So'mer Teeth Jones

Omenbringer

When I decided I was going to play Malifaux, I absolutely had to have the pigherding, shine drinking, dirty hillbillies from Bayou country. Here is the first of the group;

Da'Boss

SomerProfile.jpg

SomerLeftSide.jpg

SomerRightSide.jpg

And what self respectin' holligan wouldn't post his own wanted sign?

SomerBack.jpg

Let me know what ya think, comments and criticism always appreciated.

Edited by Omenbringer
Edited for bigger pictures

nice one, I love the Wanted sign too. How did you do it? I've been planning to make some for my buildings (and some 'No Entry' or 'Suspected Neverborn Activity' for some random walls closing passage between buildings). My idea was to print them on normal paper and soak them in some acrylic paint. Do you think that would work?

Wanted signs are fairly easy, I used Powerpoint and google to get the right feel of what should be on them. Once I made the sign the way I wanted I just used the scalable printing feature to scale everything down to 20%. Unfortunately you end up wasting a bit of paper doing it this way but it is easy. Once they are printed throw some GW Gryphone Sepia over it for the aged feel.

Also what exactly are you looking for bigger pictures of?

Edited by Omenbringer

No, the rest of the crew wont be continuing the wall or house, however, they will be showcasing the rest of So'mers place.

Also Gryphonne Sepia is nice, however, I would still like to have my Chestnut ink back! The two are similar but at the same time substantially different. Gryphonne Sepia is more like a glaze to me then a wash.

A great and cheap way for aging posters is to print out on standard paper, scrunch up, flatten out , and then to use a teabag dunked in hot water then dab on to posterutil desired effect acheived. Very effectve.

Thanks, I'll try this method too. I always liked 'alternative' ways for modelling, usink as much junk as you can. The result always feels better. :D

You could also apply all those effects directly in Photoshop ;)

Then, instead of scalable printing, in Photoshop just go to Image -> Image Size, then type in the proportions you want to make your wanted poster and bam, its done.

A quick way for getting the aged look (even though it will be semi-cheap) is from your Actions menu -> Sepia Tone. If you can't find your Actions menu, you can locate it under the Windows tab at the top. Then once you locate the Sepia option, click it and hit the play button at the bottom of the Actions menu. The sepia action isn't top quality, but its an easy way of creating the sepia tone, aged look for people who don't know how to do so manually in Photoshop.

I could tell you how to add crinkles and scuffs/worn looks in Photoshop as well, but you start getting into slightly more complicated stuff at that point with layering and blending and so forth.

I hope this stuff might help somebody who wants to try some things out in Photoshop. Good luck.

like it lots .. bigger pics would be great...

also not too keen on the colour of the base edge maybe black or even very dark brown would tie better....

I prefer the GW inks to the new washes .. they certainly go a lot further and thinned down give much better results than the new stuff that have just too much medium in them to work effectively although the are reat as blening mediums in highlight clours...that said gryphonne sepia is pretty darn useful I just wish they'd done a yellow opens up allsorts of colour mixng opportunities

• 5 months later...