Anyone want to part with Gremlinette

glacius

I think they had posted that they were going to discontinue the promotion to encourage shopping at FLGS'. Iirc it was a reply in the December release topic.

The special edition miniature is a way for us to have a bit of fun and honestly is a marketing run for us as well (anyone saying otherwise would be less than truthful).

That said, we want to make certain the distributors and retailers are supported properly, which means not setting ourselves up to take the sales away from retailers. We'll always keep the online store open for the simple fact that not everyone has access to a store carrying Wyrd product, but at the same time we don't want to put ourselves in competition with retailers as it is at the retail level where Malifaux, or any game for that matter, needs to be grown with a consumer/fan base.

Will we offer website or convention only specials in the future - very likely, but not at the expense of distributors and retailers which we're working hard to cultivate in order to make certain that Wyrd product gets where it needs to.

Found the post by Nathan, it's page 4 of the November releases.

Edited by Brian_conatser

No worries, just thought I had read something about it somewhere. That being said, I absolutely love how the Gremlinette looks. I'm sorry to see them discontinue this type of promotion if that is what the post that I quoted actually means. I do understand where Wyrd is coming from though. Hope to get an official announcement on the promotion by Nathan though with a potential clarification.

• 2 weeks later...
No worries, just thought I had read something about it somewhere. That being said, I absolutely love how the Gremlinette looks. I'm sorry to see them discontinue this type of promotion if that is what the post that I quoted actually means. I do understand where Wyrd is coming from though. Hope to get an official announcement on the promotion by Nathan though with a potential clarification.

I'm glad to read that post, actually. During December I was tempted to place all my orders through the website to get the gremlinette, but I ultimately decided to order through my local store in the hopes they would start carrying Malifaux regularly. (they have)

Nathan is right, the heart and soul of the gaming business is the FLGS.

I missed out on the gremlinette though. :(

Anyone else willing to part with one? Once the OP has gotten his of course, just shoot me a PM.

Edit: found someone with one.

Edited by Justin