Seamus list help please

DangerousBeans

Heya, been playing Malifaux from the onset but only used Rasputina enough to matter. Using Seamus for the first time in a proper game next week and was wondering if y'all could give me a bit of advice. I've got everything out for Resi's aside from Mortimer. I was going to use:

Seamus (w/5ss)

Sybelle

2 x Belles

3 x Punk Zombies

1 x Necropunk

I'm tempted to drop a punk zombie and 2ss for a flesh construct but not sure. (it'd be one less model to paint too!)

The punk's there for strategy grabbing mostly and possibly to hang around Seamus and deter things with undead psychosis.

I'll be playing against Lilith and I'd assume he's going to be using a mature neph, 3 terror tots and 2 silurids although I know he's dying to use Juju and since he knows he's playing resi's I'd say he might just.

Doing the math, I find that you are planning a 35SS game. Is this correct?

If so, here's what I would bring to the table...

Seamus

Madame Sybelle (6SS)

x2 Rotten Belles (8SS)

x1 The Hanged (8SS)

x2 Punk Zombies (10SS)

x3 SS for pool (3SS)

In that large a game, the Hanged will help you with both ranged damage and crowd control. Without having the book nearby for immediate verification, I do believe that not all of Lilith's minions are immune to Morale Duels. If that is correct, the Hanged will provide some much needed "oomph" to your Terrifying tactics. Likewise, its spells really are that good, especially against high wound capacity forces like Lilith.

Don't forget that you want to shoot her minions and not put Seamus in melee with things that likely have "Black Blood".

If you don't like the Hanged, you could purchase two Crooked Men instead. This would potentially give you similiar board control via "Shafted", without the fear of putting such a large amount of resources into a single model.

Please let us know how all this turns out!

Ah yes, should have mentioned that it's 35ss. That's what we usually play anyway so I'd assume it's implicated! (otherwise I might have *slight* advantage!). I would love to use a hanged but I have a habitual hatred of proxying (and using unpainted models, bit of a pain really but means things get painted). The Hanged will be an auto-include with Seamus as soon as the model's out!

I think I'll swap in a Flesh construct, even just because I've never used him! So the list will look like this:

Seamus (w/3ss)

Sybelle

Flesh Construct

2 x Belles

2 x Punk Zombies

1 x Necropunk

I'm a bit worried at my lack of SS, but since Seamus and his women can lower def/wp I might not need as many to hit Lilith, or I could just try and frighten her away every turn! Plus Seamus can heal himself, which is cool.

Since you asked so nicely, I'll try to do a bp :D