Seamus vs Zoriada 35ss

DangerousBeans

I should point out that we brought our forces along without knowing what Strategies we had. Next time we'll flip first and build our crews to cater.

Seamus w/3ss

Sybelle

2 x Belle

2 x Punk Zombies

Necropunk

Flesh Construct

Strategy - Treasure Hunt

Zoriada w/6ss

Juju

3 x Silurids

3 x Terror Tots

Strategy - Slaughter

Right off the bat, Zoriada made a Voodoo Doll which connected to Sybelle, who promptly ran in and did some damage on the Punk standing in front of her. The Necropunk legged it forward towards the treasure and the belles failed to lure the Silurids (I know, drawing nothing but aces and 2's for casting and had a good hand I didn't want to waste so early in the game).

Juju appears on the right flank, lining up against a punk, sybelle and a belle. Zoriada Obeys Sybelle again who charges the Belle on the other flank, leaving a big gap! Seamus is bewitched and fails to cast "Face of Death" twice. The damaged Punk Zombie charges Juju for 5 damage - nice! The Belle tried to get some licks in too but failed to do anything. The necropunk grabbed the treasure and leaped to safety. The Silurids spread out to cover Zoriada and set up for some leaps next turn. The Terror tots engage across the board but fail to do anything significant.

The Silurids leap into the necropunk with the treasure and take him down to 1 wound (after some fantastic flipping on my part), one final attack for the kill, he flips the red joker. Crap! I don't have anything high enough in my hand to beat that and trepidatiously flip my card..... RED JOKER!!!! Safe for another turn! There was much rejoicing. Juju flattens a belle and a punk zombie, the Flesh Construct devours a terror tot and moves towards Zoriada and her stupid doll.

A belle lures a silurid out of melee with the necropunk and kills it, then lures another but fails to hurt it. Sybelle fails to kill the 3rd catfishman. The Silurids activate, and kill the necropunk after leaping out of melee with the belle. Damn! Seamus raises another Belle and takes a potshot at Juju, doing minimal damage. The Flesh construct makes it into melee with Zoriada, but can't touch her. The punk zombie kills the final terror tot.

Not much happens this turn, a lot of flapping about but nothing significant happens. We have to call it a game there due to the club closing.

final results: I get 2vp's for the treasure being in my DZ, and 2 for Bodyguard (Seamus). He scores 2 vp from one of his schemes although I forget which one. Win for the Resi's!

If he'd know he would have slaughter he would have used Lilith, and it would have been a very different game!

Zoriada's a pain in the arse! Seamus rules!

lol in my group we usually finish the game in good order, maybe because we know the people closing the store and they are too busy distracted by the store computer to notice what time it is lol.

Zoraida has plenty of tricks to toy with the enemy but none that can really cause damage outright (aside from making another model obey her). Some of the tricks that i have noticed is casting repulsive either on herself (to push enemies out of combat with her so she can run away). Or making a voodoo doll out of someone and cast repulsive on them so it destroys battle lines and sets them up easier for your other tricks.

Two card bayou means that you can get the most out of a red joker with her or any high card. Propper manners means that most people will either do minimal damage or use most of their AP trying to land a decent hit against her. For an old lady she sure does have plenty of ways to avoid getting hurt