Daddy i want one, i want one now!

I like the idea of sleeves for cards, but the most needful thing would seem to be a set of 3-dimensional tokens for scrap and corpse counters. Perhaps they could be cast in a cheaper resin (since one might well need quite a lot of them). They could be done as base inserts and then they could pull double-duty as scenic bases as well.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of sleeves for cards, but the most needful thing would seem to be a set of 3-dimensional tokens for scrap and corpse counters. Perhaps they could be cast in a cheaper resin (since one might well need quite a lot of them). They could be done as base inserts and then they could pull double-duty as scenic bases as well.

why 3-D when models can occupy the space on top of the counters, flat/2-D ones as punch out tokens or a page in the back of the next rulebook (that we can photocopy) would be better.

better designed stat cards (similar to most other minigames like Warmachine/Confrontation) that can fit in regular sleeves.

Pink Faction Deck.

Malifaux carry case (yes Battlefoam is releasing one next month but i want it now!).

More creepy Neverborn children models.

Pink Faction Deck.

Alternate sculpts for non-unique models (I'm specifically thinking of the flesh construct, sabretooth and razorspine, but anything else with just one sculpt that a crew is likely to have 2+ of as well).

why 3-D when models can occupy the space on top of the counters, flat/2-D ones as punch out tokens or a page in the back of the next rulebook (that we can photocopy) would be better.

I disagree. When you have exquisitely-modeled figures and terrain, why have flat boring tokens? 3-D counters make the game board look better and help provide a more immersive gaming experience.

better designed stat cards (similar to most other minigames like Warmachine/Confrontation) that can fit in regular sleeves.

As an aging gamer....I appreciate the cards just the way they are. Nice clear text at a font I can read and all the rules are there.....pure awesome in my book. One of the reasons I don't play WarMachine is the cards. Not the only reason mind you. But, a big one.

They all ready make sleeves in the size needed for Malifaux. They are roughly 5"x3.5" and are often called top loaders or post card top loaders. Several companies make these items including Ultrapro and BCW Supplies. We carry them at the shop I work at and sell them individually or in packs of 20.

The ones I use have a little space at the top & side that's not covered by the card and I use my wet erase pens to scribble down soul stone totals and other counters. Then there's no tokens in the way on the table and if my opponent needs to see anything about my model then he/she can check the card and clearly see how many of each item are there plus stats and current health.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Can they? Is this in the rulebook? If so where, as I have missed it. I had assumed that as the counters were on a base they occupied space...

Thanks

It's in the first section, in the definition of token...

They can overlap themselves, stack, and don't block movement or LOS. When placed, they cant overlap a models base, but models can move through/over them.

They all ready make sleeves in the size needed for Malifaux. They are roughly 5"x3.5" and are often called top loaders or post card top loaders. Several companies make these items including Ultrapro and BCW Supplies. We carry them at the shop I work at and sell them individually or in packs of 20.

The ones I use have a little space at the top & side that's not covered by the card and I use my wet erase pens to scribble down soul stone totals and other counters. Then there's no tokens in the way on the table and if my opponent needs to see anything about my model then he/she can check the card and clearly see how many of each item are there plus stats and current health.

I use dragonshield sleeves, myself, but same idea.

Plush voodoo dolls would be adorable, so I have to nth the idea. Also:

- Wooden plank bases/base inserts

- For the Puppet Wars models seen in the case at GenCon to be released! Even better than plush form, in my opinion-- less space taken up, since of course I'd have to collect them all. :D

- More showgirls! .. With pretty costumes. ..Please.

Since malifaux is somehow settled in the wild west, some native americans are needed, there is a movie with tommy lee jones, "the missing" i think is the name, where a very nasty and terrifying witch doctor appears, some crew with this motto will be awesome.

• 4 weeks later...
A little Wonka for ya

Well, it says wish list so here goes..........

-stat card sleeves, with either faction name, faction symbol, wyrd or a combination on the other side. I figured a black background but color co-ordination works too

-OR resized and formatted cards to fit all sleeves

-shirts with faction name and symbol (have seen pics), or tell me where they are on the store site because i can't find them

-spell counters, 50mm ring, damage counters.....litko for now but don't YOU want my money

-art pages/posters of the world and characters (see book is coming yay!)

-ice bases ('tina player)

-faction pictured decks, instead of generic with clor stripe you would have the faction symbol and the actual pictures would be faction pics. Red joker could be a pick of the 3 masters and the black could be ab anti-union (arcanists) strike. just ideas, i'm sure you have better

+1, some more themed accessories would be sweet. Still waiting on my Battlefoam bag.

However, Ice Bases are available already from Dark Age and Back-2-Base-Ix.

Spell counters/Damage counters/templates are easy homemade jobs.

Soul stones are available from a number of retailers, simply use the same items that WM players use for focus.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Would really really like larger sized cards (the jumbo size you can buy which are about A5 size or smaller are great) for those of use whose eyesight isn't so great. Just a plain card with a number and the symbol of what it is would be great. I really need something easy to read.

Copy machine with a 200% enlarge setting? Should be less than $1 per card at a Staples or something.

True but that also leaves a hassle of cutting them out exactly the same to ensure that they are all uniform (so no chance of having marked cards) and also means they won't have a pattern on the back. Would rather just buy a larger set.

Though I have been thinking of asking a local printer how much it would cost to have my own designed deck made...