30 Stone Games - Sonnia and...?

Achilles

Alrighty, so I've been reading through the tacticas and reworking lists to try to plan what models to paint next. I'm kinda in-between right now.

I love the Witchlings... so much so that I already painted six of the little beggars. That being said, it seems to me that I'm ideally going to get them into the game by using Violation of Magic and that I'm probably quite well off only including 1 or 2 in my basic list so as to have some options but not over-do it.

I'm definitely going to include Sam as my primary shooter... but I also like the ideas of Death Marshals as if they're about to die I can violate them into Witchlings that come in unactivated and with full wounds! That seems like a double-dip that works out well. So now I think these tree models are probably going to be next on my painting block.

Finally are the Guild Guards. I've got two blisters of Reavers of Alahan that I'm deeply considering converting into these guys this week as they seem like an interesting middle ground. I really like Cordon as it could keep melee guys away from my Master if they're threatening and they seem like they're in between the shooting and Melee of the Marshalls and Witchlings.

So what to do next? My base 'wants' are...

Sonnia

Sammael (8ss)

The Executioner (7ss)

2 Witchlings (8ss)

That leaves me with seven soul-stones. I could potentially take another witchling or a marshal and 3 extras... or a marshal/witchling and a Governor's proxy. I'm not super-sure what the Proxy's role would be however...

Any help?

Edited by Achilles

Yes they were, sorry about that! :)

Sorry, I assumed I could cast Violation on my own models as I'm a Warmachine player and well used to attacking my own stuff if need be. :) Is that wrong?

You can cast it on your models, because the wording don't say enemy models only. Also, the rulebook says that you can attack your own models, except your master.

Mmm... this tactic would seem to mean I wouldn't want to include the Governor's proxy would I?

How's this for a 30 Stone list...

Sonnia

2 Stalkers (8SS)

Executioner (7SS)

Sammael Hopkins (8SS)

Papa Loco (6SS)

So that gives me 5 Stones in my pool. Basic plan is that the Stalkers flank together and when they start to get injured I violate them back to full health with Sonnia. Sam bodyguards her advance and lays down good covering fire and Pops just heads off like a cruise missile towards the largest concentration of things he can see.

Criticisms or advice?