Toughest opponents for guild masters?

Black_Mamba

So, I had a question for the experienced guild players. Who are the most difficult masters to face (in terms of abilities, playing styles, etc.) for each of the guild masters?

My sense is that the guild stacks up pretty well against all of the other factions, but that each of our masters excels at fighting a certain kind of opponents. So, which masters in other factions tend to provide the most difficulties for our guys?

I'm looking forward to your thoughts.

Lady J CAN potentially Nuke the board of most all undead, with one or two turns. However, this is a pricey action, and requires some high casting to pull off. Ignoring her Undead related abilities...she is just nasty all around. Consider us the faction that kills stuff efficiently enough, but has a dash of Kryptonite just in case Superman chooses to pop his face up.

I am rather surprised at the lack of an answer to the original poster's question.

I do not play Guild, but would also like to know what Guild players feel are their most difficult match-ups. While we are all aware that the Guild has a general strength and specific power against various factions, what we do not know is how Guild players perceive their weaknesses.

What are they, from your perspective?

The Guild have no weakness, BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Personally I find Neverborn to be hard to deal with. Lilith and crew are great beat stick and are as straightforward and heavy hitting as most Guild crews.

Zoraida is full or tick and can really cause damage using obey and such from any distance.

And Pandora can just be a pain with her ability to force when units activate and cause damage when they fail WP duels(which she generates a ton of).

That was helpful. I hope more such posts are made, as that really helps us all in understanding the game dynamics better in this early exposure stage.

Fighting the Guild (Seamus for the win!), I find while all the Guild Masters and typical Crews have a lot of initial strength, Guild forces really have a tough time rebounding from taking casualties.

The whole Guild feel of being more than just the sum of its parts actually works against the Guild if key pieces are destroyed. Add to that an inability to really recover damage or replace lost forces and the Guild can stagnate mid-game.

That has been my experience fighting the Guild, mostly with Seamus & Co. If I prepare myself to take a pretty brutal beating until turn three or four, while postponing my Strategy to focus on destroying one or two Guild models, I find the Guild cannot usually keep up with me at the close.

Of course, even better for me is that Guild casualties (barring Lady Justice's interference) become Rotten Belles... but I think this tactic will work for most Guild opponents and is something Guild players will have to address. Your faction has powerful models with great stats, but simply does not have the ability to rebound from unlucky draws/positioning/attacks/damage like other forces.

So far my main opponents are Lillith and Seamus two mean masters when i'm using Sonia Cridd (the only box set i have so far).

Seamus is damn near impossible to kill true you can pick apart his army but if you get Assasinate you are better off achieving your Schemes instead. Having Governors Proxy helps out versus the Belles seeing as almost all the guild models gain +2 WP.

Versus Lilith i try and make her tackle as many witchling stalkers as possible before i throw other things at her. Sometimes i even suicide Sonia by casting inferno and hoping she dies to do 6 damage. Has anyone tried to do a Papa Loco/Witchling Stalker/Sonia Inferno self destruction tactic? I imagine stacking as much damage into one place will finish off or deplte many soul stones giving the Guild player a slight advantage.

The problem I see with a whole self-sacrificing army is the fact, that you might kill your opponent at roughly the same time your last crew-member slef-destructs. This might be effective for assassinate, denial, etc. but highly problematical if you take break-through or draw "Get a model in every quarter of the table", etc.

The problem I see with a whole self-sacrificing army is the fact, that you might kill your opponent at roughly the same time your last crew-member slef-destructs. This might be effective for assassinate, denial, etc. but highly problematical if you take break-through or draw "Get a model in every quarter of the table", etc.

And people wonder why you hire Crews after you determine what your strategies and schemes are.

:vb_tongue