Sorrows

vtol

So what kinds of uses have you all be able to come up with for our Sorrows?

Here are some I've been thinking of:

• link to martyr models to soak damage
  • block LOS
  • link to enemy models to tie them up and start slowly draining them (especially good for tying up ranged models and keeping them from shooting)
  • use enemy spells from linked enemy models (haven't explored this yet)
  • use friendly linked spells

you forgot the most important one. Have multiple sorrows within three inches of an opponent when he attempts to shoot pandora and fails the WP duel, then he take 1 WD from pandora and one from each additional sorrow in range due to emotional stress. Making for a major penalty when the opponent fails a WP test and take 4 WDs for such failure.

Works especially well in choke points, and after Pandora has cast Dementia on the model. 2 failed WP test and it'll kill all but the most hardened models.

I had actually though of making an Army of sorrows with like 9 sorrows, can't kill them all and if a bunch get in that three inch range, think about it, one failed WP duel and bam he just took 10 WDs of damage.

Edited by goblyn13

Goblyn13's example is the way I use Sorrows best. Usually this is how it goes with my starter box::

1. Link Sorrows to each Woe and Pandora

2. Move the Woes and Pandora up the field- thus pushing the Linked Sorrows

3. Continue until Woes are in charge range of said target- Linked Sorrows still pushed and can soak unwanted damage. Pandora and her sorrow are at least 6" behind the others- her sorrow either remains linked, or unlinks for chargeing/walking.

4. Sorrows unlink from woes and charge target linking to the enemy.

5. Pandora is at least 12" away, Kade charges/Backstabs, Cady casts from 5-6" away from taget, hopefully 2" within range of Kade (for healing flips). All use 0 cost action Incite or Pacify, forcing a WP duel. Target fails (hopefully) and suffers 3-4 damage per fail depending if I can get that 3rd Sorrow linked in.

6. Listen to opponent wince for every WP deul he has to make, which possibly can be alot. After 1 target is dead move to the next- but they may not be far away as opponents come to melee the Sorrorws.

usually thats how it goes, much fun, specially if your cards are working with you.

Yeah I can see using these guys as speed bumps for the enemy but they are very very fragile, as I found out the hard way. Though their Dulliams (think I got the name right) spell can be a life saver. I keep a 13 in my hand especially for this and when I already have Pandora's spell up on the target for the negative flip on WP duels. The sorrow is most likely already in range and all you do then is just flip, see if you get lucky and get it off from the flip, if not cheat with the 13 and boom! 1 damage from pandora's ability and they are now paralyzed. This is going to be a constant tactic for me with them.

I never thought of linking them to an enemy model... it's so... fiendish and yet... I love it so much! I can see doing this to someone like Rasputina and hosing her down with her own AE spells and cackling madly as you force WP test after WP test on her.

These guys were made for pandora, guess thats why they are in her box heh. They are easily overlooked at first to, especially if the enemy doesn't realize that Pandora wants to set up a web of WP duels and then force you into a lock down situation.

One question that comes up for me is how to keep these fragile sorrows alive long enough to get into melee range - especially against a shooty crew like Perdita and the Ortegas. Once they realize the threat that the sorrows pose, aren't they likely to concentrate on shooting them down at range so that by the time you get to melee range you've lost some of your most potent threats. I'm sure you can use terrain to help get closer without getting shot up, but that's still risky. How do you guys deal with this?

Well the simple answer is terrain man. Its what you gotta do with a group of models like this. You gotta play to the terrain and take risks. If you run straight at the enemy guns, I dont care who you are you WILL get shot in the face.

Use terrain and anything else you can to block their LOS or make use of Hard Cover (this helps a lot btw since the negative flip means they cant cheat fate).

Otherwise... well yeah, your walking down a gun line. It sucks because there is no "stealth" like mechanic in this game.

I kinda with the Sorrows had something to protect then, like being spirits or having the harmless trait. But then again... at 3 SS's a pop, these guys are dirt cheap and can do some serious damage to the enemy and their plans.

Oh well. They are great models none the less, but I think I would have payed 4 SS's for them if they had some kind of mechanic to protect them as they advance up the field.

that's what Link is for, you use it to slingshot them ahead especially pairng them up with the wonder tots Kade and Candy, use kade and candy's movement to move them across the board faster, then essentially toss them at your opponent to have it link to your opponent. And being that they are cheap, just bring lots of them.