Malifaux in Toronto

KingMob

They're nice. Great basement, a huge improvement over the old place.

I was going to ask him about carrying the line today, but a staff meeting at work kept me from making it. I'll either email him or ask him next week.

Since I'd like to make DG an official demo locale (like I did back in the day for Battlefield Evolution), I hope he does!

**Edit**

So Wayne IS carrying the line. Wicked.

Now we definitely have to get something off the ground.

Edited by mrborges
New info

• 3 weeks later...

Our first "official" Malifaux meet-up at the Dueling Grounds is now set for Thursday, January 14th, 6-10 pm. There will be plenty of sample crews to try out.

Hope to see GTA players out in force!

EDIT: please see the most recent post in this thread for scheduling change info.

Edited by KingMob

• 2 weeks later...

We had a great turnout of 7 people last night for our inaugural Thursday Throwdown. Every faction was represented, fun was had by all and the bad puns came thick and fast!

The Malifaux in Toronto Facebook page has been updated with some pics.

We've also decided to make the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of every month at the Dueling Grounds our regular Malifaux night, splitting our time between this and Warmahordes for maximum gaming satisfaction!

It's the start of something beautiful....:bigthumb:

Well; I haven't seen the new digs for DG yet... this might give me an excuse to. Is Wayne carrying the line?

They had rulebooks and one or two starter sets before Christmas but I think those have all been sold. I've heard (not from Wayne, mind you) that getting Malifaux stuff north of the border is challenging. Take that with a sufficient grain of salt as, again, this was scuttlebutt, not from any retailer's mouth directly.

Steve at Meeplemart (meeplemart.com) in the East End of Toronto has also begun a regular Malifaux night. Every Tuesday is a "Minimeet," where we will have a theme of some sort being played. So far we've had both Malifaux and Infinity played, with more to come, but it looks as if every second Tuesday will be Malifaux night.

The next such night will be February 2nd.

It's great we've now got two great locations, one in the east and one in the west, that are running/allowing Malifaux nights!

Werd,

It was great to meet some of you last night at meeplemart. Got to watch a bunch of games at once and fell in love with the feel and gameplay.

I stayed up ‘till 1am last night getting my Mercs assembled. My Vikkies and their Crew will be ready for the next Malafaux night!

See ya ‘round,

Dosadi