YULE-TIDE IN MALIFAUX!

In Search Of...

The Krampus!

TOURNAMENT and PAINTING CONTEST!

Where:

Games Plus (http://www.games-plus.com/)

101 West Prospect Avenue

Mount Prospect, Illinois 60056

We are in downtown Mount Prospect. Prospect Ave. is one block south of Northwest Highway (Route 14) along Main Street (Route 83.)

Phone #: 847-577-9656

When:

Scheduled for Saturday December 19th 12:30PM start time!

Rules:

[url=http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0Bwlm8pU5GYC_YzdiNTY4YzMtMzAyYi00ZDY0LTk0OWYtYWVlNWVmOWI2YTk4&hl=en]http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0Bwlm8pU5GYC_YzdiNTY4YzMtMzAyYi00ZDY0LTk0OWYtYWVlNWVmOWI2YTk4&hl=en

In case you forget its a food drive I plan to be "selling" cans of food at the Tourney. The Cost is a buck an item and all proceeds(and any left over food I don't sell) will also be donated to a local food pantry.

All Donations will be give to The City of Mount Prospect Food Pantry

Prizes

First Place - The First place Trophy, A Gift certificate for Games plus(amount depends on number of players), and maybe more(TBD)

Second Place - The Second place Trophy, A Gift certificate for Games plus(amount depends on number of players), and maybe more(TBD)

Thirds Place - The Third place Trophy, A Gift certificate for Games plus(amount depends on number of players), and maybe more(TBD)

Painting contest:

Best Single painted Wyrd Mini. Judging will be done by vote of players. The Mini does not need to be one used in your crew

Painting Prize Winners - TBD, most likely a gift certificate to the Wyrd store.

$5 Entry fee (for prizes)

1.) WEiRD sKeTCH

2.) Fool

3.) Lionheart

4.) Jokerohki

5.) zombied00d

6.) Redstripe

7.) Phoenix

8.)

9.)

10.)

11.)

12.)

13.)

14.)

15.)

16.)

17.)

18.)

19.)

20.)

21.)

22.)

23.)

24.)

25.)

26.)

27.)

28.)

29.)

30.)

ALTERNATES

1.) FireSoCold

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

Edited by nilus

• 2 weeks later...

I am editing the first post but here are the rules of the tournament

Rules:

30 Soul Stone One Faction Open Draft - IE You draft your crew each round after finding out your strategy and opponents faction. The only rule is you must stay within one faction

Malifood Drive(thanks to Dv8guy for the idea) - Each round you may donate canned or boxed food for extra soul stones. Each item will grant your crew 1 Soul Stone for the encounter or 5 Items can be traded in to grant one of your models the "Use Soul Stone ability". To maintain some balance and fair play the maximum amount of items per round that be donated for Soul Stones(or the use Soul Stone Ability) is 5. You can feel free to donate more(and its encouraged), but more then 5 items will only score you a lot of good Karma

3 Rounds with predetermined themed strategies and encounter feature. Players will be allowed to pick 2 Schemes as well.

Prizes

First Place - The First place Trophy, A Gift certificate for Games plus(amount depends on number of players), and maybe more(TBD)

Second Place - The Second place Trophy, A Gift certificate for Games plus(amount depends on number of players), and maybe more(TBD)

Thirds Place - The Third place Trophy, A Gift certificate for Games plus(amount depends on number of players), and maybe more(TBD)

Painting contest Winners - TBD, most likely a gift certificate to the Wyrd store.

Edited by nilus

• 2 weeks later...
Any way we can start a little earlier in the day? I have a holiday party that night to go to, and my wife will kill me if I show up really late.

How early are you thinking?

First of all, gamers are consistently late. There are always those that call in to the store saying "Don't start yet! I'm almost there!"

Second, Dan has to set up the tables before the gamers start showing up and distracting him with minutae of "what each scenario is going to be like", or "what do you think of this list?", or "how are you going to handle this rule?"

Third, We have some folks that come from out of state. And that means they have to get up and out earlier than those of us who are local to the area.

Not sure I can't start to much earlier then 12:30 since people are coming from out of town. I plan to put up the scenarios a week ahead of time to help alleviate questions and have people more prepared

Here is the tentative schedule I was going with for the day

12:30 (or earlier as people roll in) - Sign up starts

12:50 - Pairings handed out. People draft there army list for round 1

1:00 - Minis hit the table round 1

2:30 - Round 1 ends - half hour break and Painting contest judging

3:00 - Pairing handed out for round 2. Draft armies

3:10 - Minis hit the table round 2

4:40 - Round 2 ends - 15 minute break

4:55 - Pairings handed out for round 3. Draft armies

5:05 - Minis hit the table round 3

6:35 - Round 3 ends - prizes handed out

If rounds go quick or people don't want long breaks(or armies get drafted quickly) we might be able to shave time off this.