Malifaux Battle Reports in Character - Prizes awarded monthly!

Nathan Caroland

There have been some very excellent battle reports (batreps) done in character recently and we've really enjoyed reading them and would love to see more!

To that end we are going to do run a monthly contest for in-character narrative battle reports where you give us the run down on one of your games in character as well as give us the overall details of how the turns went.

Here are a couple of great examples by Massaen and Jesters89.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8839

http://www.wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8340

Yeah .. what do I get for the trouble you say? Well, duh ... goodies.

Once a month we'll swarm through the narrative battle reports for that month and select three folks at random to get freebie from Wyrd. This can be anything from a free miniature, fate deck, box set, special edition miniatures or even a pre-release of something coming up - whatever fickle fate decides at the time.

How do you participate .. well, obviously you write up the narrative battle report first, and then you post it here in the Battle Report section of the forums. When you create the thread you need to start it with the month followed by NBR (so for November it would be NOV. NBR or December it would be DEC. NBR). This will help us locate the battle reports quickly for the months ahead.

Looking forward to seeing more of these!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aaaaand .. because I'm just now digging myself out from under the work load, I'm posting these extremely late, please accept my apologies.

DEC is only going to get two folks due to the fact that we're not going to send out goodies to the same people month by month and we didn't have enough other participants. We'll add in a little addendum to the lot saying you can't win in consecutive months.

Chosen at random.

DEC

• Mrborges
  • Massaen

JAN

• Highbrow
  • Foxhound
  • Apollyon

Contact me via e-mail (nathan@wyrd-games.net) and we'll get something out to you.

On a side note, apparently the NOV winners didn't receive their prizes despite them being put on a list to have goodies sent out along with orders. Either they got waylaid in transit or one of the ladies in the warehouse decided they wanted a secret pen pal - I take no responsibility if you start getting mushy love letters. If you didn't get your reward for participation, drop me a line and we'll take care of you.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Yeah me too because after a really poor game I played yesterday with my Ortegas I am writing a batrep explaining they did so bad because they were hung over after there cousins wedding the night before. I was playing with Grandma O and had he Shotgun wedding the Executioner. My mind is racing of the ideas of what that wedding looked like.

Ya I also really would like to have an excuse to write this type of fan fiction as well. Just lost a game, but I have a really good idea of how to write a bat rep in character using it, because the end of the game had som'r teeth running away from sonnia, and sonnia didnt die, but I lost due to victory points.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...