Magnifier?

Talishko

I find the spatial distortion to be irritating. You have to relearn how to move the brush, since the distance you need to move isn't the same as what you're actually seeing, due to magnification.

I have the same problems too.

I find that the quality of the light is more important when painting details.

Really interesting to see great painters on both sides... looks like it's one of those love-it-or-hate-it things.

In the mean time I went down the safer road and bought one that can be used with lid-on as a normal light. The light is very good and it barely warms up, so I'm happy with it. The lens truely is a bit weird so I won't start getting used to it now but who knows, I might loose some dioptries over time...

Thanks for all comments. :tea:

I used to use a standing light / magnifier - hated it. Switched to good light, very good vision and lots of eyestrain - hated it. Noticed in the last couple of years close objects are blurry, half-arm's-length is too far away for the fine details. Switched to an OptiVisor - love it, can't paint eyes on a mini without it.