NOV. NBR: Perdita vs Nico

AntiZombie

Nicodem was never a big fan of Seamus. He didn’t do things in a manner befitting one of the dark arts; but Nicodem could not help but investigate into what Seamus had told him. There was a mine that the Union had abandoned a few months ago. Allegedly Seamus had wandered across it in his many travels and searches and reported to Nico (that’s what he called Nicodem, much to the necromancer’s chagrin) that there were quite a few corpses buried in the mine. The minerals of the earth had, for the most part, preserved the bodies exceptionally well. They were all men though, so Seamus had not lingered on the site for long.

To Nicodem the prospect was too appealing to pass up. The guild’s iron fist had been wandering into the Quarantine Zone and keeping him from the bodies he would have like to ‘induct’ into his cause for a while now. Thus he was running low on what he liked to call “supplies”.

Nicodem, per his usual modus operandi, decided to approach the ruins at night. He brought along a few of his more visceral zombie subjects as well as the trusted gravedigger Mortimer. He could see the large entrance to the abandoned mine ahead. The Union had built a very impressive building around the entrance. It had a hole in the south wall which marked an old explosion that must have emanated from the mine’s previous life. The hole is where he would enter the mine and begin his craft.

- - - -

What Seamus had not told Nicodem was that the guild also had designs on the abandoned mine. They had reports that an explosion had revealed an underground room with some questionable volumes of literature inside. The guild had stumbled upon this information in no small part thanks to Seamus (not directly of course). Sonnia had come upon the information and promptly dispatched the Ortegas for the dirty job of the recovery of these tomes.

When Perdita got the commission she left immediately. She brought the whole family. She figured that anything that was so important that it required 24 hour travel had to be reasonably significant. Plus, she figured Papa could blow off some smoke out there in the country, get some of those explosives out of his system; what better place than an old mine?

The family arrived late, it had been dark for hours now. The Union station surrounding the mine was in front of them. They approached from the north. The only visible entrance was the original door on the East side of the building. Her eyes surveyed the scene shrewdly, she saw nothing of great import, so she darted to the entrance with Francisco and Santiago close behind. Papa and Nino went around the West per Perdita’s request. Just to cover them on the off chance someone else was here in the darkness with them.

- - - -

Nicodem had his zombies advance forward as quickly as possible. He knew night was fleeting and he wanted a base set up before morning. While he knew Seamus to be reliable he also knew that cursed little leprachaun usually had alterior motives and was wont to keep some of the information to himself. He had Mortimer busy himself digging a few bodies up for Nicodem.

- - - -

Papa saw it first, a shambling skinny silhouette of a man on the south side of the building. Nino saw it second, but only because papa began running forward hollering. Nino cursed and he saw the fuses light. The next thing Nino saw was a giant explosion eminate from Papa. The only problem was that the shambling men, there were now three, where still upright, but papa was down on one knee cursing.

Nino panicked. He let loose with boomer targeting the man sized creature next to papa. He could see the swords now. Boomer connected sending the zombie back a few feet but the strafe hit Papa, causing another large explosion. The difference this time was that both Papa and one of the shambling mounds fell to the ground.

“No…” Nino cried quietly, “ Papa, im sorry…”

- - - -

Perdita had herd it; Papa’s explosions, Boomer. Something was going down. She was in the building now rooting around the many books scattered onto the floor. The miners had apparently brought the forgotten tombs up from the mine before abandoning it. She found what she was looking for and booked for the door. She had to get the book outside and to safety. Shed worry about the other obvious problems later.

“Santiago, Francisco,” she barked “ guard the door!, whoever is out there harassing Papa and Nino will be coming through the hole in the wall back there!” She pointed at the South wall.

“Yes mama.” Francisco Smiled.

Perdita Bolted out of the building. Her family was important but she didn’t get to where she was today by putting the Guild second.

- - - -

Niocdem was annoyed. He suspected some one would show up here but never figured it would be the Ortegas. And already the crazy old man had blown up one of his Zombies. No matter he though. Then he uttered some words under his breathe as Mortimer looked up from his digging. The body of the fallen Zombie and Papa Ortega began to stir and eventually stand up. Nicodem smiled. The night may be fleeting but it was his and his alone. Cowboys were not welcome.

- - - -

Santiago and Francisco saw the zombies come in, swords shining in the dim moonlight cast through the hole in the wall. They didn’t know if they had been spotted yet. Francisco crouched at the door, peacebringer out, with Santiago behind him aiming over his shoulder. The Ortegas opened fire. Down went the bodies, but just as a sense of satisfaction washed over them the bodies got right back up, courtesy of Nicodem (still out of sight). The zombies moved fast then. They charged Santiago and Francisco. The two held out as long as they could but it was no use. The Zombies just kept getting back up and the swords kept cutting into their flesh. Eventually both of the Ortegas fell to the ground lifeless…

- - - -

The screams of her brother and cousin echoed in Perdita’s ears. She was beginning to regret her commitment to the guild. She ventured that she was far enough away and hid the dusty old tomb next to an old blown out wall. She then darted towards Nino; he was the closest and there was no telling what kind of trouble Papa would get into.

As Perdita Sprinted forward she saw something round the corner towards Nino. She knew it instantly; it was the work of a resurectionist. She cursed under her breath as she laid it out with her revolver before it reached Nino.

“Nino, what hap-“

“Perdita! Papa! Papa is dead!”

Perdita was horrified. She new her father would die one day but she didn’t think it would be like this. Her Horror grew as she saw the body that was attacking Nino, the one that she had shot dead, belonged to her Father.

Perdita was shaken, but she was angry too. She never broke pace as she rounded the corner of the building. Her speed carried her into a skid on the turn and she saw a tall dark man in a large top had on the opposite end of the building. Perdita knew it was a resurectionist, she flew forward at him, Nino behind her ready to cover her charge.

- - - -

Nicodem was calm. He saw the Ortega girl round the corner. He saw the man behind her readying his gun. She was halfway towards him before he started uttering the old words. Suddenly the girl Froze, and Nicodem smiled as horror and rage passed over her face.

“Go take care of it Mortimer”

“Ye’sir” Mortimer replied as he moved forward with his shovel. On his approach a few more bodies rose from the ground as Nicodem chanted while walking towards the building.

Suddenly the sound of gunfire rang out and Nicodems shoulder surged with pain. He looked down to see a very unsightly tear in his coat and blood dripping from his wound. The young man Behind Ms. Ortega had found his mark. Nicodem stepped up his pace to join his creations in the building and find some cover. “this is entirely bothersome” thought Nicodem as he entered the building.

- - - -

She saw the unsightly man approaching with his shovel two angry zombies following behind. She knew what was coming but she couldn’t move. She fought and right before the shovel fell upon her she ducked and fired three times. The gravedigger fell, looking quite stunned. Unfortuantly for Perdita the zombies were quick to follow the fat man and cut her down quickly and unceremoniously. Nino could only watch in horror, tears streaming down his face, as his cousin fell to the ground.

- - - -

Seamus approached from the North swinging his briefcase of horrors while he almost skipped through the dark dusty landscape. He had heard the explosions and gunfire and smiled. Then he saw the dusty book lying on the ground right where Perdita had left it and started laughing.

“Well done Nico” Seamus said smiling “ and here I thought I was gonna have to shoot those darn Ortega’s myself. You really outdid yourself old boy.” Of course nobody was around but Seamus didn’t care, all he cared about was that nobody knew he had his shiny new gift…

Battle Stats and such:

Guild: Perdita Box

Resurectionist: Nico Box

Mine, alone in the dark and Magic nexus

Stratagies and schemes

Guild: Treasure hunt: Raid

Resurectionist: Claim jump: Body guard Not anounced

Results

Guild: 4 pts - Resurectionists 5 pts

Turn one: all parties advanced ( got some exume on)

Turn two:Perdita steals the treasure and the slow moving undead keep truckin forward.

Turn Three: Papa loco trys to "take ya with me" Vs three zombies samurai and just hurts himself. Nino fires into combat and blows papa up, one zombie falls. Nico resurects him and perdita drops off the treasure.

Turn four: Zombie Vs Francico: zombie dies and comes back francisco is hurting. People move into three

Turn five: Zombies kill off Santiago and francisco and nico paralyzes perdita. Nino rips into Nico, nico moves to cover and mortimer charges Perdita ( to no Avail)

Turn six: some zombies come back, surround the paralyzed perdita.

Turn 7 ( cause we drew a face card) Nico moves to better cover and perdita lays out mortimer. Zombies finish off Perdita. Last turn game over.