Aw, look at the cute puppy!

Werecat

So, I've been toying with this list for awhile now. I think it's going to be really fun, and also competitive. Now, I just need to decide if I want to spend the money for that many canine remains proxies ;)

Crew Cost: 30/30 Remaining: 0 Soulstones: 3

Name Cost

Nicodem, the Undertaker 3

Vulture 2

Vulture 2

Bete Noire 9

Canine Remains 2

Canine Remains 2

Canine Remains 2

Canine Remains 2

Canine Remains 2

Canine Remains 2

Nurse 5

Basically, it's a big, fat, game of recycling. I'm doing my part to help the enviroment ;). The dogs will run in groups of 2-3, so they actually pose a threat. The nurse is there to get off the dog bomb, so a dog can go buzzing a crossed the field, and pop like a big Bete Noire piñata, to take out a key model or so, and hop around as long as possible. As things die, the vultures pick up the corpses, and give them back to Nicodem, who spends the game turning them into punk zombies, flesh constructs, whatever is needed.

What do you guys think? Do you think the Nurse is a good use of points? Anything you would change?

Reaper Classic Undead Hounds work too - I just re-based some of these. You could get away with 2 sets for $16 + shipping.

The list looks like fun. One thing to watch out for is Bad Juju landsliding away all your dogs if you keep them at all close to each other. He's really rough against Nicodem since Nico has no offensive spells that can hurt him and no melee ability to speak of. That means you're relying on your army to deal with him, and you're somewhat lacking in the heavy hitter dept. Bete should be able to handle him though.

Another thing is Sebastian works really well with packs of Canine Remains. He gives the whole pack companion with his 0 action (well, he gives it to one dog, who gives it to the rest of them if they're in a chain less than 6" between links). Nothing says fun like a huge pack of rabid zombie dogs! He may be worth trying to fit in your list.

Edited by Khail

I played a list with 4 dogs last night, unfortunately the Viktorias made short work of them and Hamelin cleaned up the corpse tokens with his rats.

They can be OK for taking objectives as they are the only it of speed we have, but if they do not get the benefit of Nicos +2Df/+2Cb they are a bit weak. If you can manage to get off reanimator and turn them into PZ then all is good.

I use plastic zombie dogs for the 'Zombies' game expansion - the FLGS guy gave me 5; I think they come in a big bag for not much cost. I had previously proxied old GW chaos hounds, but they are way too big for scale on a Ht 1 model.

Khail: Yeah, I was thinking about that too. I might just drop the nurse and whatever else to fit Sebastian in.

As far as the canine remains proxies, I had a coupld of reaper Hienas laying around, and they actually look really cool as Canine Remains. Looks like the undead meat has twisted them a bit. But, I only have two. So I can buy 4 more, or I can buy two packs of the actual undead dogs, which would be the same cost, and get me the same number of dogs.

blkdymnd: Those dogs are way rad, but they wouldn't fit on a 30mm base, would they?

Personally I'm a bigger fan of the Nurse with Necropunks. Hard to Kill and Slow to Die make a Stimed Necropunk on Speed into an "issue" that isn't as easily solved as a juiced up Canine Remains, who will probably only get it's first activation before getting killed.

Dog bombs aren't BAD, but if I was going for the Nurse with expendables list I'd include Necropunks over dogs most days.

what i was considering with the (dead) doggies was to use them to fetch Corpse counters; Belles lure the target closer, Shamus / copycat / Sybelle shoot it dead (or in the case of the so'mer clan; him killing his own guys) the canine nips in, grabs the counter and runs it back to Seamus...

Yeah, dogs are good for that, unless Teeths big ol' pigs eat up all the corpse counters before you get to em! That's why I'm really liking the vultures, as they can do that, with a flying walk of 10, and pass them to Nicodem without having to make the treck back. But with Seamus, the dogs are a nice alternative :) Though alot of the time, Seamus has better things to do than summoning belles. Like poppin' a cap in someones ass. Seamus is such a gangster, ha ha.

Khail: I agree. If I was going for the bomb, and the nurse was something I was really attached to, I would definitely switch to the Necropunks. But the nurse is just a side benifit here. I would let her go in a second. No, this list is all about the circle of (un)life. Dogs go, dogs bite, dogs die, and the dogs become much more beautiful butterflys, like Punk Zombies and Flesh constructs. So the more bodies I have on the field to play with, the better.