papa instead of Fransisco, so he didn't see any action.

Wow, I'm kind of shocked nobody has said anything about the Guild Guard, they are pretty good too. Especially because of the Halt!/Menace combo that makes you able to move/charge which is pretty brutal and their gun which has an additional flip to damage.

True, I think part of the problem is the natural reluctance by a lot of people to not play with proxied models.

Really? The 3 Rapid Fire Flaming Bullet attacks do nothing for you? If they all hit, that is 15 Dg minimum...

Yeah but you need to cast flaming bullets, and drop a card for rapid fire. Plus he needs to hit with his gun. I'm not saying hes bad, but he can eat up cards really quick.

Yeah but you need to cast flaming bullets, and drop a card for rapid fire. Plus he needs to hit with his gun. I'm not saying hes bad, but he can eat up cards really quick.

This. He was failing 4 out of the 5 casts before Cheat Fate. Judge casting Blades and Bullets ended up doing much more consistent damage for me, and Bullets and Blades was nearly as good as Flaming Bullets into Rapid Shot without dropping a card for the Rapid Shot. As soon as Samael got into melee he got destroyed, but he was getting focused by a lot of models, so I can't really blame that on him.

What it really boiled down to was he needs you to pitch a reasonable card (a 9+ I believe? my book isn't handy) and a bad card most turns in order to make him worth his points. In my battle with him, I just needed those cards for Sonia too much to burn them on him, making him a bad Ortega.

I'm sure he's better against armies with higher CA, but I was getting a lot more mileage out of the Judge, and about the same damage out of Austringers, with the bonus of Deliver Orders.

Yeah I have to admit, I was not impressed by either Judge or Samael Hopkins which turned me off to the GUild. Samael is such a threat because of all the damage you know he does that he seems to get picked off or tied up every fight rendering him useless. Judge didn't do it for me either because he requires a suit to do anything cool and if you don't get it or have it then he's just 7 points of mediocrity. Honestly, if I'm spending 7 points for one model it's going to be the Executioner for sure, 4 MINIMUM damage paired is scary and that's certainly not all of his good attributes.

I like the Judge a LOT in Lady Justice lists that run Scales of Justice, as the ability to draw an extra card gives you another chance to see a card that turns Judge on, but I'd agree he's only so-so otherwise. His ability to instantly kill totems at a very long range with Judgment is cute, and he's obviously very strong against undead, but without a 5+ of Masks in hand, you're basically paying 7 points for a melee combatant with mediocre stats and Flurry.

I just played him in a list with Scales, and it was quite good, every time he would have attacked, I pulled off Blades and Bullets or Bullets and Blades due to my 7 card hand off of Scales.

@Jadin, I'm not doubting Samael Hopkins killing ability. My problem with him is that he is an all or nothing kind of unit. If you tie him up he's done and that's 8 points that you wasted. And when you play against someone who knows that, they are going to make it rough for you.

All I have at this point is the Ortega box, but I have had a lot of success with it, even against the Ressurectionists. Adding an Executioner (proxy for now) helps to keep those dead things dead.

I don't really see a lot of value in the totems yet, but I have not tried them either. I'll probably pick up something like the Lady J box soon for some vareity.

I've got all the guild stuff so far, so I do a fair amount of mixing and matching. But the stand outs, for me so far at least are the witchling stalkers.

I love those little fellas, they always do really well for me and my mates end up targeting them first alot of the time now, which gives me more time to move the bigger guys into good positions.

• 2 weeks later...

Having played in a local tournament last Saturday, I played the following list 3 times. I went 2-8-8 in VPs, announcing all my Schemes. Rounds went: Reconnoiter, Treasure Hunt, Treasure Hunt. I went Raid! and Holdout all three times. I'd choose to switch Raid! to Thwart depending on my opponent's objectives.

This List: (30ss)

Perdita Ortega

Nino Ortega

Samael Hopkins

Death Marshall

Death Marshall

Witchling Stalker

I played against Som'er Teeth, Lilith, and Zoraida. Not knowing Som'er Teeth and the Gremlin outcasts, I'd have chosen a different scheme then Raid!, but I'm still new. Samael was a rockstar for me, taking out a Mature Nephilim on Turn 2 in the second game with two attacks, doing 5 damage each. Nino was also really good, almost killing Lilith on Turn 1 companion'd with Perdita.

• 4 weeks later...