RISE of DECEMBER - 30 point Scrap at RIW Hobbies - Livonia MI Dec 12

nerdelemental

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...only because of what I saw and made a periphery judgement call. Godspeed, I think you'd have been in the running, too. And in all fairness, several other pieces I saw during the day were worthy of a second look and some may have had painted pieces in the bag that won the day.

Whatever. next time.

Yeah - real life just came up and got everyone, it seems! This time of year will do that to you. I had originally planned the event to run closer to the end of November, first weekend in December but put it back when Pandemonium announced their's just several days before I was ready to post mine and thought it'd be best for everyone to postpone it. I don't blame anyone that had other commitments derail their plans. I had a great time and loved everyone in the room. With lower numbers it's much easier to keep track of everything, keep everything running smoothly, and - most important to me - get to talk to everyone and know what's going on.

I had a really fun day.

Hey all I had a great time, thank you.

My first game was against Mike. I took Lady J, 2 death marshals, Samael, Nino, and a witchling. Samael was cut in half the second turn from a mature Nephilim, Lady J took down 2 Mature Nephilim, and Lilith herself. Thank you Mike for teaching me how to play Lilith better.

The second game was against Godspeed. My crew was Perdita, 2 death marshals, 1 witchling, nino, and the executioner. Seamus ran forward a little to much very early in the game. Everything shot at him that turn, and could not kill him. I was very lucky and got to go first the next turn, and Seamus fell to nino. If I would have lost init or if Seamus was a little more back, that game would have gone to the wire.

The third game was against Brian. We had the same list except I took a witchling instead of 3 death marshals, and it made all the difference (not really but it sounds cool) The turning point as paperbagfox said was when his nino shot my perdita. I had my nino take out his (the imposter) nino. The center of the board was open for the most part, and I was able to cut down his units as they came to me after that. Brian was very fun to play, and it was another very good game.

Thank you all for the warm welcome, and I hope I can make it up there again. I know that I won't be at the top spot again, but I will try to keep you all on your toes.

BTW: Paradox it was great meeting you also.

ALSO a BIG thank you to Nerd for running the event!:cheer2:

I'm sure that I need to edit this for spelling.

Edited by Fool

Here is what I ran for the games,

Game 1 vs. Luke. I took Perdita, Papa Loco, Nino, Samael, and a Death Marshal. Used Papa for what he is .... a BOMB, took out three Marshals in one turn with help from Nino. Nino took out Nino with one action (trigger of Trigger Happy helps). Perdita took out Justice with some help from Samael. Jumped on the Claim and that was game.

Game 2 vs. Mike. Like the first I took Perdita, Samael, Nino, and this game I took 3 Witching Stalkers. Mike used the Hag (first time playing against her and the first Mike played her). The game was run, Mike used Conduit on Nino, which in turn took out Samael by him self. Perdita made the snowman and made him run away, then took out Bad Juju. After that is was back and forth. Mike thanks again for the game, I ended up taking her as one of my boxes.

Game 3 vs. Gary (Fool). As stated above I took Perdita, Sam, Nino, 3 Marshals. Even till turn 3 when I lost my Nino and thats when it all changed. Great game thanks again Fool, it was nice to end the day with that game.

Nerd thanks again for the day of fun.

Here's the ranking!

1. Fool playing Guild with Lady J and Perdita lists

2. paperbagfox - Guild with Perdita (and a Sonnia list once?)

3. Steiner - Arcanist with Ramos

4. jmp_mydog - Resurrectionists - ran Seamus every list, I think

5. Chuck - Guild with Lady Justice throughout IIRC

6. Godspeed - ran Res with Seamus all day. No, McMourning at least once with a beefcake flesh golem conversion.

7. Casto - Arcanists with Rasputina spamming tons of pillars.

8. Jeff - Mr.hobbito - Guild.

9. MBowsher - Neverborn. Ran all three masters. Zoraida for the first time at the event, I hear.

10. Luke Bowsher - Guild

Here's the ranking!

1. Fool playing Guild with Lady J and Perdita lists

2. paperbagfox - Guild with Perdita (and a Sonnia list once?)

3. Steiner - Arcanist with Ramos

4. jmp_mydog - Resurrectionists - ran Seamus every list, I think

5. Chuck - Guild with Lady Justice throughout IIRC

6. Godspeed - ran Res with Seamus all day. No, McMourning at least once with a beefcake flesh golem conversion.

7. Casto - Arcanists with Rasputina spamming tons of pillars.

8. Jeff - Mr.hobbito - Guild.

9. MBowsher - Neverborn. Ran all three masters. Zoraida for the first time at the event, I hear.

10. Luke Bowsher - Guild

11. Paradox - no show

Fixed it for you:poke: