4 Round Tourney Report - Saemus FTW

DireTrollJake

First off, sorry for the fuzziness and choppy report, I'm not the type to remember play by play, but figured this was worth writing SOMETHING for once.

My list was:

Saemus

1 Belle

2 Punk Zombies

Sybelle

Convict Gunslinger

6 Soul Stones

Round 1, I played against Ramos, Brass Arrachnid, Joss, Steamborg and 2 Gamin. I had Treasure Hunter, he had Assassinate. I announced Body Guard on Saemus.

Game is a bit fuzzy but highlights were 2nd turn, Belle grabbing the Treasure and a Zombie charging the Steamborg after spending many soulstones to keep Saemus from taking an early out. I got the disengage thanks to a soulstone. In the end, I had gotten both VP and slit the Steamborgs Jugular for an extra casualty. I killed both Gamin, Steamborg, and he got the Convict and both Punks. I made 1 fresh Belle.

Round 2 was vs Lyllith, Mature Neph, Candy, Sorrow, Convict.

I had Assassinate, he had Claim Jump. We flipped for a graveyard right in the middle of the claim, to which I never bothered with. Turn 2, he switched my Sybelle with his Neph from pretty far away while Lyl hid behind a rock on the other side of Saemus. She then flew over it, making him engaged by her 2" but her not his 1". Same for the Neph, on opposite sides, so I couldn't use my ranged, and couldn't engage either without taking a disengage strike. He got me down to 1 wound due to my using all 6 SS and Hard to Kill. Candy then poisoned him. I thought I was done for. So, I activate my Punk, Flurry, hit with 2/3 attacks, dealing enough to drop the Neph (unexpected) and dropped my from Punk as planned by black blood, giving me 2 health, total of 4 and 2 more cards in hand. Let me live a bit longer. Activated Saemus, gave his stuff -2 WP, put up my Terror 14 spell, Candy and her Sorrow failed. Lyl passed. She proceeded to Seamus and charge my Convict who was on her Claim, but spent the turn burning through soul stones to make sure hits were landing, leaving her vulnerable to a charge from Sybelle and a Belle, dropping her. No Bodyguard, but got the scenario.

Round 3 was Slaughter on Slaughter, mirror match tho he had 2 Belle's and 1 Punk. We did corner deployment and the element was a 3" piece that gave +2 to spell cast and resist when in it. By second turn, he had put Saemus down to 2 wounds do to a win on initiative and going crazy offensive. While he was focusing this, I managed to use Rapid Fire on the Convict to put a nice dent in things and the Punks tore thru his army. He made a Bell that I took down with Saemus, who proceeded to take his 4 WD and head get out of there! He proceeded to climb on top of a giant rock formation and rain bullets into my army, bring Saemus back down low again, which was annoying because my .50 Flintlock wasn't enough to kill him in exchange. After much thinking and wading Zombies through Zombies, it was that Convict and Saemus vs my Convict, 1 Punk, 2 Belles and Saemus wounded bad. I decided to stand a Belle in the center effect, casting Lure at a base stat 10, making the Convict walk off a cliff, taking 4 damage for the kill. From there, it was him running his master to a far corner to avoid me getting full 4 VP, took 2 and 2 for Body Guard.

Round 4, played vs Teeth, Warpig, 3 Piglets, 1 Whisperer and 2 Gremlins. He deployed his pigs as a big hammer on my left, and the Gremlins as a gang on the opposite side. He gave them all flight, set sail toward me. I lured his Whisperer twice, out of Pig range, and shot him once with Saemus for 4 dmg. Next turn, he Stampeded, and did this very smart. He put the Warpig at the Whisperer, cheated it low, forcing the piglets to not have LOS to the Whisperer and going at my meat wall of Samurai and Hoes. He didn't kill anything, and I retaliated killing all of the Piglets in 1 turn, and taking down the whisperer with Saemus. I then charged the Warpig with a Punk, which he ate. Next turn, I turned the Samurai into a Belle to tie him up for the Stampede, which he then used Souie and the calming 0 cast to end it's Stampede. Because of it's stampede, it was unable to heal up. I then charged all my undead in on the pig, taking it down and proceeded to hunt down the Gremlins. First thing, I capped Teeth, triggered excessive bleeding, making him insignificant and dead as far as scenario goes. After that, he ran his 1 remaining Gremlin away, which my Punk hunted down with ease.

In the end, we had two of us, myself and Paradox at 4-0, I think he may have had me by 2 VP if my calculations are right, but it was determined by strength of schedule, which one of his opponents dropped. It happens. Either way, quite proud of myself for piloting this well with an army I just picked up 5 days prior and tested 3 games before hand.

And here by the prize: (I hope you didn't think I'd PLAY with it!)

img00127.jpg

Edited by Godspeed